Goodbye Jesus

Christian: Jesus Does Not Love You.

EdwardAbbey

Not only does Jesus not love you but neither is he alive, he is not in the room with you nor is he living in your heart, he is not coming back to planet earth to rescue all those who profess him as Lard and sliver, nor does he talk to anyone except those who are insane and extremely delusional; Satan does not exist either, he is just another one of those personfied imaginary monsters invented to scare the wits out of the ignorant; you are not saved from a myth called sin, salvation is just a figment of your imagination; when you die your brain waves will cease to exist and you will not live in heaven forever in eternal bliss; everything you believe about this concept is nothing more than superstition and wishful thinking.

Some of those who submit to such beliefs are going to ask me how do I "know" this as fact? Simple. I know this just like I know that Santa Claus, Leprechauns and Mermaids fall within the same category of such imaginary inventions of the human mind. To believe in such things as fact one must suspend all manner of logic, reason, objective and rational thinking from their minds.

To believe in such childish things is no different than a little child believing there are mostrers under his bed.

Oh what sweet. ignorant, illogical, delusional bliss to live in! But no monster is my kind Jesus and He does not scare the wits out of me. So many good things I could say about Him, even when I am encountering the trials of life.

And when I die if all my experience was but a delightful delusion I will have lost nothing. Yet if I pass through the shadow lands of this quick life on earth and there He is waiting for me then I will gain everything and I will be with Him for all eternity.

Perhaps I may not even have to wait until then. It may be that while I am standing on the planet I may see a bright light shining from the east to the west. "O happy delusion!" I will shout! And then, in the twinkling of an eye, it may be my experience becomes a true reality.

Which of us REALLY knows the truth?

How amusing. Your Jesus resembles a cute, huggable, leperchaun in that he answers your prayers (when it fits into "his plan" of course.) However, the Jesus of Revalation is promised to wreck the firey sword of vengeance upon all of us poor sinners. Bowls of plague, blood in the seas, stars raining from the skies. If your Jesus is so loving, why would he allow things like that to happen? He said "Love your enemy, turn the other cheek" and yet Revelations paints a far meaner Jesus. Vindicative, spitefull, and cruel. That's what the Christian God is, who in your view is Jesus as well.

The Christian God ordered the destruction of all of Canaan so that the Hebrews could set up shop. He slaughtered thousands for finite, petty misdemenors like working on the Sabbath day. He supposedly allowed the Assyrians to rip Israel to shreds. Is this the same God as in the New Testament? Did God change, or did the high priests decide that God needed a facelift? Perhaps God was just in a bad mood for the first thousand years and lightened up as he figured out that honey attracts more flies than vinegar. Who knows.

Not only does Jesus not love you but neither is he alive, he is not in the room with you nor is he living in your heart, he is not coming back to planet earth to rescue all those who profess him as Lard and sliver, nor does he talk to anyone except those who are insane and extremely delusional; Satan does not exist either, he is just another one of those personfied imaginary monsters invented to scare the wits out of the ignorant; you are not saved from a myth called sin, salvation is just a figment of your imagination; when you die your brain waves will cease to exist and you will not live in heaven forever in eternal bliss; everything you believe about this concept is nothing more than superstition and wishful thinking.

Some of those who submit to such beliefs are going to ask me how do I "know" this as fact? Simple. I know this just like I know that Santa Claus, Leprechauns and Mermaids fall within the same category of such imaginary inventions of the human mind. To believe in such things as fact one must suspend all manner of logic, reason, objective and rational thinking from their minds.

To believe in such childish things is no different than a little child believing there are mostrers under his bed.

Oh what sweet. ignorant, illogical, delusional bliss to live in! But no monster is my kind Jesus and He does not scare the wits out of me. So many good things I could say about Him, even when I am encountering the trials of life.

And when I die if all my experience was but a delightful delusion I will have lost nothing. Yet if I pass through the shadow lands of this quick life on earth and there He is waiting for me then I will gain everything and I will be with Him for all eternity.

Perhaps I may not even have to wait until then. It may be that while I am standing on the planet I may see a bright light shining from the east to the west. "O happy delusion!" I will shout! And then, in the twinkling of an eye, it may be my experience becomes a true reality.

Wonderfully spoken!

Edward, Satan was not "invented". And he surely doesn't scare Christians. Jesus Christ has given us power and authority over those wicked spirits.

Jesus was and is loving. But even the patience of our dear Lord can and will run out. The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and tells us we need to be right with God. The longer we resist, the harder are hearts will become and soon we will no longer hear His calling. One Day Jesus Christ will return, and what a wonderful Day that will be to those who believe!

So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin and tells us we need to be right with God.

Actually the Holy Spit condemns. When was the last time the Holy Spit convicted you? It's supposed to be a gentle thing right? I only ever felt condemnation, of how lousy a Christian I was. I know you'll say that was Satan, but if that's the case then the HS does nothing..... actually that's not true, at least he allows you to speak in tongues, which I did on a regular basis, thanks to the HS.

The William Wallace like Braveheart Jesus, holy and with fire in His eyes, that militant Christ, my Hero, whose love outweighs His judgement countless times a day and grants His enemies the breath to blaspheme His holiness. In my grand delusion I am constantly filled with wonder at His mercy. No vindictive, spiteful, mean, cruel Christ is He but a champion of those who long for Light and Freedom from Satan as Satan also is another part of my illogic deceiving men with his lies, calling good evil and evil good.

Ok, this has got to be a spoof. You had me going for awhile there, amy marie, but you went too far with it this time.

I mean, no one really thinks like this, do they? :shrug:

Amy marie is a spoofer, right? :Hmm:

Right? :twitch:

nor does he talk to anyone except those who are insane and extremely delusional;
If he's not real, then how does he talk to these people? :Hmm:

Edward, Satan was not "invented". And he surely doesn't scare Christians. Jesus Christ has given us power and authority over those wicked spirits

Then point me to passage in the Old Testament, where he rebels against God.

Here is a little hint:none

The Jews don't bite into the Satan theory, because they find no evidence of this in their scripture. Don't believe me?

Just ask them

http://p069.ezboard.com/bmessiahtruth

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/phpBB2/index.php

Perhaps I will be rewarded some day.

That right there is why you believe it. What if it could be shown to you that Jesus was never speaking about life anywhere other than this life? Would your love still be there? Could you still follow his teachings?

And sadly since you invoked the magic name of "jesus" no one can force you to get the mental help you need (I am so not joking it's not even funny). :(

Maybe some day we'll figure out a way to send you back to the Middle Ages where you so desparately want to live...and you'll realize what a shit hole it truly was for most people. Ahhh well, you're already living there in your mind, getting banged by Sir jesus, so that's probably good enough.

mwc

I think what I know is real. You on the other hand think it's a joke. I'm content with that. There's nothing I can do to prove what I know is, real foolish person that I am. I choose the foolish way and the way less traveled. Perhaps I will be rewarded some day.

I apologize if you're on the level, but you gotta admit, that's some pretty outre stuff you're talking. You shouldn't be surprised if someone might take it as a joke. :shrug:

But seriously, you can take fantasy way too far. If I were you, I'd just get hooked up with the Ren-fair scene and let it go at that. That way, at least you'll get out and meet real people and have some fun.

Also, if you want to be a xtian, fine. But you currently aren't really practicing the religion. Most of what you go on about is not only unscriptural, it could be considered almost heretical. I think you owe it to yourself to really study the bible and learn more about what it really says. :scratch:

The William Wallace like Braveheart Jesus, holy and with fire in His eyes, that militant Christ, my Hero, whose love outweighs His judgement countless times a day and grants His enemies the breath to blaspheme His holiness. In my grand delusion I am constantly filled with wonder at His mercy. No vindictive, spiteful, mean, cruel Christ is He but a champion of those who long for Light and Freedom from Satan as Satan also is another part of my illogic deceiving men with his lies, calling good evil and evil good.

And if my belief is but my imagination I am not harmed at all. Right now I know peace and nothing can take me from the terible beauty of Him who is both Savior and Judge.

:huh:

I give examples of how God is a cruel and petty tyrant in the Old Testament, and you reply with a flowery tribute to the son of above-mentioned tyrant. How's that supposed to work? This is a common thread in your posts. You run away from arguments and put up smoke screens instead. Why don't you explain to me, a poor misguided human being, how a God who arbitrarily slaughters Israelits in Numbers and Exodus can possibly be the same God who begets Jesus Christ. Either the Bible is wrong, or Christianity is wrong. You can't have it both ways.

Amy Marie...you will be rewardied someday. Christians are selfish that just proves our point.

The reason you will belive in God is to avoid hell. ( That's plain and simple) That is why you are a Christian there And if you be good and don't disobey God he will give you a present. If you disobey him and is naughty you will get coal ( I mean go to hell).

