Goodbye Jesus

Why. Can't. People. Read. Anymore?!

Kurari

Ok, this isn't a rant about ExC, it's a general rant about people on the net in general.

In a fund raising effort, I recently auctioned off a 6 page comic stipulating that the person who won it could have one of their characters go an a date with one of my original comic characters. They could pick where the date happens, ask three questions of my character, then be portrayed getting a goodnight kiss from them. I also expressly stipulated that *I* would write the script. I made it really easy to see and comprehend. I even used numbered bullets.

The guy that wins e-mails me with this uber long almost fanfic script like it's an entirely storyline in PARTS, and then tells me I should make it into a continuing storyline instead of a single date.

What the hell?

This type of misinterpretation happens so often I wonder if I'm speaking an alien language and it only sounds like English to me.

*throws hands up in the air* You would think READING skills and comprehension would go UP in regards to how many people need to use the internet, but noooooo...

Well, I just read your post and I don't understand what you're saying. :shrug:

I don't understand what you don't understand. :scratch:

Everything between your "Ok" and "but noooooo...". :mellow:

lmao...this is funny.
If you could read, you wouldn't think so.

Everything between your "Ok" and "but noooooo...". :mellow:

Ok. I can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not here Fwee, but I'll explain it anyway.

I'm an independant comic artist and writer. I make a decent living at this.

As a fundraising event, I auctioned off a six page comic where the winner could have him/herself characterized and drawn into a comic depicting them on a date with his favorite character of mine. Yes, people will actually pay for this because they want their fifteen minutes of fame.

The rules were that it the comic was going to be a 6 pages long and a one time deal. The winner receiving the original artwork as well as thier comic being publicated.

The rules were I was going to write and draw the comic after they picked who they wanted to be portrayed with.

This was very clearly stated.

Somehow the winner of this auction thinks it's six PARTS not pages, and tried to send me an entire comic book's worth of written script on who and what should happen and is further indicating I should make it a continuing storyline.

My rant is I'm very, very, tired of people not bothering to read rules that are very clearly stated in plain English.

At least I'm hoping I'm writing in plain English. I could be writing in German for all I know.

Now I know what you're saying. Why, just the other day, I was eating a bratwurst sandwich and I choked on a piece of it right before my son got home from work. It was a cold day, too. At least I think it was. The air conditioner could have been set too high or something. But that was never a problem before the dog started untying everybody's shoes. Now that was a real pain. Especially since every time that I go to put the pickle jar back in the fridge it almost slips out of my hands. Does this shirt make me look fat? I never know how to approach people at first. I don't know if I'm too shy, or if I just don't like them. But yeah, some people can't read. Well, maybe they can, but they just don't comprehend what they're reading. You know how that goes, don't you?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Comics aren't funny but I like marmite anyway. The shoes fit so well it just makes sense. Like reading the back of a cactus eyelid. Just try to make heads or tails of that recipe, I dare you. It'll take every D cell battery you ever bought for your vibrating cat pillow.

I know exactly what you're saying. If it wasn't for that, I never would have got my carrots planted in time. We did get the rooms painted though. That's a good thing.

Whew, I'm glad you guys understand. The ducks are swimming in the pond, and it's just hard sometimes, you know? I just want to get my cat off the door hanger and put cucumbers on my toes. Nobody appreciates a squeegee.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chopstick. You guys are the best.

At least I'm hoping I'm writing in plain English. I could be writing in German for all I know.

Ich haben ein grosse schwanz. Ya, groosse! :twitch:

Ok. I can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not here Fwee, but I'll explain it anyway.

I'll make it easy on you with the Official Guide to Interpreting Fwee's Posts.

Look to the right of that fugly mouse-thing avatar. Is there any text anywhere at all in that space?

If so, it's all a steaming pile of utter bullshit.

I'll make it easy on you with the Official Guide to Interpreting Fwee's Posts™.

Look to the right of that fugly mouse-thing avatar. Is there any text anywhere at all in that space?

If so, it's all a steaming pile of utter bullshit.

God DAMN IT, Woody!!!! :twitch:

You're... You... You've gotten better!

I'm speechless! :eek:

I have absolutely nothing to say as a comeback to that.

I'm so proud of you. :wub:

You've learned well. :HappyCry:

Kurari, I've read your post twice and I think you are saying:

And Jesus said unto them, "And who do you say that I am?"

They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."

And Jesus replied, "What?"

Am I close?

They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."

Am I close?

Yes! That's it! Thank you for understanding. I was seriously worried there for a bit. For a while, there, I thought nobody was going to hear about the plight of the bananas. Save the banana! Eat a toad!

Tea leaves up your nose. Pants.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

<=== Philosophy major. Knows people who actually say things like that.

:drink::funny:

Am I close?

ROTFLOL!

:lmao:

God DAMN IT, Woody!!!! :twitch:

You're... You... You've gotten better!

I'm speechless! :eek:

I have absolutely nothing to say as a comeback to that.

I'm so proud of you. :wub:

You've learned well. :HappyCry:

;)

:grin: