Goodbye Jesus

F U Mum! F U

Matt

Yes i acknowledge the life my parents have given me and the support. Sometimes I feel the need to 'corect' them and if I am right...usually my ma will get my dad on her side to gang up on me. So in saying that sometimes I forget these things and disrespect them, but the Christian ideology just gives me the biggest shits. After reading this website for some time, ive seen calm systematic responses from people. I will try to use that example in my own life when confronted with something. I know I shouldnt go off at her but when were talking about millions of people etenerally tortured. Forgive me if I didnt keep my cool.

Lizard appareciate your responses from a parents point of view. I dont know the extent of how one should be supservient to their parents, but I think it varies in different families from the different families I know.

Yes i acknowledge the life my parents have given me and the support. Sometimes I feel the need to 'corect' them and if I am right...usually my ma will get my dad on her side to gang up on me. So in saying that sometimes I forget these things and disrespect them, but the Christian ideology just gives me the biggest shits. After reading this website for some time, ive seen calm systematic responses from people. I will try to use that example in my own life when confronted with something. I know I shouldnt go off at her but when were talking about millions of people etenerally tortured. Forgive me if I didnt keep my cool.

Lizard appareciate your responses from a parents point of view. I dont know the extent of how one should be supservient to their parents, but I think it varies in different families from the different families I know.

Thanks Matt..I don't mean subservient. Just the respect. I will listen to anything, no matter how outrageous, as long as it isn't shouted at me. And, as long as I can give my viewpoint also.

I'm not generally a screamer. I prefer rational talk to arguing.

Greygirl alluded that I put my children out for disagreeing with my beliefs. That is so NOT the case. It had more to do with who was brought into my house and things that occured which led to disagreement and had nothing to do with philosophical beliefs at all.

I was not raised in a religious home, and I did not tell my children that millions would be tortured in hell for not believing, when I was a believer. I don't think I ever really believed that anyway.

Calm, cool and collected..you could be the one who opens your mum's eyes..

I have found that the more my husband rails against my daughter's current BF, the more she turns to him (the BF). I would like better for her. The guy's a bum, 31 and lives at home, doesn't work, etc. But, she is 21, has eyes and can see this for herself. I won't encourage her in this relationship..but neither will I denegrate her choice, because I know, from experience, it does no good and does more harm.

Same with your mum. The harder you push to show her wrong, the harder she may cling to that belief..

Some good stuff Lizard. I agree a screaming mach is not constructive nor benifitial to either parties. haha, the first time I read your response about your children and the supposed 'Kicking them out of the house', thing I did not know how to respond to it 0.o lol. But now I see what you meant. I agree their should be some discipline otherwise theirs chaos. I will endeaver to take yours and others advice.

In the states you get out of school at 18.

Unsuprizingly we also have one of the worst highschool education systems in the world.

Eh, here in Germany the top-level education ("Gymnasium") is commonly finished when you're 19. That's the highest graduation you can get outside of a university. And while we've been ranting about our own crumbling educational standards, I consistently have the impression that a failed student here, any failed student, could immediately start working as teacher (or even professor) in the US.

At least in the babble belt that is. :HaHa:

Hey... :P

Check this out:

So there!

:P

Here is the link to the remaining 400: Top 500 Universities

Once again... :P

Argue not with a fool for it oft becomes difficult to determine which one of you that is. Good that the two of you are being somewhat civilized about what is a passionate subject for most people.

Changing someone never happens with speech, but action. Live well and others will see it. (The more vulgar version is Action talks, bullshit walks).

Oh, and welcome and all that.

Hey Lizard, where you a fundy while you children were Children? How was it like?

By this I mean, I cant imagine being able to accept the things of the bible and being able to love my children wholly at the same time. For example when I was christian I loved my dad but a part of me because of Christian indoctrination taught me to dislike him because he had heard 'the word' and wouldnt beleive it and sinned with no remorse. In saying that were good mates now and he said he knew I would wake up from it because I would soon question it.

So I should extend the question to all former Christian parents? Comments. Ta