Goodbye Jesus

Why Do Dolts Wield So Much Power?

Renfield

What is happening? I'm getting whiplash from slapping my forehead. :Doh:

The Emmy awards started with a prerecorded parody of Lost. Comair Flight 5191 crashed earlier that day killing 49. The Sensitivity Police are whining that the parody should have been cut. I guess if there's a car accident somewhere all movies and tv shows with car crashes should be canceled.

Why did they put pants on the Koolaid pitcher? Was the pantsless one turning on too many people?

The Copper Tone tanning lotion little girl not only has her butt covered but it's been flattened.

Who are these sick bastards that complain about such things. I have a friend that worked in a department store and women would complain about the lingerie displays. These morons were complaining that these displays would turn guys on. There was a shoe commercial of two guys bungee jumping one had the shoes that you pump up to get a tighter fit the other didn't. The tight shoe guy jumps and comes back. Then the other guy jumps and only his shoes come back, it was very funny. :HappyCry: But these are the same dolts that complained and the commercial was pulled. Why are networks afraid of a minority?

We have people jumping in the faces of pregnant women when they have a glass of wine with dinner.

Or the real assholes that complain about mothers breast feeding. Hey, dipshit don't look. Try exercising something like selfcontrol and just keep your eyes and mouth shut.

I'm sure the Food Police will be getting in peoples faces soon to tell us what we should and shouldn't eat and to push congress to add extra taxes on the unhealthy food.

good rant. didn't know about the Coppertone ad! Will they airbrush out the dog next?

I'm sure the Food Police will be getting in peoples faces soon to tell us what we should and shouldn't eat and to push congress to add extra taxes on the unhealthy food.

:lmao: How little you know the corporate mind. The taxes will be on the healthy food, because the unhealthy stuff is where the profits are. People will pay $2.89 for a single potato's worth of chips, when they could get 25# of real potatoes for less.

People will pay $2.89 for a single potato's worth of chips, when they could get 25# of real potatoes for less.

I agree with that.

With the taxes I was thinking more along the line of what happened to cigarettes. Glad I quit along time ago. :grin:

Up at work, we just pulled the DVD Queer Duck off the shelves, because somebody complained to the home office. Of course I work at Wal-Mart, which is a fundy paradise, but that doesn't seem to stop us from carrying every blood-and-guts unrated war-glorifying bomb flick that comes out.

I think television is to blame for a lot of our modern problems. People raise their kids on it. I know my parents did. It makes things a whole lot easier - instead of watching your kids, just put them in front of the TV! Easy. The only problem is that television is not a substitute for parenting, no matter how hard we try to make it that way, with your Baby Einsteins and what-not. Now the Baby-Boomers, the first generation to be raised on television and force-fed its shiny and glaring instructions on popular culture, have already far ago reached the difficulty of being thrust into an adult world where television could no longer distract them from their own responsibilities, they have nowhere to turn. After simply taking in whatever the television was telling them, and thusly frying their brains, they're having a hard time thinking for themselves, which results in the profound fundamentalist Christian movement today. Instead of independent critical thought, we'll just use the Bible! It's our new TV! Yayy! And a whole generation of youngsters around my own age suffer with the same problem. After years of being brought up by, in chronological order, Pee-Wee Herman, Ren and Stimpy, and Beavis and Butt-Head, I have suddenly found myself at 21 years of age without a damned clue as to how to live like an adult, and my parents don't seem to have any idea or guiding light, either.

I hate TV.

And, unhealthy food should be taxed.

Now the Baby-Boomers, the first generation to be raised on television and force-fed its shiny and glaring instructions on popular culture, have already far ago reached the difficulty of being thrust into an adult world where television could no longer distract them from their own responsibilities, they have nowhere to turn.

Okaaay, I'm guessing you don't know any responsible adults. :HaHa:

My father died when I was 9 and my mom never remarried. She worked second shift. I was alone alot and except for limited social skills I turned out okay. I'm a husband, father, grandfather, high school graduate, Vietnam Veteran. I retired last year after working for 37 years 8 months at a division of GE. I'm 57 years old and of course a baby boomer.

My daughter was raised on Sesame Street, The Electric Company. Mr. Rogers and lots and lots of books. She learned violin and classical guitar. Not all baby boomers have their heads up their ass, just most.

I have seen a pattern as people get older. They realize that they are closer to death than birth and then panic sets in. They become more conservative and run to god.

And, unhealthy food should be taxed.

This is what I'm talking about. How does someone eating junk food affect you? It has started with excessive taxes on cigarettes. In Wisconsin there's an extra tax on candy and gum. My wife has dry mouth from medication she takes and chews a special gum to replace the lost moisture but it's taxed just like regular gum.

Do not think you're clear, because if this continues they will eventually put excessive taxes on things that you like.

Ren,

I thought Michigan had too many taxes...but candy and gum? That's scary. I'm over here thinking that fast food shouldn't even be taxed, because, after all, it's food.

I mean, the argument is that these taxes will pay for our medicine when we are old and sick, because we smoke too much, or eat too many Twinkies. The fact is, according to the same research that the States quote, those of us who do such things won't live long enough to be a burden on the 'State'.

The fact is, Michigan, at least, needs the money for it's general fund, because of mis-manangment of funds, and not because of any health issues. There is such a small percentage of money from the tobacco lawsuits here going to stop-smoking programs, compared to to the money that this state recieved...

As for sesame Street... never got into it. But I've always wondered about 'Love of Chair', and what about Naomi? I loved The Electric Company.

:grin:

My daughter wasn't born 'til 75 so I missed 'Love of Chair', sounds like it was funny. I liked easy reader, Morgan Freeman.

I'm sorry, which Naomi?

Personally, I really wish we'd get rid of punitive taxes completely. Not only should we not start taxing fatty foods, but we should get rid of alcohol and tobacco taxes. It's not your business what vices someone across the state chooses to indulge in. And it doesn't become your business until someone puts someone else in danger by driving drunk or smoking like a chimney in an enclosed space with co-workers present.

Though I will say that I don't understand why people smoke cigarrettes instead of cigars or pipes. Pipes especially. I'm not a smoker, but I love the smell of pipe tobacco. And it's not nearly as bad for you.

Local politicians tax tobacco, alcohol, and gasoline because these products are very elastic. It's an easy sell to the hoi polloi and raising their prices does not decrease demand. The government tried to tax luxury items a couple decades ago and they temporarily destroyed the US yachting industry.

I doubt the politicians really give a crap about fast food. They are just looking for something to scape goat and use it as an excuse to get away with raising more taxes. They are insatiable and only limited by the gulibility of the voters.