Goodbye Jesus

Proof The Christian God Does Not Exist

Gnosisquest

The Christians and the Judaic God does not exist as imagined by the Christians.

While there is a plethora of evidence that this god is nothing more than a figment of the imagination of his followers I will contend myself with a short exposure which proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Christians state that their God created the heavens and the earth, followed by the creation of Adam and Eve, after a bit comes Abraham, Moses, David and Solomon, the book of Daniel etc. This is then ultimately followed by Jesus and while this is short this sequence of events is adhered to by all followers.

The Gods prior to Abraham was the Sumerian and Babylonian gods, that is where the tales are from and there is no reason to believe otherwise. The God of Abraham was supposedly YHWH, the Israelite God represented by the Tetragammaton.

Let us look at the proof that the believers order of events is false: The God depicted in Exodus was "I am that I am"; this was an epithets of Amon Re, the Egyptian sun God. One of the representations of this God was as a burning bush that did not burn up. Also as the bible incorrectly states, you don't die by looking at his face, you go blind. Yes, as the Bible states, you can watch him as he passes by. (You can look at the sun as it sets in the evening without going blind).

The people who worshipped the God represented by the Tetragammaton were the Shasu. This God was known as Yawwu in the ancient world, yet in a document found at Ugarit from about 1200 BC he was renamed Yammu by the chief God El. Yammu was a God of the underworld.

The God depicted in Daniel was Marduk. The struggle in Daniel is between the followers of Marduk as opposed to the Old moon God Nabonidus was attempting to reinstall.

The Daniel tale is not about Nebuchadnezzar as is proven by several things such as the son’s name, Balthazar. Nabonidus had such a son as verified by booth Greek and Babylonian records, Nebuchadnezzar did not. Nabonidus did go mad and relinquished the empire to his son Balthazar who lost Babylon without a struggle.

The Christian God is neither one of these three Gods. The Christian God was from the Roman Emperor Constantine which is the reason no gospels are available from prior to Constantine.

I can prove the above statements without problem to practically anyone; the fact that everyone will not believe the proof is no more significant than the fact that the flat earth society still exists.

I wouldn't say Nabonidus went mad. He did go into the desert for seven years to "find god" so to speak but there's no real evidence of madness that I have found. Of course "Daniel" falsely attributes this to Nebuchadnezzar and madness (like he does a great many things). If I recall some of these errors come from Baruch. Research must have been quite painful in those days. ;)

That aside, the entire Book of Daniel is one huge mess being written hundreds of years after the fact so Marduk is just one of the gods in play at the time it supposedly takes place. It's almost not even really worth mentioning as a "proof." The issues being that the kings in question supposedly convert to YHWH but since YHWH is totally absent in their histories Daniel can be safely ignored and taken for what it is which is a "prophecy" written in the authors present day about Antiochus IV and the Maccabee revolt (he tied it back to the Babylonian exile and the messiah that was Cyrus II hoping Judah Maccabee would be the next, and final, messiah IMO).

mwc

yeah, i agree Daniel is an outright forgery and not the best basis for arguing theology... based on a legendary Canaanite figure named Dan'el.

i'd go to Ezra, Nehemiah and Chronicles to show how the priests returning from the Babylonian exile introduced a "Book" oriented monotheism (modeled on Babylonian motifs) to the people of Israel, circa 530 BCE.

Thank you for your response mwc, I agree with your statements but would like to speculate that Nabonidus very well may have been mad.

After all, he left the kingdom for his inept son to lose while he was off in an attempt to encounter his "God".

That the Israelites employed the Babylonian legend to console themselves with hundreds of years after the legend was created is not disputed anywhere except with the most fanatic evangelists.

My statement still stands however because the lay Christians incorporate the Daniel legend with their beliefs along with the sun God of the Egyptians. In other words, the proof that the God as the Christian understands does not exist.

Best Rasmus

(PS, this was my initial post after becoming a member of exchristians.net, testing the waters so to speak.)

