Goodbye Jesus

Do You Read The Thread Before Jumping In? If You Read, How Far?

snookums

Me....I do a bit of everything...sometimes I don't read any of it...i do what I like...in the time I have....

Does it shit you off that people don't read or follow the same style of posting as you do ?

to me...its about having a few laughs or at least I try

(editing is my 'passion' - the reason I walk this earth)

... :HaHa:

Repeating what has been said before (at least unknowingly) is a waste of time. I try to read through the thread before I post.

As for others I don't really care.

Repeating what has been said before (at least unknowingly) is a waste of time. I try to read through the thread before I post.

I will only start posting on a topic(generaly) if there are three or less pages.

Then I read through each page to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I think it depends on the subject at hand.

If it's a humorous thread, maybe I won't read everything.

If it's a debate-oriented thread, then definitely. You have to know what people are saying if you're going to respond to it.

Usually the longer threads take on a life of their own and the most recent posts don't have much to do with the original post. In that case, I'll read a couple pages back before I post.

I think we all have something to contribute to the forums. Even if someone doesn't respond to my post or has something different to say right after mine, I know mine is read and taken into account, even if it's not responded to.

Depends on how long and how interesting the thread is.

Depends on the topic. Sometimes..if its moved way beyond the OP, I will jump in where it is, rather than going back to the OP..

As a rule I always read the original thread topic, whether or not is goes off on a tangent.

i do whatever works for me at the time. when, i was always here, i would read and then post. now i jump in where i fit in, and don't give a damn. i am a senior member, i was here when the first board was on the internet, and webmaster was here everyday.

It really depends on the thread and how much time I have to formulate an appropriate response. But most of the time, I read the whole thread before I post.

Depends...if it's no more than 3 pages long then I tend to read all the thread before posting in it. If it's more than that then I'll read some...usually just the first page and the last.

Usually reading and scrolling through pages and pages drives my right hand and my eyes batshit. I usually skim just to get the gist of the conversation. We've got some monster posters on this board, whose posts are extremely time consuming to grasp in their entirety. When I see personal attacks, sometimes it turns me off from further reading, but if the topic is interesting enough, it can actually be an incentive to read further.

I have no patience for cognitive dissonance/circular logic. At first sniff I scroll down to the next post.

And Chef's damn 50,000 word articles he posts, while both enlightening and interesting, make me look like this:

:eek:

Agreed. Also,