Goodbye Jesus

Those Damn Church Signs

Guest SerenityNow

I would probably fill an entire forum with what the evil Xtian hydra has done to me and my family in my life., Madame. I am enraged and somewhat betrayed that many of the Ex-xtians in this website actually have Xtian friends. I will be very clear and blunt: under my roof, Xtians have the same rights as livestock, and I see the vast majority of them as four legged beasts. I barely tolerate them, and I certainly will not accept them as human beings. I will spit on and drag around, stand on, urinate on, etc., their Bible like the filthy comic book it is. And why shouldn't I? Xtians eat Xtian feces and drink each others blood!

Geez, bigoted much?

I realize you have been through a lot, but this is no better than what the fundies do! Listen to yourself. It's like what the Nazis used to say about Jews and other minority groups!!! By hating them in that manner, you are lowering yourself to what they are. I realize you will probably get mad at me for saying this, but it is the case.

Last time I checked, ExChristians was not a hate site. I would really, really be disappointed if it turned into one.

You want to know why some of us are still friends with Christians?

My entire family is Christian. No, we do not always get along, but I am NOT about to turn my back on them just because I have changed beliefs.

My friends, who I made when I was still a liberal Christian, have accepted me for who I am, and they also accept other people for who they are.

I realize this is impossible for some people to understand, but NOT ALL CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL. Lumping them all into that category is like saying all African American people are evil, or all Jewish people are evil, or whatever. It's not right. Most Christians are just brainwashed. They need to get help to leave their cult. Unless they get this help, they're never going to leave it. Christianity does not immediately come into most people's minds as a harmful cult, so they don't seek that help, and that's why most Christians are lifers.

I realize this is also probably an unpopular view here, but I will stand up for what I believe in. I believe that hating entire groups of people is wrong, and I will speak up regardless of what it costs me. Because if you remain silent in the face of hate, regardless of who it is being hated, you open the door to other things, like violence.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• Nihil

• Amethyst

• spamandham

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've personally never met any christians who have eaten feces and drank each others blood or eaten babies. 

Oh come on. Everyone knows that its atheists who eat babies, not Christians. Christians just like to engage in ceremonial canibalism.

I will be very clear and blunt: under my roof, Xtians have the same rights as livestock...

Vanesa, of course I don't know what you went through, but did someone actually try to kill you in the name of Christianity? What region of the world did you live in at the time?

I can understand your anger, but do you recognize that not all members of a group share responsibility for the actions of a few unless they knew about those actions and supported them? This is the same mentality that leads to war, wherein an entire population is judged guilty for the actions of self appointed representatives.

Sadly, even if one claims to be a Xtian, even a liberal one, they still retain much of the dangerous beliefs that Xtianity is. Putting a pig in a dress does not make it a human, it's a pig in a dress and that is what 99% of liberal Xtians are. THe 1% that really are righteous in any way are probably not Xtians. FYI, I was baptised a Lutheran but never was confirmed by that company. I broke away in defiance over 9 years ago but I never really was a Xtian because what went in one ear came out the other, nothing but hot air, that is part of why I won't hold back my feelings towards them like most people will. I am not the one who needs help, the Xtians need help, and there is nothing inherently wrong with me hating Xtians. They are sludge. Hatred is a very misunderstood emotion and people assume hate is evil. Not necessarily.

I won't hold back my personal feelings if some Xtian comes up to me and preaches their religion. I will tell them to their face that I hate them and they smell. If your friends are truely nice and friendly then they probably are not Xtians or they may be up to no good. I have not met an honest or caring Xtian (superficially they may be kind or cuddly but in reality they aren't) and I am not surprised that hucksters like Falwell or Graham or Dobson or the rest of the circus bears have a nasty criminal record or the like.

vanesa, Your posts are heart-wrenching to read. Many of us have been thru cults, have seen our family's ruined, had things done to us et al. Many of us have been thru the deep seeded hate , disgust and anger for the 'faith' however felt torn as we didn't want to lose our family and loved ones.

I don't know how else to say it so I'll just say. Your hate is eating you alive. You are missing out on peace mind because you are so full of rage. Honestly I think you need to confront (either in a letter or phone or something) the person(s) responsible for the trauma (?) you've suffered. You are blaming an entire creed of people because of something personal that happened to you. You're running your thoughts and responses by emotion and not reason.

No matter how misguided people are, I believe as a whole the people have good hearts and good intentions individually. Some of these people are so controlled by fear they don't dare look outside of their box. You are hating people because they are in a sense afraid to look outside of something.

Lemme tell you something, I called my mother this morning, just to see how she was. She was surprised to hear me on the phone because she was just then reading an article in her Christian magazine about atheists, and somehow God prompted me to call her at that very moment. She was convinced it was some sort of sign. (LOL)

while laughing I said, I hated to burst her bubble, however I wasn't a declared atheist, I was more of an agnostic. They mean the same to her so I confused her. I said so mom, perhaps if you were reading an article about agnostics you might have some ground to stand on about it being divine and all of that when I called, then I moved on to ask how she was... She dropped it, and god n religion wasn't brought up again for the rest of the conversation.

Now, Reason I share this is because my mother is a Born again spirit filled Christian. I love her, and want to help her break thru her fear somehow some way, that's not going to get done by being pissed off and fighting with her.

My mother feels guilt and responsibility for me "falling" or backsliding, I know that, Much as I tell her I'm responsible for my own beliefs it doesn't matter.

You seem to have an extreme amount of anger, boarding on dangerous (from the posts I've read from you) , not only to yourself but to Christians around you. I honestly think you need to step back and evaluate where your anger came from and directed it at the bottom line and not to those not involved. Good luck.

No matter how misguided people are, I believe as a whole the people have good hearts and good intentions individually.

I would agree, for the most part. I don't think that Osama bin Laden has a good heart. He may have at one time, but not any more. I think it is horrible what some of these people do out of fear (like hurting others), and those that do should definitely be punished for their actions. I hope the people who hurt you were convicted of whatever crimes they committed, because they are scum of the earth. But I firmly believe that those that are innocent should be treated as such, because how can there be justice in the world if they are not?

Vanesa, I apologize if anything I said hurt you, but I still think you need professional counseling of some kind. It's not weak to seek help when one needs it.

I seriously considered getting therapy after my former housemate committed suicide by starting a fire the other year. I was asleep at the time, and was darn lucky to escape. The reason I didn't was that I didn't have the money, so I journalled instead. Journaling is great therapy, but it doesn't replace talking to people. I still wish that I'd had someone to talk to besides my family at the time.

Guest vanesa

It will take time for me to heal. Xtianity is a psychological disorder, not a cult. (I mean, come on, would you take seriously people who beleive that an old man floats around the clouds to shoot lightening bolts down on us simply for not paying money for a church?) I live in the Upper Midwest, South Dakota to be exact, and the Catholic military establishment is the version of Xtianity I have ran into the most. The stupid Baptists that make up the more aggressive part of Xtianity I don't deal with up here but I think the Catholic Church is worse than the Southern Blabtist Church. Why? Catholics are deceitful. They lie, cheat steal and vandalize all over this part of the country, especially against non-Catholics. They preach tolerance but practice aggression, and it's little wonder even the Blabtist Church makes fun of the Catholic Church.

Let me give you an idea of what these "good hearted Xtians" are reading:

Hosea 13:16 "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces. and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Ezekiel 9:4-7 "And the Lord said unto him, Go through...the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof. And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark..."

Here's more love speech from the great holy Bible:

Numbers 31:17 - 18 "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

In the Old Testament, the Lord prescribes execution as punishment for the "crimes" of working on the sabbath (Exodus 31:15); cursing one's parents (Leviticus 20:9); worshiping other gods (Deuteronomy 17:2-5); enticing a friend or family member to worship other gods (Deuteronomy 13:6-10); being a witch, medium, or wizard (Exodus 22:18, Leviticus 20:27); engaging in homosexual acts (Leviticus 20:13); and not being a virgin on one's wedding night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21). Certainly, to require the death penalty for such acts is to completely reject the notion that the severity of a punishment should bear some proportion to the seriousness of the offense.

