Goodbye Jesus

Any Surprises

garrisonjj

As I have readily grasped the idea of finally dumping all religion for the garbage it is, have any of you in your extian journey discovered that others share your views?

As I become more open with my agnostic or even atheist tendencies with others, I discovered that co workers and even my spouse shar my views. Comments?

I was in a blind-draw dart tournament a couple of years ago. I drew a large drunk country woman for a partner. We won anyway, and then when the wheel was spun for the Mystery Out Number, we won that as well. We cleared over two hundred each. Jokingly, I stated that with another twenty beers or so, my good fortune might have been enough to make me believe in God. A guy named Gary said, "Are you an atheist, too?" Then he borrowed twenty bucks, which he never paid back, and a couple of months later I heard he was in jail.

I occasionally run into an atheist among my students, but I don't attach much significance to it. They are young. You never know where they will end up in terms of religion.

I agree. Many, particularly younger atheists are merely rebels, and calling themselves atheists is part of their rebellion.

Garrison, I think what you're commenting on is a lack of direction most people feel when they discover this world is decidedly lacking in miracles--and has probably always been that way. Unfortunately, deism is not a religion of rebellion so it gets much less notice, even though it and atheism are the only two reasonable beliefs about the existence of God. I say unfortunately, because it's almost a tossup between the two, and we should all admit our agnosticism about whatever we believe since nobody knows what the Truth is.

Well, I was surprised to find out that both my dad and stepmom have realized that it's a fairy tale. They still cling to the label because they want to believe that heaven is real.

Well, I was surprised to find out that both my dad and stepmom have realized that it's a fairy tale. They still cling to the label because they want to believe that heaven is real.

And they don't want to run into Mable at the grocery store after they've "come out".

And they don't want to run into Mable at the grocery store after they've "come out".

That too, I'm sure.

Actually, the last time I was in church was a wedding June 10th. I played the part received communion without confession for appearance sake, a sacraliege, and couldn't care less.

This would have put me in a straight jacket before for comitting a willfull sin.My attitude now is FUCK CHURCH!

My life is so much better not living up to expectations I could never fulfill.

Fuckin Mable is probably more concerned about their souls than her own! As most christians are.

Fuckin Mable is probably more concerned about their souls than her own! As most christians are.
You probably have that backwards. Most christians (deep deep down) fear for their own "souls" more than they do others. That, is the the driving force behind judging and converting others.

You probably have that backwards. Most christians (deep deep down) fear for their own "souls" more than they do others. That, is the the driving force behind judging and converting others.

Yes, that is what I meant.Its all greed. Please don't save my fucking soul! lol