Goodbye Jesus

Apparently I Was Molested...

fallenleaf

My mother's newest theory as to why I am unsaved... I was molested by someone in the church. The fact that it never happened won't hinder her newest assertion though. Apparently I blocked it out because it was so horrible. Now, this begs the question, "If I blocked it out because it was so bad... how did the event cause me to reject Christ because of the horrible thing done to me?" If I don't remember it being done... I can hardly make decisions based on it. :shrug:

I've always joked that I was never molested, even when I was an altar boy (way back in the day), because I must have been the ugly altar boy. It would almost be nice if I had been molested... it would give her something to get a handle on my unbelief. The fact that Christianity was wrong... she just can't accept that.

So... in short: I was never molested. My mother believes I was molested because I am unsaved but that I deny it because I'm ashamed or that I have blocked it out.

You know what's molestation? Being dragged to a camp to be reindoctrinated after revealing your doubt! But she won't consider that as part of the reason I won't even entertain her religious rants anymore. No, it was someone else who touched my genitals that caused it... even if that never actually happened.

Honestly... I want to laugh at the absurdity and scream from frustration at the same time.

Your mother is a riot there, Eric, I'll give you that. I have no doubt my mother her own "theories" about my disbelief, however, claiming to have been previously molested by a fellow church member is not one of them. There's always a first though.

As far as I can see, your only other option is to fabricate a story involving a Royal Ranger commander. If it's good enough for the Boy Scouts, it's good enough for Royal Rangers. :scratch:

:twitch:

Wow. That's just.... fucked up.

She must be pretty damn far into denial if she'd rather think you were molested than that you can think for yourself.

Shit. That sucks.

My parents have also come up with some pretty nutty ideas as do why I left...to be sure they would never voice them outloud to me, but they let something slip every now and then that lets me get a glimpse of what they think.

I'm not exactly sure what they think, but I know it has something to do with me being a selfish, self involved jerk, who doesn't care about anyone but himself......and I didn't like the fact that christianity tried to make me less selfish. RIIIIIGHT

That is just...wrong.

My own son was molested..by a bus driver. Didn't find out until many years later, when he was an adult. What a horrible thought..to want to believe that about your child!

I feel terrible that I didn't know about my son..and I'm sure the other 250 children's parents who found out later feel terrible too. The 250 is the monster's estimate. Y'all might have heard of him, he wanted to be castrated..Larry Don McQuay?

My friend's children got him convicted..the son was a friend of my son, but somehow, I didn't make the connection until later, when I asked my son if he remembered riding the bus to ** Elementary and he answered "You mean with the pervert bus driver?" I was crushed..

All that to say..your mom is ill to want to believe that over you just don't believe.. :(

This is not the worst or weirdest thing my mother has ever said (trust me) but it is up there. I think it almost downplays the suffering real abuse would cause... to try and foist it on me as an excuse for not buying the bullshit anymore.

Now, I was in an abusive church for many years... but it was more emotional and such. Aside from the pastor holding a hunting knife to my gut and asking how my walk was... there wasn't any physical abuse in any way. And I have told my mother how I feel about that place and some of the reasons for it... but molestation doesn't factor into it.

Okay, I hate to bring it up but... if she thinks you were molested by this church and she still supports it?! What the hell? I mean, if I had a kid molested by church I'd be sueing the church and trying to find out who did it so they could be brought behind bars.

And Lizard... what happened to the guy? Is he one of those guys who is running around on the streets still?

Well gawd stone the crows!

I've always joked that I was never molested, even when I was an altar boy (way back in the day), because I must have been the ugly altar boy.

I was never an altar boy except once when I was erm "volunteered" for the job. I was and still am, as ugly as a robber's dog, but that didn't stop me being molested at thirteen. Believe me, you were lucky that didn't happen you.

If you had been, your mother would know something had happened, if she'd a smidgin of common sense. She seems completely unable to accept that you don't believe, so she has to come out with that? :ugh:

Mind you, speaking of this incident:

Aside from the pastor holding a hunting knife to my gut and asking how my walk was... there wasn't any physical abuse in any way.

In American legalese, that is known as ADW (Assault with a deadly weapon), isn't it? I just had a thought (I'm just joking, OK?) Why not tell your mother that this incident has made you "see the light" and you are thus going to join the Freemasons as an Entered Apprentice? Being a Mason at least means you are quite likely to succeed in business due to your "connections", whereas christianity makes no such promises, so Masonry is the more practical choice, isn't it? :wicked:

(Part of the Entered Apprentice ritual involves having the point of a poniard or dagger held to your chest whilst being asked a series of questions in 18th Century style doggerel, you see). Just an idle thought, hope you don't mind my intruding.

Casey

My mother's newest theory as to why I am unsaved... I was molested by someone in the church. The fact that it never happened won't hinder her newest assertion though.

Aaah, yes. Anything will do as a reason, if only it's not "belief in jebus is just plain idiotic"... :banghead:

That's fucked up man, really fucked up. Sometimes you just have to ignore the folks, this is one of those times. I'm sorry that you have to go through this, I wish that people could see that we have valid reasons for not being xians.

Wow, your mum is nuts!

:HaHa:

Seriously, your mum needs help.

Aside from the pastor holding a hunting knife to my gut and asking how my walk was...

Oh, well that's....wait a minute! That's fucked up! :twitch:

Why in the hell was the pastor pointing a knife at you? Holy shit...

Your own mother would rather that you were molested, than that you came to deconvert through your own intellect?

WTF?

No offense, but I wonder whether or not your mom should be committed?

She'll actually allow that kind of rationale to console her in your deconversion?

Jesus(no pun intended).

I don't know that she finds the idea consoling or desirable... but it's one of the ways she's trying to use to make sense of how her very on-fire for God son has no care at all for such things anymore. She needs a reason for my apostacy (and the ones I have shared aren't good enough or she won't listen to them)... this is just her most recent attempt at finding one.

Who molested you? When did it take place, at what age? Where did the molestation occur? If she knew about it, why didn't she do anything?

I say you ask her these questions forcefully, and force answers out of her. Unless you really were molested, she will likely stutter through unsatisfactory answers that if she is any type of intellect will find wortheless deep down. It's okay if she wants to blame your walking away from christ on something other than that christ is false (and by okay, I mean it's not), but were I you, I would insist that she cease that particularly disturbing delusion.

Wow, she's nuts. Seems she's so insecure she has to attempt to invalidate your choice to herself.

Perhaps turnabout is fair play...

Personally, I don't think the mother is sick as much as the religion is.

Christianity has extreamly negative things to say both about unbelievers as well as what will happen to them in the hereafter. It has to be a hard thing for any parent to take. That's why they have to keep coming up with different reasons why someone they love would turn away from the faith:

1. Angry at God.

2. Had some terrible experience in a chruch.

3. Just didn't truly understand.

etc.

I can only assume your mother can't come up with any reason why you're angry at God and perhaps realizes that you understand all too well.