Goodbye Jesus

Wow, My Friend Is An Idiot

Guest Dan

Okay, so not too long ago I deconverted from Christianity. I've been lurking on these forums for awhile but only now am I agitated enough to post something.

So my dad is a pastor, and my mom like leads youth ministires and such at the church. Anyways, my friends and I have a forum for personal use or whatnot at our website. So I figured I would announce that I had deconverted to my friends through the forum. I trust all of them, and I said how I wasn't ready to really tell my parents about it yet, and that I would probably sometime after I move out (which is now in one month, for college).

Anyways, today I get a call from a friend telling me that my other friend (we'll call him Sage, because that's his name) had emailed my parents about it. Of course, Sage is quite the hillarious (read: lame) joker and makes up crap like that all the time. Just to be safe though, I check my dad's outlook inbox at church, I see nothing so I'm thinking I'm good, but then I check the deleted messages... and there it is. Sage sent an email linking my dad to our forum, specifically to the post where I denounced my faith, he also linked to a post where I talked about smoking the reefer occasionally... So that made me even more irritated.

I think I may be rather screwed. I don't actually know if my parents saw it, the email was opened, but you may have to be registered to view the forum posts. It's set that way after this incident anyways, though I don't know if that's how it was at the time my dad read the email. I cussed out Sage and asked why the fuck he ratted me out and he said it was for my better good. So yeah, I'm rather pissed at the moment. Thanks for listening.

kthnxbye

wow that is so fucked up, your "friend" sage isn't much of a friend, I wouldn't trust him, after all it wasn't his place to tell your parents and frankly it wasn't any of his business.

Rough deal! There's a little saying around here...

*If you don't want it to get found out...don't post it on the internet!*

I've had similar problems with posting things that got out (particularly on MySpace...I wrote something about my father that got back to him.) So I know how you feel...if your father hasn't confronted you yet, I would consider that a good sign. I would think that most pastors would freak out immediately if they found out their children were unbelievers...but be prepared for the worst either way.

ETA: Your friend Sage is a moron who needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, even if he disagrees with your religious beliefs. Friends don't do that to their friends.

What a bummer....!

I guess its tougher on you if you still live with your folks...

Another bummer.....a control freak for a friend. What an arseholly thing to do...!

Hope you sort it out.

Does Sage think he'll get divine brownie points for telling on you or something? What an asshole! :ugh:

If your parents did find out, maybe this is the best time to confront them about your deconversion. After all, you are moving out in a month and after that, there's really nothing they can do but rant and rave about it.

In the mean time, if there's something you don't want others to know about you of that magnitude, please...please don't post it on your personal page. Not only can your parents find out, but whenever you apply for a job at one of these companies, many are checking personal websites to see what goods they're buying into before they hire you. And if you have questionable content, that could cost you big time.

Yeah, it was posted on private forums that you couldn't really find by justsearching for my name so I figured it was safe. I mean, my parents didn't know about the site, and no employer could really find it. But then that asshole of a "friend" (now basically ex-friend) pulled this stupid "I wil sav ur sole 4 da lawd jebus" shit on me.

I don't think they know about it, but my mom did start sort of crying today when we went out to eat and I don't know why. Maybe they do know... ugh... I wish I could have told them when I was ready but I guess this may force my hand. Thanks again for listening to my rant.

Time to look for better friends, Dan.

Personally, I could never trust a Christian with ANY secrets. It is a characteristic of the cult to try to keep people IN. So any backstabbing will always be dismissed in the name of the greater good.

Going away to college will give you plenty of opportunities to meet other kinds of people. So just hang in there for now. And delete those entries from the website.

Going away to college will give you plenty of opportunities to meet other kinds of people. So just hang in there for now. And delete those entries from the website.

I've already deleted the entries. And thanks for the well wishes, I'm definatley glad that I'll be able to start a new page in my life come college, I'm gonna try to avoid hanging out with crazy fundamentalist types this time.

:ugh:

Man, that's rough. I would have to say that that kind of action and betrayal of trust would be worth at least a serious stomping, handle as you will.

Hopefully they didn't find out from that stunt so you can tell them on your own time. If your hand got forced, I'd suggest trying not to get angry in whatever happens next. As hard as it may be, try to be calm about it.