Goodbye Jesus

What Is God?

HuaiDan

Yes, it is the cost of being alive now. But before sin entered the world, everything was perfect. I have reason to believe it will be perfect again, one day.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• HuaiDan

• Ouroboros

• Lorena Rodriguez

So, you believe in God then?

Which one?

Yes, it is the cost of being alive now. But before sin entered the world, everything was perfect. I have reason to believe it will be perfect again, one day.

God has spoken

Good one :lmao: Tell me another one!

Now Scott, take your medication and go to bed OK?

The question "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin".

Not good enough.

"Sin" is subjective, and depends entirely on the beliefs of the person who hears the word. If I were in Iran, wearing a tank-top. The public exposure of my shoulders would not only be a sin, it would be as outrageously wanton to the people who live there, as someone stripping totally naked and dry-humping a parked volkswagon would be here.

So.....since you believe in the bible......we shall have to discuss this using that which you understand best. While not believing the bible is the "truth", I and most here can argue with it and around it quite effectively.

Ironically, I didn't know the bible half so well when I was a christian as I do now.

So anyway........according to that book, sin began in the garden. BUT even the book leaves out the actual creation of sin. The garden is merely the first example of sin. The first time sin was put into use. Now...first time sin was committed and the origin of sin are not the same thing.

Not different than evolution. Christians who disbelieve evolution, try and demand how evolution began everything....but this is a mistake. Evolution is about the change and development of life.....it is NOT the origin of life (please don't go off on a tangent and turn this into a discussion about evolution......I'm using it as an example)

So.....where did sin come from then? It had to exist before it was committed or it couldn't have been committed to begin with. Adam and Eve could not disobey without the inclination to sin in the first place.

I assume that according to the story in the book, seeing as Biblegod created everything, then he created sin too. And Hell.

So Biblegods created a place of eternal torment to send his creations to, if those creations embrace the sin he created. :twitch:

To to save his creations from this fate, god sent himself, to sacrifice himself in his own name, to save his creations from the consequences of the sin he created, and having to go to a place of eternal torment that he created for that purpose. :twitch::twitch:

And all his creations have to do, in order to be "saved" from this infernal place, is believe that god sent himself for this purpose, and try to avoid sin, despite the true impossibility of doing so, but so long as you acknowledge the sin Biblegod created, and say you are sorry for it(though how sorry remains to be seen as you will undoubtably sin again....so get used to feeling guilt), you won't have to go to the place he created to torment the people who engaged in the sin he created in the first place. :twitch::twitch::twitch:

:ugh:

The question "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin".

Not good enough.

"Sin" is subjective, and depends entirely on the beliefs of the person who hears the word. If I were in Iran, wearing a tank-top. The public exposure of my shoulders would not only be a sin, it would be as outrageously wanton to the people who live there, as someone stripping totally naked and dry-humping a parked volkswagon would be here.

So.....since you believe in the bible......we shall have to discuss this using that which you understand best. While not believing the bible is the "truth", I and most here can argue with it and around it quite effectively.

Ironically, I didn't know the bible half so well when I was a christian as I do now.

So anyway........according to that book, sin began in the garden. BUT even the book leaves out the actual creation of sin. The garden is merely the first example of sin. The first time sin was put into use. Now...first time sin was committed and the origin of sin are not the same thing.

Not different than evolution. Christians who disbelieve evolution, try and demand how evolution began everything....but this is a mistake. Evolution is about the change and development of life.....it is NOT the origin of life (please don't go off on a tangent and turn this into a discussion about evolution......I'm using it as an example)

So.....where did sin come from then? It had to exist before it was committed or it couldn't have been committed to begin with. Adam and Eve could not disobey without the inclination to sin in the first place.

I assume that according to the story in the book, seeing as Biblegod created everything, then he created sin too. And Hell.

So Biblegods created a place of eternal torment to send his creations to, if those creations embrace the sin he created. :twitch:

To to save his creations from this fate, god sent himself, to sacrifice himself in his own name, to save his creations from the consequences of the sin he created, and having to go to a place of eternal torment that he created for that purpose. :twitch::twitch:

And all his creations have to do, in order to be "saved" from this infernal place, is believe that god sent himself for this purpose, and try to avoid sin, despite the true impossibility of doing so, but so long as you acknowledge the sin Biblegod created, and say you are sorry for it(though how sorry remains to be seen as you will undoubtably sin again....so get used to feeling guilt), you won't have to go to the place he created to torment the people who engaged in the sin he created in the first place. :twitch::twitch::twitch:

:ugh:

Yes, sin is the choice to disobey God. They didn't really have the inclinations to sin, the devil's just a good deceiver. I mean he deceived 1/3 of the holy angels of Heaven.

God did create sin in that He created the choice for us to go against Him; free will. He also created Hell, but not for us; for the angels who betrayed Him.

God is Three rolled into One, in a matter of speaking. God the Son came here to do the will of God the Father, which was to pay the price of sin for the world, thus making a way for us to escape Hell and bringing glory to God the Father. Then Jesus gave His followers God the Holy Spirit to guide us and empower us.

You're right. We will sin again. Now, Satan has a counterfiet for everything God does, including this. God has conviction, Satan has guilt. When we sin, we are convicted by the Holy Spirit to repent, ask forgiveness, and turn away from this sin. If, after this, you're beating yourself up for what you did that you already received forgiveness for, that is Satan's guilt.

I believe that most here have already rejected these ideas you are preaching, so I can't imagine why you are rehashing them. Everyone here already knows these stories, possibly better than you, and disbelieves them. So what's your deal?

I really hate to see a mind go to waste. It's tragic. The human brain is so incredible, yet there are those who prefer to have no more content within it than that of a parrot.

I mean he deceived 1/3 of the holy angels of Heaven.

You believe some really stupid things. You sure it was one third? Did they use and angel-o-dometer to measure that? Sure it wasn't 37%? People lie about war casualty statistics all the time for one reason or another. Maybe it's only 12 % of the angels but god can't defeat them because their chariots are made of iron. Maybe the devil really defeatd god and took all his angels, but says it was only one third so he doesn't look like an incompetent ass.

Your bible god can suck my farts. If there is something that can be defined as god, it would certainly be beyond the comprehension of bronze age goat herders and the fairy tales they told to make their children behave.

I started a thread to discuss looking at god with a new perspective, and people were having productive discussions and giving there own ideas related to the matter at hand, and you, scott-mother-fucking-asshole scott, you come in here and hijack my thread to spread your evangelizing mythology. I started the thread, and I would rather you were not here to pollute it. Your pendantic words fill me with anger. I would rather this thread DIE than have your input and people rehashing the same old bullshit christians, jews and muslims have been rehashing for thousands of years.

Fuck you scott. Fuck your church. Fuck your religion. I hope you get ass-raped by a satanic leper who used to be the minister who baptized you.

Yaaaaaaaah! Ha ha he he ha! Don't hold back HuaiDan! Tell us what you really think and feel.

Fuck it's like a junky coming into a rehab session and start passing out needles. Sick asshole.

You are a sad, messed up, little person aren't you? Do you think your random outbursts offend me? :lmao: You're pathetic!

Do you hear that HuaiDan? Scott the love-your-neighbor-as-yourself Christian says that you're pathetic! Wow what a guy!

Get back to topic.

"Sin" (whatever that is) has nothing to do with God's attributes. Unless Scott is claiming that the explanation to the problems in the world is that God is full of "sin"?

That sounds like a reasonable explanation! The reason why the world is screwed up is because God is evil!

And how christ like of you to call me pathetic. Dear Scott, you thought an evil thought. that offends god. now be a good little boy and go to confession. And don't come back.

You want to know pathetic? An evangelical hanging around an ex-christian support group. Now that is pathetic on so many levels. I'm telling you this thread is not the place for you to do your evangelizing. It was not the purpose I had in mind when I started it. I don't want to debate christians here. If you want to debate non-christians, go to the appropriate place (lion's den, arena, colosseum), not here. See TOS.