[quote i'd go to Ezra, Nehemiah and Chronicles to show how the priests returning from the Babylonian exile introduced a "Book" oriented monotheism (modeled on Babylonian motifs) to the people of Israel, circa 530 BCE.

Thank you for your reply Crunk Bishop, if one goes to the "Dead Sea Scrolls Bible", by Martin Abegg, Peter Flint and Eugene Ulrich we discover immediately that there is practically no material from Ezra, Nehemiah or Chronicles. Since the current Biblical versions are created from the Leningrad Codex 1008 CE and the Aleppo Codex 925 CE I hold that the material from the Dead Sea Caves is far more important when it comes to learning what actually happened. The material from the caves has not been in the possession of the early Christians and their forgery machine.

A far more interesting possibility in my opinion is that it was the few remnants of the ancient Shasu who returned to Jerusalem about 530 BCE and employed ancient legends and fables to create a legacy which made them the "true" inhabitants of Israel.

There was no other people's of antiquity who worshipped the God YHWH so the possibility that this tribe saw an opportunity is what I feel is closer to the truth than any other theory I have seen so far.

Best Rasmus

The people who worshipped the God represented by the Tetragammaton were the Shasu. This God was known as Yawwu in the ancient world, yet in a document found at Ugarit from about 1200 BC he was renamed Yammu by the chief God El. Yammu was a God of the underworld.
:eek: Like Yama, the god of the underworld?

We. Have. A. Winner. No wonder the Abrahamic deity is so keen on things dying...

...Oh, wait. Yama might actually be Ymir, who was killed by Odin, Vili and Ve.

Unless he was actually the leader of the Shasu:

...with one of the Shasu described as "Yhw in the land of the Shasu"...

One way or another, looks like Yahweh is either a deity of the dead, or an ex-deity pushing up the daisies somewhere. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

Thank you for your response mwc, I agree with your statements but would like to speculate that Nabonidus very well may have been mad.

After all, he left the kingdom for his inept son to lose while he was off in an attempt to encounter his "God".

He might have been mad but there's really no evidence to support it. He would not have been the first ruler to come to power and behave in such a fashion so I see no reason to attribute madness to his behavior is all. Considering that Nanna is the god of wisdom it doesn't seem unreasonable to seek this particular trait out. Arrogance could have convinced him that his empire was safe and his son was capable of taking care of business while he was away on this "quest."

I really don't know much about Belshazzar outside what Daniel has to say about him and I don't trust his witness based on all the other mistakes he makes.

That the Israelites employed the Babylonian legend to console themselves with hundreds of years after the legend was created is not disputed anywhere except with the most fanatic evangelists.

My statement still stands however because the lay Christians incorporate the Daniel legend with their beliefs along with the sun God of the Egyptians. In other words, the proof that the God as the Christian understands does not exist.

Really? Perhaps I misunderstand what you're saying here then. Many xians I know believe that Daniel was written during the exile and is ongoing prophecy (relevant to modern xians). These folks are not fundies or evangelicals at all. When I tell them the Jews of the day didn't believe this and this is why the book is in the writings section of the OT (what xians call the OT at least) they are surprised.

So if you're talking in a purely academic sense, then I might be inclined to agree with you, but if you're just talking "in general" then I'm not so sure. People, xians especially, tend to believe what they're told and they're told a lot of bad information (I'm assuming you're an ex-c like most of us here and you are aware of this from personal experience).

(PS, this was my initial post after becoming a member of exchristians.net, testing the waters so to speak.)

Test away. This is a place where people pretty much speak their minds as you'll discover if you stick around. Don't be surprised if too many xians, if any, come around and chat with you. They tend to ignore posts like yours or maybe they'll reply with something like the chariot wheels in the Red Sea or something lame like that.

Anyhow, since I didn't take notice that you were new here before I'll go ahead and say welcome aboard. :)

mwc

Shasu[/url]:
...with one of the Shasu described as "Yhw in the land of the Shasu"...

One way or another, looks like Yahweh is either a deity of the dead, or an ex-deity pushing up the daisies somewhere. Nothing to see here folks, move along...

The reference to Redford and his historical report on the Shasu in Wikipedia seems booth slanted and far too simplistic.

Donald B. Redford in "Canaan, Egypt and Israel in Ancient times reported on the Shasu and their chief God represented by the Tetragammaton known variously as Yhw, Yawwu or our famous God YHWH.

In the material from Ugarit from about 1200 BCE El stated "Your name shall no longer be Yawwu, Yammu shall be your name and Yammu was known as the God of the underworld; he was a jealous God, Jealous of his brothers who all had wives, Yammu was so ugly no woman desired him.

You are correct however; it's time to let dead Gods lie there pushing up daisies.

Best Rasmus

Thanks for the welcome mwc; I have read some other material about Nabonidus and Balthazar, yet I fully agree with your statement that what Daniel has to say is inaccurate historically.

The Babylonians did report that Nabonidus was insane so that part Daniel got correct, yet whether they labeled him insane for attempting to return to the worship of the moon God or if they had more substantial reasons for labeling him insane I have insufficient data to ascertain.

My statement regarding the proof the Christian God does not exist is based on the fact that if the Christian faith was correct the statements made in their Bible by the deity they worship would have to be correct as well as that which was stated by the people who worshipped the deity.

Since Daniel is incorrect and the God of Exodus must have been Amon-Re there is no possibility that their God extends beyond their imagination.

The Christians do believe what they are told without examination, there I agree but what baffles me is the lack of knowledge by those who profess to be "Pastors".

You mention that there may be xtians who come here to dispute our statements and I'm not unfamiliar with them. One of my most recent arguments with one of them was on writing up where I confronted a person who called himself a Pastor and I told him he was not free to lie to people and tell them there was thousands of examples of the Gospels from prior to Emperor Constantine.

I went through some of the evidence which indicate beyond a doubt that such a statement is a lie and he seemed completely unaware of this fact.

I am amazed at that people qualify to preach without having any real knowledge of what the facts indicate.

Best Rasmus

The Babylonians did report that Nabonidus was insane so that part Daniel got correct, yet whether they labeled him insane for attempting to return to the worship of the moon God or if they had more substantial reasons for labeling him insane I have insufficient data to ascertain.

Hmmm...I'll have to go see if I can dig out my info on this but I could swear that there wasn't any contemporary info on this one way or the other but I could most definately be wrong. :) Either way, losing your empire while you wander off into the desert can get you labeled lots of things after the fact I am sure. I guess this just sticks in my mind because I recall no hard evidence of madness for any king, but seven years of absence, and Daniel pulling madness out of his proverbial ass to account for that.

My statement regarding the proof the Christian God does not exist is based on the fact that if the Christian faith was correct the statements made in their Bible by the deity they worship would have to be correct as well as that which was stated by the people who worshipped the deity.

Since Daniel is incorrect and the God of Exodus must have been Amon-Re there is no possibility that their God extends beyond their imagination.

The Christians do believe what they are told without examination, there I agree but what baffles me is the lack of knowledge by those who profess to be "Pastors".

You mention that there may be xtians who come here to dispute our statements and I'm not unfamiliar with them. One of my most recent arguments with one of them was on writing up where I confronted a person who called himself a Pastor and I told him he was not free to lie to people and tell them there was thousands of examples of the Gospels from prior to Emperor Constantine.

I went through some of the evidence which indicate beyond a doubt that such a statement is a lie and he seemed completely unaware of this fact.

I am amazed at that people qualify to preach without having any real knowledge of what the facts indicate.

You seem to believe in the Exodus. This is something that I do not. Here's an easy to read link I send to people like the one you describe: http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_...20and%20Reality

I came across that link awhile back. I like it because it's on the official Israel website. I disagree with them on a few things (like I'm not too sure David even existed and if he did it sure wasn't the one described in the bible) but it's still a good read.

