Goodbye Jesus

The Bird Mafia

chefranden

Do wild birds communicate with old farts?

I have a bird feeder in the tree in front of the house so that I can look at birds out my nice new bay window. I don't get many kinds of birds, mostly sparrows and black birds. The sparrows come in the morning and the black birds in the afternoon.

So OK, this morning I stumble out to sit in my chair and I noticed that the sparrows are lined up on branches staring in the window. I think, I wonder if the feeder is empty. But, hey, it is coffee, TV, wakeup time, so I sit with my coffee trying to feel like a normal human. Pretty soon a couple of sparrows try hovering in front of the window. They aren't very good at it and bump the window and fall out of the sky. So they give that up. After a couple of hours of old fart napping and coffee drinking I head to the computer that is on the other end of the house. I get all comfy like and notice a commotion at the window. There's a sparrow hanging on my window screen beating the window with it's wings. I'm like :twitch: . I sez, "get the hell off my window", so it does. A minute later it's back. Damn, no rest for the weary. I go out and sure enough the feeder is empty!

Sigh, you try to do something nice, and all of a sudden you are a cook for birds! It's a good thing they aren't big enough to break my legs!

They're probably pissed that The Chef™ only gives them seeds. :HaHa:

Heh. They do that. My mom was feeding peanuts to a pair of scrub jays at her old house, and if she wasn't there with breakfast every day, they'd sit outside and scream until she fed them. Birds are creatures of habit. Once they get used to a source of food, they don't like for it to go away.