Goodbye Jesus

My Picture

AtheistMommy

You know, I debate a lot. I love to argue. Some people might think I think of myself as "better" than others but I don't.

There is this guy on myspace that is so pissed off at me because I put this picture up as my avatar. The same one I'm using now here in Ex-C. It's titled Madonna and Child, I actually wrote an essay on it. I also saw it in a local art museum here in Virginia. I loved it because of how loving the mother is looking at her baby. I understand that feeling, I've breastfed two babies and a husband.

Anyway, this asshole has been writing me telling me that I'm spoild and using the picture to instill doubt into believers hearts. And no matter what I tell this fucker he continues on with his "You're an Atheist and therefore you're using this picture to do this" crap.

Here's his last email to me:

----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: <a href='http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=87451630'>Neatts</a>

Date: Aug 17, 2006 9:16 PM

How can you convince someone that the Bible is True but the person has diffrent ideas of religeon and myth characters

What you do is tell them the Bible is closer to History than any other History book. Matter fact, Historians and Archaeologist look to the bible fist than any other book to find specific ground areas

Or just tell them to just read the bible and tell them to take there lazy spoiled (I wanna do life my way) ass to church

why would you want to post a painting of something you dont agree or believe in???

(Ill go ahead and answer becuse I think im more of a real person than you)

The reason why you posted that painting was to draw attention to yourself. You have AtheistMommy then you have Mother Mary Breast Feeding Jesus Christ

Right?? No questioning I just answered

I just don't understand people like this. I blocked him. This was a few emails in and he's saying the same fucken thing over and over and over. Not giving any credit to anything I say back to him. So I didn't see any reason why I should continue talking to him.

Do you all find my picture offensive?

I don't find it offensive at all. I think this guy has a bug up his ass.

I don't find it offensive at all. I think this guy has a bug up his ass.

I was thinking he had some masive brain damage.

I don't find the picture offensive. But the baby in that picture looks weird as hell.

I don't find your picture offensive. I tend to steer clear of religious art myself (reminds me too much of the Catholic deathcult). That being said, I see no reason why you should have to remove it just b/c you don't subscribe to the Christian worldview. As for the dumbfuck on Myspace, well, his religion teaches him to treat non-believers like crap. He basically *has* to think that you're trying to attack his faith- otherwise his might be in danger of falling apart. Ignore the asshole, he's not worth the effort.

I understand that feeling, I've breastfed two babies and a husband.

You breastfed your husband? :grin: That must have been an interesting experience for him! :lmao:

I don't find the picture offensive. But the baby in that picture looks weird as hell.

My teacher ( a religious woman ) said the same thing. She said the baby looked like it had a big head. The baby also looks like it's about 2 or 3.

My teacher ( a religious woman ) said the same thing. She said the baby looked like it had a big head. The baby also looks like it's about 2 or 3.
It has a big head, a big eye, a receding hair line and it looks like the kid is staring at the camera instead of his mom or her booby.

I don't find your picture offensive. I tend to steer clear of religious art myself (reminds me too much of the Catholic deathcult). That being said, I see no reason why you should have to remove it just b/c you don't subscribe to the Christian worldview. As for the dumbfuck on Myspace, well, his religion teaches him to treat non-believers like crap. He basically *has* to think that you're trying to attack his faith- otherwise his might be in danger of falling apart. Ignore the asshole, he's not worth the effort.

I understand that feeling, I've breastfed two babies and a husband.

You breastfed your husband? :grin: That must have been an interesting experience for him! :lmao:

My husband looked forward to it thoughout my whole pregnancy. Than he liked the milk. He's a freak! You've met him I'm sure (Reverend Atheistar), he's on here alot.

Yeah, I thought he might be projecting when he said I was putting doubt into believer's hearts. I did, I blocked him, he can't write me anymore.

It has a big head, a big eye, a receding hair line and it looks like the kid is staring at the camera instead of his mom or her booby.

:lmao: That too. The baby looks a bit like a really small man, instead of a baby. You've got to wonder what the painter was thinking when he painted it.

You've got to wonder what the painter was thinking when he painted it.
He was probably thinking that some years down the road, and atheist would use it as an avatar in order to piss off christians. :HaHa:

Anyway, this asshole has been writing me telling me that I'm spoild and using the picture to instill doubt into believers hearts.

That would be a good thing wouldn't it?

Just ask your favorite fundy:

Got Milk?

That would be a good thing wouldn't it?

Just ask your favorite fundy:

Got Milk?

:lmao: I should have before I blocked him :lmao:

Nah, it's not offensive. If you can find some positive stuff in all the death cult trappings, more power to you. Besides, I'm a mama-- maybe you have to be a mother to understand-- mothering is something that way transcends any religion.

Glad you blocked the fundie. It is the very most annoying thing you can do to them... although I do like the "Got Milk" comment too!

He's attacking your choice of avatar because he has no way to approach you or refute your position. He's insane and a miserable sack of shit and this is the only recourse he has.

Dweeb.

Isn't that a Caravaggio? The painting style (chiaroscuro) looks like his.

He's attacking your choice of avatar because he has no way to approach you or refute your position. He's insane and a miserable sack of shit and this is the only recourse he has.

Dweeb.

Isn't that a Caravaggio? The painting style (chiaroscuro) looks like his.

I can't remember the link to the site where I got this info but here's what I had on my term paper:

Artist:Lenardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Title: Madonna and Child (Madonna Litta)

Where: Probably painted in Milan, where the artist moved in 1482

Never mind, I looked it up. Here's the link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_Litta

Either I'm really sleepy or that message made no sense whatsoever...

