Goodbye Jesus

Why Jesus Has More Brides Than Dracula

Guest Glaswegian

Guest Glaswegian

Why are so many unmarried women drawn to the Christian religion? There are, of course, various reasons why these women are drawn to it. For example, the Christian religion provides unmarried women with a sense that their life has meaning and value of a spiritual kind; it provides them with a sense of social respectability as Christian believers; it provides them with a sense of belonging to a community (the Church)...and so on.

However, given the fact that there is a noted loss of enthusiasm for religious interests on the part of happily married women, we should suspect that a major reason why the Christian religion holds a strong appeal for unmarried women is because it satisfies certain needs of theirs which cannot be fulfilled within the context of marriage or a similar kind of relationship - specifically, the need to love a significant other and the need to be loved by this other in return.

So how does the Christian religion satisfy both of these needs? Well, it does this by providing unmarried women with the perfect object onto which their love needs can be projected and reciprocated: namely, Jesus. It is not too difficult to see why Jesus is such an alluring figure for many unmarried women. After all, think of all the women whose experience at the hands of men has been hurtful or damaging in some way. For example, think of the women who have been rejected or humiliated or disillusioned or oppressed or abused by men. I'm sure you'll agree that the number of women who have been given good cause for turning away from men is very large. This being so, is it any wonder that many of these women turn to Jesus as a substitute for real men? To this One in whom gentleness, compassion and love are epitomised....

But there is a further reason why Jesus serves as the perfect object for many unmarried women to re-direct their love needs onto. He is able to function so successfully in this role because he possesses an enormous advantage over men of the flesh and blood variety. And the advantage which Jesus possesses is this: since he is a fantasy-figure who only exists in the minds of Christians he is immune from all contact with reality. That is, unlike the empirical man, Jesus runs no risk of exposure to the vicissitudes of reality in any way. Since he is never tested by reality he runs no risk of failing in the face of it, of being 'brought down to earth' by it, of being unmasked by it, of being provoked by it, of being de-humanised by it...of being made brute-like by it.

This is why Jesus can be all things to the unmarried woman: for example, saviour, friend, confidante, lover of her 'soul'...her staff in this life, as she might put it. As a fantasy-figure, Jesus is forever safe from reality, forever beyond its reach, forever untouched by 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune'. Accordingly, he will never disappoint the unmarried woman who idolises him. How could he?

It is not only unmarried women who use Jesus as a vehicle for satisfying their love needs. No, it is not only the Eleanor Rigbys of this world who use him in this way. Many women who are unhappily married do so as well. And it is easy to see why. I mean, imagine a woman who has had the misfortune to marry a man who is a useless article, a man who has proven to be a complete disappointment in love and in lots of other ways, a man, say, who is violent or who wants nothing more from this life than to lie under his bedcovers and sniff his own farts. Imagine a woman trapped in such a marriage through fear of divorce or by physical threats. We should hardly be surprised if a woman in this position sought some kind of respite from her unhappiness in the love of a perfect, fantasised object like Jesus.

Regards

James

Good post. I remember that some christian women said they were going on a date with Jesus tonight. They got cheered for. I thought it was sad even when I was a christian.

I wonder if jesus can fulfill their sexual needs to?

I think that the point was the Dracula had three wives, but Jesus has about three billion.

However, as I Christian whenever someone said they were going on a date with Jesus I always thought to myself that it is because no one else would date her!

P.S. Has anyone else noticed how this smiley :vent: looks like someone speaking in tongues?

i also think that's why so many Christian men are so gay-man-o-phobic.

sub-religious anxieties about being in love with a Man!

yeah...

:lmao:

I'd be much happier with your conclusions if you didn't appear so 'sexist'......but more 'broad sweeping'...with your literary brush.....to include all kind of sinful activities....with JebessChrist as their saviour and hero...

Lets include the male.....the priest...the unmarried man........the hot Italian stud *slaps self...okay* The person who dreams of being crucified by hot wet cocks.....several of them in fact.!

lets not bugger around with nice..itities....such as his or her 'staff' in life....and call a cock - a cock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many women who are unhappily married do so as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto......lets include the male....the husband - the boyfriend - the forced marriage....the betrothed. The men...who give themselves over to jessus...for the sake of a smelly finger ....or a grand place with the other men in chruch.....so they can sit and act knowledgable on the finest points of doctrine

Well, it does this by providing unmarried women with the perfect object onto which their love needs can be projected and reciprocated: namely, Jesus

Well Glas...that bit has me well and truelly worried......Have you seen that with your very own eyes???.......Jesusss reciproating? Glory....glory ...or is that a vibrator called 'jesus'...

I'm sure you'll agree that the number of women who have been given good cause for turning away from men is very large. This being so, is it any wonder that many of these women turn to Jesus as a substitute for real men?

Not nice to cast aspersions on women like that...that all women want is a real man? ...but....lets add the male....the wimpy christian who must bow down to a man greater than he....the pastor - the minister....

&

are there any 'real' men of god....?...please stand up!

I'm sure a lot of chruch going christian men...beat the crap out of their wives and children.......so where is the 'poor girl'..to go....not to the santuary of the kurk ..as you infer......

I hope you're not doing that....are you?.....or I'll have to start straddling this keybroard...and beget meself ...a Scotssman!

a man, say who is violent or who wants nothing more from this life than to lie under his bedcovers and sniff his own farts

Please..lets imagine this man as a chruch goer......who secretly likes to put on women's undies & frocks......and dreams bout Jesuss while fucking his wife stupid every Sabbath!!...and his girlfriend on Wednesday lunchtime.

or the pastor....who can't stand it anymore....but is too gutless to find a real job.

P.s......I'd hardly think a dyke is visualising a man....maybe we can pull over his long flowing locks...and put a dress on jessus...(hang on...its there already)...

glory sistas!

A lot of single women get into Christianity and church and Christian activities because they think it's a good way to meet men.

I thought that way when I was still trying to believe. Never mind that single women outnumber single men in most churches by about 10 to 1.

Now, I look at most of the men who go to church, and I feel like I dodged a bullet.

"Why are so many unmarried women drawn to the Christian religion?"

I thought it was just because Jesus was hot. :cunn: