Goodbye Jesus

I'd Shoot It If It Hadn't Died On Me!

nivek

Damnnit....

The infamous Urban Assault Vehicle died today.. an ignoble and inglorious death it was.

Lent it to buddy Friday, took a jump start to return it back to haciendaFatman.

Working on the old crate today, we jump start it to try and get it running, get UAV closer to my shop door.

**POOF** goes about six feet of wiring from the starter seleniod to the firewall in a ball of flame and acrid smoke...

I've done this wirejob before, and then it was the *last time*, as trying to reconnect the bitter ends of each part of the unburned sections has shortened..

To repair this mess will require pulling the engine so the new replacement wiring loom can be laid in like it should be..

*Now* is not a great time for daFatman to have to fuck with wrenching on his own vehicles..

ARRrGGHhhHHHhhHHH!

kFL

Man, that blows. No injuries from sudden fireball were there?

Nahh, more of a huge smoke cloud, and thankfully buddy and I were back from underhood.

Good typical breezy day here so the acrid fire/smoke was blown out and damage was easy to assess.

Looking at the firewall down to the starter in the GMC shows that entire run of wire melted and burned where it lays on anything grounded.

It simply is fucked up beyond repair, save to be yarded out and re-run and reconnected..

Right now haciendaFatman doesn't need its rigs broken down...

I HATE working on my own sleds..

kFL