That is why I have no desire to go on myspace.

I think the problem lies in the fact that many Christians feel they have some form of "ownership" over such symbols or works of art. He is just having a shit fit because he thinks you symbolicly took HIS symbol and had stolen it. Just my take.

Yeah, I think you're right. He just kept saying the same shit over and over. :loser:

Your picture is OK, it is the fundie's grammar and spelling that is offensive. I wish all these fundie friutcakes would learn to spell. I might would take them a little more seriously. I keep a pocket dictionary at my computer at all time. :grin:

Your picture is OK, it is the fundie's grammar and spelling that is offensive. I wish all these fundie friutcakes would learn to spell. I might would take them a little more seriously.

No offense, but if I could spell worth a shit I probably wouldn't have pointed that out. :Wendywhatever:

Your fundy "friend" doesn't seem all that bright.

Either I'm really sleepy or that message made no sense whatsoever...

That is why I have no desire to go on myspace.

MySpace truly is the trailer park of the internet.

Lmao - tell me about it.

Your picture is OK, it is the fundie's grammar and spelling that is offensive. I wish all these fundie friutcakes would learn to spell. I might would take them a little more seriously.

No offense, but if I could spell worth a shit I probably wouldn't have pointed that out. :Wendywhatever:

But you do have to admit that sentence structure and spelling do matter when it comes to credibility. I've been on several different forums and there is always someone who harps on these issues. For some reason most Christians tend to have horrible sentence structure and spelling. Not trying to say mine is perfect because after-all to be human is to have flaws. In fact my spelling is pretty horrible, but there is this wonderful program that has been invented called "spell-check."

How easy is it to check your spelling? Especially since the computer does it for you. If you have word, you can check your grammar also.

Just saying. I don't usually point out horrible grammar when I debate Christians. However, I have somewhat of a hard time understanding them as a result of their lazy grammar.

Mommy, you can use any picture you want! All fuckin christian art, beautiful for works, are merely created to instill emotions, guilt and empathy to the almighty which is a figment of the imagination. again a feeble attempt to visualize a fuckin myth that sadly most of the world believes. Jesus fuckin christ! How can people be critical of you for what you choose to be associated with for whatever reason. Carry on!

You know, I debate a lot. I love to argue. Some people might think I think of myself as "better" than others but I don't.

There is this guy on myspace that is so pissed off at me because I put this picture up as my avatar. The same one I'm using now here in Ex-C. It's titled Madonna and Child, I actually wrote an essay on it. I also saw it in a local art museum here in Virginia. I loved it because of how loving the mother is looking at her baby. I understand that feeling, I've breastfed two babies and a husband.

Anyway, this asshole has been writing me telling me that I'm spoild and using the picture to instill doubt into believers hearts. And no matter what I tell this fucker he continues on with his "You're an Atheist and therefore you're using this picture to do this" crap.

Here's his last email to me:

----------------- Original Message -----------------

From: <a href='http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=87451630'>Neatts</a>

Date: Aug 17, 2006 9:16 PM

How can you convince someone that the Bible is True but the person has diffrent ideas of religeon and myth characters

What you do is tell them the Bible is closer to History than any other History book. Matter fact, Historians and Archaeologist look to the bible fist than any other book to find specific ground areas

Or just tell them to just read the bible and tell them to take there lazy spoiled (I wanna do life my way) ass to church

why would you want to post a painting of something you dont agree or believe in???

(Ill go ahead and answer becuse I think im more of a real person than you)

The reason why you posted that painting was to draw attention to yourself. You have AtheistMommy then you have Mother Mary Breast Feeding Jesus Christ

Right?? No questioning I just answered

I just don't understand people like this. I blocked him. This was a few emails in and he's saying the same fucken thing over and over and over. Not giving any credit to anything I say back to him. So I didn't see any reason why I should continue talking to him.

Do you all find my picture offensive?

Also, no slur toward you, I'd like to see a Madonna sucking on a cock that helped to create the child! LOL

Well, you could always replace your avatar with the devil, or Stalin, or Cthulu... :shrug:

Artist:Lenardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Title: Madonna and Child (Madonna Litta)

Where: Probably painted in Milan, where the artist moved in 1482

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_Litta

Jesus...... I have a minor in art history too... not like anyone would ever know... :scratch:

No. That pic is not offensive. It's beautiful.

As I understand it it's generally attributed to da Vinci, but may not actually be one of his for sure. Nonetheless it's certainly styled after his work and it's fuckin' gorgeous.

People fail to realize that the most primal relationship is that of mother and child. Xians often forget that they don't have a monopoly on using the archetype in their religious art, too. It was around long before the Xians ever got here, and will be around long after they're extinct.

In fact I think that the original communion wasn't a male god feeding his blood and flesh to anyone, I think it was a female mother goddess feeding her own child - first in utero, later with breast milk - *literally* with her own flesh and blood. Men can certainly support and nuture children in many ways, but only women are able to *feed* their children from their own bodies. I have to wonder if the process wasn't hijacked by a jealous patriarchal religious caste who were trying to sublimate All Things Female by claiming male gods did them. Absorb the feminine into the masculine and take over...

...but I'm sort of rambling here.

Anyway. Fundy nutjob harassing dude is just that: a fucking nutjob. Whatever he said to you is meaningless. You did well to block him. Don't take anything he says to heart; he's a shithead and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.