I do agree with you that xians simply accept what pastors, and their other authority figures, tell them without challenge (or with little challenge) and the pastors themselves usually are poorly informed (the blind leading the blind). Since I deconverted I have been learning everything I thought I knew and it's been tough since I've had to try to forget all that misinformation. It still causes me to confuse quite a few things (being in it for 30+ years tends to solidify certain "truths" that just don't go away overnight).

mwc

The Christians and the Judaic God does not exist as imagined by the Christians.

While there is a plethora of evidence that this god is nothing more than a figment of the imagination of his followers I will contend myself with a short exposure which proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Christians state that their God created the heavens and the earth, followed by the creation of Adam and Eve, after a bit comes Abraham, Moses, David and Solomon, the book of Daniel etc. This is then ultimately followed by Jesus and while this is short this sequence of events is adhered to by all followers.

The Gods prior to Abraham was the Sumerian and Babylonian gods, that is where the tales are from and there is no reason to believe otherwise. The God of Abraham was supposedly YHWH, the Israelite God represented by the Tetragammaton.

Let us look at the proof that the believers order of events is false: The God depicted in Exodus was "I am that I am"; this was an epithets of Amon Re, the Egyptian sun God. One of the representations of this God was as a burning bush that did not burn up. Also as the bible incorrectly states, you don't die by looking at his face, you go blind. Yes, as the Bible states, you can watch him as he passes by. (You can look at the sun as it sets in the evening without going blind).

The God depicted in Daniel was Marduk. The struggle in Daniel is between the followers of Marduk as opposed to the Old moon God Nabonidus was attempting to reinstall.

The Daniel tale is not about Nebuchadnezzar as is proven by several things such as the son’s name, Balthazar. Nabonidus had such a son as verified by booth Greek and Babylonian records, Nebuchadnezzar did not. Nabonidus did go mad and relinquished the empire to his son Balthazar who lost Babylon without a struggle.

The Christian God is neither one of these three Gods. The Christian God was from the Roman Emperor Constantine which is the reason no gospels are available from prior to Constantine.

I can prove the above statements without problem to practically anyone; the fact that everyone will not believe the proof is no more significant than the fact that the flat earth society still exists.

Awesome. So whats the point?

To discredit the God of Israel? That would be pointless. Since you have already expounded on the EVIDENCE of the similarity in these proven ancient Gods. If the ancient Gods are explained and considered to be Gods or God, then the God of Israel is also in the same sense.

Moses was an Egyptian from youth, of course, according to the Bible. Maybe his personal interaction with the One true God, is portrayed in his writtings, of the history of the Israelites, in which I assume was very vague from the Israelites; as they where in slavery in Egypt.

Moses was an Egyptian from youth, of course, according to the Bible. Maybe his personal interaction with the One true God, is portrayed in his writtings, of the history of the Israelites, in which I assume was very vague from the Israelites; as they where in slavery in Egypt.

Well, Moses didn't exist, but assuming he did for sake of discussion he was Hebrew and raised Egyptian. His mother was his nurse according to the story so he would have been exposed to his heritage from day one. But considering they did not know their own "god" it really didn't matter much now did it? Of course not.

As for their "history," well, what might that be? They were in Egypt for about 400 years. They grew to about 2 million people from 70 people in that time (not possible). This original group had Joseph, who was powerful and respected in his unknown pharoah's court. Of course no record by any pharoah speaks of such a person, but like all Hebrews who rose to powerful positions in foreign courts this is par for the course (the bible records it of course but the records in that kingdom, including surrounding kingdoms and all other corroberating(sp?) evidence, tell a different story...like the story in the bible is made up or something). Moses surely knew all of this "history." I fail to see why he wouldn't. If he didn't learn it in his youth he did have those fourty years to hear about it as well (and I imagine there wasn't much else to do than listen to these stories over and over again).

mwc

To discredit the God of Israel? That would be pointless. Since you have already expounded on the EVIDENCE of the similarity in these proven ancient Gods. If the ancient Gods are explained and considered to be Gods or God, then the God of Israel is also in the same sense.

YoYo, say it ain't so! Surely you don't maintain that Gnosis thinks the gods of Sumer, Ebla, Egypt etc. are real entities, and therefore that makes Yahweh a real entity "in the same sense". That would commit both Gnosis and you to some sort of polytheism. Gnosis' point is that these figures of ancient literature were social constructions. Yahweh was a social construction. Gnosis is pointing to the way the gods of one group's beliefs morph out of the gods of a nearby group's beliefs. In a way, it's like evolution - I think this is what people refer to as "memes." By the same token, the figure Yahweh of early Hebrew belief, to the extent we can reconstruct that figure, does not have the same properties as "G-d" of rabbinic Judaism, let alone post-Constantinian Christianity. I think Gnosis is arguing that the modern conception of God in these religions was not handed down by direct communication but rather developed over time by human reflection on earlier religions among the inhabitants of the eastern Mediterranean.

YoYo, say it ain't so! Surely you don't maintain that Gnosis thinks the gods of Sumer, Ebla, Egypt etc. are real entities, and therefore that makes Yahweh a real entity "in the same sense". That would commit both Gnosis and you to some sort of polytheism. Gnosis' point is that these figures of ancient literature were social constructions. Yahweh was a social construction. Gnosis is pointing to the way the gods of one group's beliefs morph out of the gods of a nearby group's beliefs. In a way, it's like evolution - I think this is what people refer to as "memes." By the same token, the figure Yahweh of early Hebrew belief, to the extent we can reconstruct that figure, does not have the same properties as "G-d" of rabbinic Judaism, let alone post-Constantinian Christianity. I think Gnosis is arguing that the modern conception of God in these religions was not handed down by direct communication but rather developed over time by human reflection on earlier religions among the inhabitants of the eastern Mediterranean.

Thats kinda my point though. Even those gods, in which there are related findings and evidences of structure are put into the same catagory of scrutiny. Make sense? If these gods are considered real gods to some people still in todays time, with the structure physically to back it, then the same perception should be geared toward the God of Israel. in conjuction with that, it is possible to corralate the many to the one true God of israel.

Hi, YoYo, sorry, I am not following you here.

Thanks for the reply mwc, there is quite a bit of information about Nabonidus available, there is booth a cylinder and other ancient tablets describing Nabonidus written during his reign.

There is also material from the Greeks and Persians as Cyrus supposedly took him as a prisoner.

When it comes to Exodus I believe the tale has been spun from several different ancient legends. The infant in the basket is of course Sargon the Great of Babylonian fame which has been professed by several experts. The Exodus itself is a warped tale of the expulsion of the Hyksos from Egypt and a borrowing of the Egyptian Pharaohs son and later Pharaoh Moses, (written Ahmose in history books to try and separate him from the obvious Moses).

I'm convinced that there quite possibly were some Shasu among these Hyksos which were expelled. Thank you for the link you provided, also read Prof. D. B. Redford "Egypt, Canaan and Israel in ancient times".

I most assuredly concur with your sentiment about David not being a historical figure and there is no way he could have been the King of the Israelites as depicted by them as there is no material about him in any ancient material from the near east. The one find regarding By't Dvd does not prove anything, in order to make assumptions there would have had to be far more written than just these couple of words. In fact, clinging to such a meager source as evidence only indicates how scant the evidence for correctness in the Biblical literature actually is.

One more interesting composite figure in the bible other than Moses is Solomon. A person with the wisdom of Solon, the fertility of Ramesses II and the riches of Midas is none other than a composite character of all three of these legendary figures.

I congratulate you for being able to deconvert after that many years.

I don't know if I have ever been an ardent Christian, yet I have for fifty years been on a quest to discover just who and what we are.

The ability to walk away from what one has been following for so many years indicates not only courage and wisdom but that you were able to step away from one of the greatest difficulties any human at times have to face; namely the admission that we have been wrong.

All humans create a reality in their minds which is what we live by, to get beyond this imagined reality and understand is always difficult. My hat is off to you!

Best Rasmus

Hi Yoyo, it seems to me that you do not understand the ramifications of what I stated above.

