Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Coworker

Guest JP

Tonight at work my coworker started talking about the tribulation. She asked me and my other coworker what would happen if the tribulation came tomorrow, and if we wanted to get raptured. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and didn't say anything (I didn't want to get in it with her) but she said "Well I wanna get raptured! What, are you afraid?" I'm not quite sure what she meant by that, but I'm sure she feels I'm going to hell and is praying for my soul as we speak.

Yesterday she had the audactity to claim that only Catholics get abortions, CHRISTIANS don't.

I wish Christians wouldn't preach in the workplace. It is so unprofessional.

Tonight at work my coworker started talking about the tribulation. She asked me and my other coworker what would happen if the tribulation came tomorrow, and if we wanted to get raptured. I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and didn't say anything (I didn't want to get in it with her) but she said "Well I wanna get raptured! What, are you afraid?" I'm not quite sure what she meant by that, but I'm sure she feels I'm going to hell and is praying for my soul as we speak.

Just say that you don't believe in it. But I'm sure that will only open a fresh can of worms.

Yesterday she had the audactity to claim that only Catholics get abortions, CHRISTIANS don't.

:lmao: How do you not laugh in her face?

*Gasp* You're denying them their religious freedom! :HaHa:

It's very disturbing to me when Christians talk about the tribulation and can only think of getting, but not care about the people dying and suffering. :ugh:

That comment about abortions, well that's just wrong. I can tell you, the number of both Christian and Catholic women who get abortions is fairly high. If I was a violent person I would have slapped her for making such a claim.

Ummm...Catholics *are* Christian! :ugh: I know- I used to be one.

Try to ignore this idiot. She's obviously off her rocker. Maybe some medication might help her to think normally.

If she talks to you again about the Rapture, will you please do me a favor and ask her where she thinks people will go when it happens. She'll say "heaven", of course, but ask her where that is. Does she really think she's going to be sitting around on a cloud with God and Jesus? Will Jesus come around with a six-pack to watch the game on TV? Is there TV in heaven? If heaven is in the sky, why can't astronauts or the Hubble telescope see it? What happens if it's a clear day and there are no clouds to sit on? Will Jesus visit everybody, or just the extra holy? What will people do in heaven? Will it just be a never-ending church service? Is God really an old man with a long white beard (or is that Santa)? Does God have a face? If animals don't have souls and therefore don't go to heaven, where will Jesus and the angels get those white horses they're supposed to ride down to earth when they commence to smiting evildoers?

I could go on and on. I like messing with True Believers' heads and, because I live in the UK and have never met a Rapturite in the 20 years I've lived here, I don't get the opportunity to ask these questions because the Rapture doesn't come up in conversation (especially not at work).

She's allowed to preach at work? That shit makes me crazy!

Great suggestions, Lola..I'm going to keep them in mind next time it comes up. I'm in Texas..it comes up often.. :lmao:

Next time she goes on about that crap, give her a dose of "Bob". :HaHa:

Try printing these out and give them to her to shut her up.

When she hears that she's going to miss out on the Xist pleasure saucers she'll kick herself. :lmao:

Having had a fundy coworker myself, I've found the best way to deal with them is to tell them politely but firmly whenever they bring up religion that you don't have time to talk. If you're consistent doing that, eventually they will get the point and go bother someone else.

I hate when this happens.

I work with fundies too. The kind of fundie that will start proselytizing in a grocery parking lot.

They think they are earning brownie points with god by speaking boldly in his name.

It repulses me to think that they rejoice in going to heaven while millions of people suffer undue agony.

Personally, I just give a fake smile and walk off. I can no longer sit and listen to adults wax poetic about a fairy tale.

Say it is workplace discrimination/harassment. Just record in a little book and maybe with a tape recorder all the times your co-worker tries to evangelize you, then tell your boss and say you have evidence.

At the very least the christian will get a tongue lashing and maybe (if you are lucky) get fired for repeated offences.

Just a thought.

Hi! I've been lurking for a while, and this is my first post.

I had a summer job at a place where almost everybody was a fundie. (No, it wasn't an officially religious organization; it was the county government, law enforcement. A lot of law enforcement people are fundies.)

The people there were open about talking about God, Bible, etc., but only once did I encounter a small hassle. This one woman was talking to me about Jerusalem and Armageddon, etc., and asked me, "Do you go to church?" I said, "No."

Then she said, "Well, you believe in the Bible, don't you?"

I was unprepared for this, so I said, "Yes." A better answer would have been, "Yes, I've read the Bible." But she startled me, and I'm used to trying to blend in wherever I go.

I miss the job, but not the feeling of being the only one of my kind.

I say ignore her stupid ass. She's looking for opposition. You gotta watch nutters like that.

Besides, someone asking you a question is only a request for information. You are in no way required to give any response at all. They are asking something that's none of their frickin' business, so why answer?

I would just stare at her (stare...not glare), until she feels awkward, and goes away on her own. Silence is your friend.

Ask if you can have her car and her house after she flies off into the sky. :D

One of the locations I support is a community center that houses several state agencies, including the Department of Social Services, DHEC, and several other organizations. One of these organizations has the name "Ministries" in its title. It does some excellent work, providing food, clothing, and sometimes even money to pay bills for low income and needy families. It also provides professional counseling and job search services. Despite its name, I have never seen any overt prostylizing going on. Everything seems above board, EXCEPT...

In all of the personal offices for this organization (and even a couple of the state agencies' offices) are Bible verses and overt religious symbols. Even if they don't overtly try to convert folks, I'm sure the impression is that this is a Christian establishment. I can't help but wonder how someone from another faith (or no faith) might feel if they should need this group's services.

That situation aside, I had gone out for lunch one day. I usually eat by myself so I can get away from the office and read. This day, my usual eatery was crowded, and the only space available was with two women from this organization, so I joined them. I got the perfunctory, "How ya doin'?", and briefly replied that it had been a "challenging" day, to say the least. When our food arrived, one of the ladies launched into a long-winded blessing/prayer in which she went on and on asking God to provide me guidance in my time of tribulation. This, while I sat awkwardly staring at my rapidly cooling food. Next time, I think I'll insist on my own table.

• 2 weeks later...

... That situation aside, I had gone out for lunch one day. I usually eat by myself so I can get away from the office and read. This day, my usual eatery was crowded, and the only space available was with two women from this organization, so I joined them. I got the perfunctory, "How ya doin'?", and briefly replied that it had been a "challenging" day, to say the least. When our food arrived, one of the ladies launched into a long-winded blessing/prayer in which she went on and on asking God to provide me guidance in my time of tribulation. This, while I sat awkwardly staring at my rapidly cooling food. Next time, I think I'll insist on my own table.

You just gave me an idea. Next time I get caught in a long-a** blessing I'm just going to start eating. :wicked:

You mean you don't want to be raptured? That's just soooo shocking. :HaHa: