Goodbye Jesus

The Fate Of Judas

Markkasan

As you probably know, being ex-Christians, Judas betrayed Jesus. For the past 2000 years the church has villified this man as the greatest traitor ever known to man.

This is a question for the Apolegetics in this forum. I am curious to know what you think about Judas's fate. Was he a despicable traitor, or simply filling out God's plan? He's the one you should thank for Christianity (imagine Christianity without the crucifixion). Where is he now? In hell, as a traitor or in heaven, as an agent of God?

According to scripture, Judas ended up in eternal damnation. Jesus called him a devil and the "son of perdition". At one point he became the devil incarnate.

I know what it is to be like Judas, because I blasphemed the Holy Ghost myself.

Jon.

Actually, Judas never committed the unforgivable sin. The Pharisees did.

This is a little off topic, but do you like to torture yourself with the unforgivable sin, Jon? Because it's all you ever post about, and I've come across other places on the internet that you've posted and it almost seems like you're an advocate for blasphemy. You even have a website called "Totalblasphemy.com." If you're looking for ways to get better mentally, doing things that only reinforce the fear in you aren't going to work.

Oh, and did Judas have freewill? If so, then God's plan, easily dashed. If not, then no such thing as freewill if your created to serve a purpose like a character written in a fiction (which is the obvious answer here).

judas was the only one of those apostles that had any damn sense!! or understood the gravity of Jesus' rabble-rousing in the Temple among the Romans!

if you compare the gospels, Judas' fate is at best uncertain.... they don't agree and you can see in the later gospels (ie, John) how the story had taken off with a life of its own.

the whole story about the "potter's field" is just a lame attempt to "fulfill" a passage from Jeremiah. and how do any of the gospel writers know about this story anyway... they weren't there.

gospel of judas: apocryphal/psuedonymous/gnostic and written fairly late.

judas' betrayal is a literary device and also another lame attempt to "fulfill prophecy," just like the rest of the story about Jesus' trial and execution. or a further attempt to blame "the Jews" for Jesus' death. i'm sure the Romans could have done just fine without him.

I consider Judas the first ex-christian. After hanging out with Jesus for a while, he realized the guy thought he was the son of god, and decided it was time to get out.

I consider Judas the first ex-christian. After hanging out with Jesus for a while, he realized the guy thought he was the son of god, and decided it was time to get out.

i agree. or Judas is the "quintessential Jew." i think it's funny how in art and drama Judas typically "looks the most Jewish" of any of the disciples.