YHWH and the God Yammu of the underworld had similar characteristics and personalities, yet the way Marduk and Amon-Re was depicted is entirely different.

Since we know Amon-Re and Marduk and Odin and Baal do not exist there is absolutely no reason to believe YHWH exists.

The point of discrediting the Christian religion is obvious; it is the damage the cult does to society!

True, the Christians no longer burn witches at the stake, nor do they burn scientists and thinkers (even though they do their utmost to discredit them).

What the Christians are doing to society by referring to the entire human race as sinners and telling children from the time they are able to walk that there is this "hell" they will go to if they question "God" or don't obey their Jesus is immeasurable.

Christianity has condemned "cursed" the entire human race and it is time sanity is given a chance!

Christianity does not contain morals or ethics or empathy, people are composed of these and many other emotions which Christians have been suppressing for centuries!

Best Rasmus

What the Christians are doing to society by referring to the entire human race as sinners and telling children from the time they are able to walk that there is this "hell" they will go to if they question "God" or don't obey their Jesus is immeasurable.

Christianity has condemned "cursed" the entire human race and it is time sanity is given a chance!

Christianity does not contain morals or ethics or empathy, people are composed of these and many other emotions which Christians have been suppressing for centuries!

Best Rasmus

I agree.

The point of discrediting the Christian religion is obvious; it is the damage the cult does to society!

True, the Christians no longer burn witches at the stake, nor do they burn scientists and thinkers (even though they do their utmost to discredit them).

Best Rasmus

Gnosisquest, I think this is the single best explanation of what I believe about xtianity. It's put very simply and cleanly, and addresses all the major concerns we 'antichrist' have with the cult. :woohoo:

It's time we as a species put away childish things, and started trying to understand reality.

Thats kinda my point though. Even those gods, in which there are related findings and evidences of structure are put into the same catagory of scrutiny. Make sense? If these gods are considered real gods to some people still in todays time, with the structure physically to back it, then the same perception should be geared toward the God of Israel. in conjuction with that, it is possible to corralate the many to the one true God of israel.

The god of Isreal is nothing more than a concept, just like all the other gods of the aforementioned religions. The True™ God belongs to no concept.

Best Rasmus

Gnosisquest, I think this is the single best explanation of what I believe about xtianity. It's put very simply and cleanly, and addresses all the major concerns we 'antichrist' have with the cult. :woohoo:

It's time we as a species put away childish things, and started trying to understand reality.

Thank you All Gods Fail; and I would also like to thank YoYo. It is correct, the love of the Christian society is much like the love of the Mafia who will not kill you if you hand over a portion of your weekly profits and it is far past the time when responsible people do something about it!

Fighting terrorism begins closer to home than most people realize; the fight begins and ends with education, not the sword!

Castrating the human mind by allocating all responsibility and trust to an imaginary God is an action of utmost irresponsibility!

Best Rasmus

The Christian God was from the Roman Emperor Constantine which is the reason no gospels are available from prior to Constantine.

Bollocks. They were written during the late first century. And we have large scraps of the gospels which predate Constantine.

The Christian God was from the Roman Emperor Constantine which is the reason no gospels are available from prior to Constantine.

Bollocks. They were written during the late first century. And we have large scraps of the gospels which predate Constantine.

Those 'large scraps' amount to tiny fragments, none of which refute the possibility that all so called Christians prior to Emperor Constantine were 'Gnostic'.

Best Rasmus

• 2 months later...

Can you give us some of the evidence in favor of the Constantine theory?

I think there is enough ante-niceaen material available (including Clement of Alexandria) that did not come to us by way of Eusebius to conclude that the totality of christian thought did not begin with Constantine and Eusebius in the fourth century.

But, whether that dispersion of early beliefs bears any resemblance to christianity as we know it today is a different matter.

There is no question that we are taking the word of one man (Eusebius) for a vast majority of what we know about early christian history.

Of course, hadouken24 states that the gospels were written during the late first century. That is up for debate as well.