And you accuse me of being a bigot? This is what they are reading. This is why I hate them!!

On a more positive note, Thomas Paine, a patriot who lived during the Revolutionary war, is famous with the following quote:

"The belief in a cruel god maked a cruel man"

And you accuse me of being a bigot? This is what they are reading. This is why I hate them!!

I would agree that anyone who took those verses literally was a bigot. I grew up in a Missouri Synod Lutheran church in Minnesota. The hypocrisy & bigotry there was one of the main reasons I left, in addition to not believing the Bible anymore.

But not all Christians take the whole Bible literally. Many of them cherry pick among the verses they want to believe and what they don't. I had Wiccan, agnostic, athiest, and gay friends when I was a liberal Christian attending college. At the time, I refused to believe that Jesus would send anyone to hell who was a good person, regardless of what they believed. (I was sort of universalist but didn't know it, I guess).

It's part of the process of deconverting, although some people never fully deconvert. I attended a United Church of Christ church for a while after college. Their attitude seemed to be anything goes, as long as you were liberal and you believed that Jesus was real. They were also one of the earliest denominations that performed gay marriages. No, I'm not lesbian, but I refused to attend a church that discriminated against people, because I'm not willing to give up my principles for religion. I finally left the liberal church because I could no longer believe in any part of the myth.

And yes, I would agree with you that fundamentalist religion is also a psychological disorder, because they are brainwashed into being delusioned and ignoring reality.

Once again that church that's only a few blocks from my house has a new sign: "Our morning star destroyed the death star."

Once again that church that's only a few blocks from my house has a new sign: "Our morning star destroyed the death star."

:Doh:

PR

The one I drive by on my way to work every day says "For evil to win, let the good do nothing."

I got so tired of the "holy war" mentality when I was going to the conservative church.

Digging around on the web I found this sign on the Silver-Site Online Christian Community

talk.jpg

The comment is as follows:

A sign (somewhat) survives and its a God trying to tell us that end is near!

Don't you love how christians use intimidation to get people to convert.

CONVERT OR GO TO HELL!!!!!!!

WHAT IS YOUR DESTINY?

WHERE WILL YOU GO AFTER DEATH?

:fdevil: MUHAHAHAHAHA

Guest WhatIsTruth9

The stupid signs I've seen..

"CH CH

What's missing? UR"

That's what the damn sign said...

And another one...

"Jesus is the light that knows no power failure."

Wtf? Is he a halogen light bulb?

Seen on a Church of Christ in a small Texas town..(can't remember which small Texas town, take your pick)

"Stop, drop and roll won't work in hell."

This one isn't a sign, but a bumper sticker is saw on a passing car. In white-on-black, it said, "I don't know and neither do you." I was puzzled until I realized it was and answer to the WWJD bumper stickers.

There was a baptist church east of Colorado Springs that always had funny signs. My favorite was "Friends Don't Let Friends Go To Hell."

Here's the newest one from that church a few blocks away: "US Military: 21st Century Freedom Fighters."

I am now convinced that the church is completely neo-con brainwashed.

Seen yesterday..in another small town in Texas:

"Someone call 911..this church is on fire for the Lord!"

I was tempted to call...

Guest JP1283

Seen on a bumper sticker in Reno, NV:

Jesus: It's Hell Without Him!

The word "Hell" is in flames, of course. :Wendywhatever:

Well, its not exactly topic-related, but I saw a bumper sticker that read:

"Frodo failed: Bush has the ring"

I noticed this one today:

"Life is fragile, handle with prayer."

Ugh

Guest JP1283

I saw this one while driving through the Mojave Desert last night on a billboard:

"More desirable than the finest gold: The Bible...A Tool for Life"

Damn, this churh near me is a goldmine of insanity.

"The best constitution in the world is the bible"

:twitch: