Goodbye Jesus

Author Of Leaving The Fold, Marlene Winell, To Hold Weekend Retreat

Guest Naminori42

Guest Naminori42

CONNECTIONS:

A weekend intensive for moving beyond religious indoctrination and reclaiming a life of joy, creativity, and connection. Led by Marlene Winell, Ph.D.

This workshop is for "recovering fundamentalists" or anyone who has left an authoritarian belief system and would like to accelerate their personal growth. I believe these belief systems foster separation from the self, from others, and from the world. After leaving, a major task is to heal and strengthen these connections. Recovery requires developing a healthy relationship with yourself, which includes respect for your own worth, trust in your own intuitive wisdom, and expression of your own creativity. New frameworks and new skills are also needed for deep connections with others, as well as engaging with the world in the here and now. "Spirituality" needs to be reexamined.

The weekend is a powerful group experience of sharing deeply, exploring liberating concepts, and supporting each other in trying new things. In addition to discussion, we will use experiential methods including art, guided visualization, movement, and role-play. There will also be time for shared meals, relaxation, and fun. Because we

are staying together, we will have the chance to get acquainted and begin a lasting support system beyond the weekend. As a special bonus, we will have massage treatments available.

WHEN: FRIDAY, Oct 13, 7PM - SUNDAY, Oct 15, 3PM.

WHERE: Elmwood part of Berkeley, CA

COST: $320 for the workshop, $120 for housing and meals. Total: $440. A deposit of $100 will secure a space. Early registration discount: $20 (Full payment by Sept. 20).

To register or request information, send an email to mwinell@gmail.com with your contact information and a bit about why you want to attend. You will receive more details and a registration form. You can also call 510-292-0509. Register soon to save a place. Group size is limited by design.

About Dr. Winell: Marlene Winell is a psychologist and Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies. She grew up in a fundamentalist missionary family, spent some years as a "born-again" Christian, and then went through her own recovery and growth process. She has worked in human services for 30 years and specializes in helping clients who are recovering from religious indoctrination. She is the author of Leaving the Fold: A Guide for Former Fundamentalists and Others Leaving Their Religion. Her private practice in Berkeley, CA. includes counseling individuals, couples, and groups. She also

consults by telephone.

http://www.marlenewinell.net

Telephone: 510-292-0509

Dunno if I'm gonna consider this spam or not.

On one hand it offers what at first blush is a *good service*.

But then it's a paid for course in which someone is gonna use ExC to profit off of.

Ms42, if you care to buy up a sub to ExC and help pay for this blatant advertising I'll let this ad stay until I decide it is no longer useful.

If not, I'll shitcan it as ill-use of Dave's services and bandwidth.

2011PDT 24Aug06

kFL