He is pathetic, Legion. Anyone you feels the need to continuely cuss and bash someone for their beliefs is pathetic. And come on! Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I'm supposed to let people walk all over me, nor will I do it.

HanSolo, saying that God is full of sin makes no sense because to sin, means to go against God. God cannot go against Himself.

HanSolo, saying that God is full of sin makes no sense because to sin, means to go against God. God cannot go against Himself.

So how's the creator and in control according to your belief?

I'm not bashing you because you're a christian, I'm bashing you because you're an asshole who won't take my suggestion and get the fuck out.

And how christ like of you to call me pathetic. Dear Scott, you thought an evil thought. that offends god. now be a good little boy and go to confession. And don't come back.

You want to know pathetic? An evangelical hanging around an ex-christian support group. Now that is pathetic on so many levels. I'm telling you this thread is not the place for you to do your evangelizing. It was not the purpose I had in mind when I started it. I don't want to debate christians here. If you want to debate non-christians, go to the appropriate place (lion's den, arena, colosseum), not here. See TOS.

Calling you pathetic is not an "evil" thought. It's the truth. Why do you speak of being "Christ-like" when you don't have to first idea of what it means? And why did you start this thread? To say "God doesn't exist" and all the others will just say "Yep, right, of course not. How ignorant and stupid of people to think God is real!"?

Sorry, Scott, but being a Xian DOES mean you should let people walk all over you. Jesus said so.

And how do you know what your god can and cannot do? You are not a god, nor are you equal to your god, to know what it can or cannot do.

So how's the creator and in control according to your belief?

How's the Creator in control? He's all powerful. He allows things to happen or not to happen based on what He thinks is best. Nothing happens without Him allowing it and being in full control.

Scott, did you seriously read the title on the topic?

The topic is "What is God, and God's attributes", and your comment was, "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin", so in the context of what this thread is asking (God's nature and attributes) and you propose that "sin" is one of them, then YOU are the one suggesting that God is full of sin to explain pain and suffering.

Your idea, not mine.

Sorry, Scott, but being a Xian DOES mean you should let people walk all over you. Jesus said so.

And how do you know what your god can and cannot do? You are not a god, nor are you equal to your god, to know what it can or cannot do.

I know that He can do ANYTHING He sees fit. And no, I don't have to let people walk all over me.

Scott, did you seriously read the title on the topic?

The topic is "What is God, and God's attributes", and your comment was, "Why is there so much pain and suffering" and the answer I gave "Sin", so in the context of what this thread is asking (God's nature and attributes) and you propose that "sin" is one of them, then YOU are the one suggesting that God is full of sin to explain pain and suffering.

Your idea, not mine.

Don't explain to me my idea. I think I know what I think better than you. WE are full of SIN and God is HOLY. The reason for the suffering is because of US!

God is not the creator.

God is not a being.

God is only the highest ideal.

does not equal

"god is not real".

The purpose of this thread was an attempt at an intelligent discussion on the nature of god, not a pendantic evangelizing session. You think you will convert us with the same old shit we've heard a million times? How do you know I don't know what christ like is? He allegedly healed lepers, told us to gouge out our eyes if they offend us, smashed the money changers at the temple, and cursed a fig tree. Let us not forget he rode two donkeys into jerusalem.

Sounds like a psycho to me.

Han, this thread has gotten way off track of its original purpose. I'm calling it a miscarraige. Feel free to lock it any time you choose.

God has spoken

Good one :lmao: Tell me another one!

Now Scott, take your medication and go to bed OK?

JJJJJEEEEEEEEEzus fucking christ! If god exists,(I doubt it) he created evil and allowed it to prosper! Thats if you believe he's all knowing and powerful!

I know that He can do ANYTHING He sees fit. And no, I don't have to let people walk all over me.

And he has a really big penis, I'll bet. And he can beat up my god, right?

Don't explain to me my idea. I think I know what I think better than you. WE are full of SIN and God is HOLY. The reason for the suffering is because of US!

You don't sound like a Xian to me, all of a sudden. You sound more like a guy who needs to take his Lithium.