God is Santa of that time period....except there is no wars over Santa..no murders, no blood sacrifices for Santa

post-2064-1157134643_thumb.jpg

Ezekiel 16:6:14

Yeah, that's a nice one. The image of a down and out woman (I'm sure you realize this is all metaphor, right) being saved by the Lord (Jehovah but since the bible says LORD you read it as jesus) and made clean and beautiful once again. A real "Pretty Woman" type of tale. But you left out the follow-up verses. Why do xians always leave that stuff out? Never worry Amy. I will help you by posting a taste of it here:

15 But you put your faith in the fact that you were beautiful, acting like a loose woman because you were widely talked of, and offering your cheap love to everyone who went by, whoever it might be. 16 And you took your robes and made high places for yourself ornamented with every colour, acting like a loose woman on them, without shame or fear. 17 And you took the fair jewels, my silver and gold which I had given to you, and made for yourself male images, acting like a loose woman with them; 18 And you took your robes of needlework for their clothing, and put my oil and my perfume before them. 19 And my bread which I gave you, the best meal and oil and honey which I gave you for your food, you put it before them for a sweet smell, says the Lord. 20 And you took your sons and your daughters whom I had by you, offering even these to them to be their food. Was your loose behaviour so small a thing, 21 That you put my children to death and gave them up to go through the fire to them? 22 And in all your disgusting and false behaviour you had no memory of your early days, when you were uncovered and without clothing, stretched out in your blood. 23 And it came about, after all your evil-doing, says the Lord, 24 That you made for yourself an arched room in every open place. 25 You put up your high places at the top of every street, and made the grace of your form a disgusting thing, opening your feet to everyone who went by, increasing your loose ways.

I got tired of highlighting the wonderful imagery. You can find more on your own I'm sure. Do you make it a point to highlight this in your fantasies Amy? The part where jesus saves you and then you go a'whorin' around on him? Because that's the story AS WRITTEN! Or do you cherry pick your visions?

mwc

My reward is Jesus Himself. If heaven is nothing but Jesus then I am content. If Jesus was in hell then hell is where I want to be. May He give me grace because I have weeknesses and fears.

He enables me to follow His teachings because I am the branch united to Christ the Vine who is my life. The fruits of Christ likeness come as much as I allow Him to live His life out through me to others.

How could I love Jesus and not love His teachings?

If He comes as a rich and mighty King or a poor beggar what does it matter?

Well, I guess I didn't state my point very clear.

What if Jesus was an enlightened man that understood the way to feel God in your life and to experience this joy on a daily basis? That would make him a very special person, but not someone that can now come to you and be with you now. Jesus lives through his teachings, not as a ghost.

Jesus' message was to live your life with the knowledge of God in your heart...not him. You have taken the messenger and turned him into God. I know it's just not you, but the practice of Christianity. He was the beacon that called people to know God, but he wasn't God. That is an invention of the Creed. God is what is important and where your sites should be, not Jesus himself as god, but his teachings (along with others) can show you if you allow it.

Jesus didn't care much for the rich and mighty kings, Amy.

I'm someone that belives all the "I am's" in the book of John are His words.

Thank you Amy. Sincerely.

I also believe the I AM's are his words, but I understand them differently. I AM is also used in the Torah in order to symbolize God. What more can be said about God without making this Essence into an idol? What it means to me is that he understood this message about what God 'is' and when he said that "no one comes to the Father but through me", he meant that anyone that didn't recognize the spirit of God that was in him and understood what he said would not know God's presence in their own lives. His life was the example to follow in order to experience God, not through the strict adherence to the laws of the society such as what was clean and unclean and the rules that accompanied that thought process. These people, in that age and culture, sought to know God by laws, not by living with God in their heart. It's what comes out of a person...not what goes in. It doesn't mean that he was God, it just means that he experienced God as an indwelling presence...the I AM, and he lived his life accordingly. When the spirit of God flew down like a dove, it just meant that people could recognize this Essence of love and compassion in him. It was a mistake to say he was God as in part of a distant diety. It is more correct, IMO, to say that he experienced the God presence already within himself and it shown. This is not exclusive to just him, everyone can experience this. This was his message.

This is an area that can be easily misinterpreted, but if it is misinterpreted it causes a fundamental mistake. This difference is that God was already in him (and everyone), but he wasn't God persay. See how it can easily become convoluted?

Oh but Amy...it's just not doctrinal, it is the very heart of the matter. It is what turns people away from him or towards his teachings. I am a living example! :D

I hope to not be that unfeeling and ungrateful after all His done for me. But even if I should go astray, Jesus said to Peter when he was about to deny Christ, "Satan has desired to shift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you so that when you return, strengthen your brothers."

Not that it matters since the whole thing is out of context but since you want to relate it to your life it really doesn't matter what you want since that's how the story goes. Jesus will lift you up and you will become a whore that angers him greatly. You will turn on him, eat his babies, make dildos from his gifts and whore around with the neighbors.

I would have picked a different story to apply to my life but whatever floats your boat. But like I said, it doesn't matter since this is all out of context anyway (unless you're Israel).

mwc

I found the truth. and the truth is, there is no Jesus, no god, no devil, no sin, no salvation, no heaven and no hell. The only ones who are afraid of this truth are those who follow such superstitous beliefs. To them it is terror to learn such truth.

I guess that is why in your mind, ignorance is bliss.

I found the truth. and the truth is, there is no Jesus, no god, no devil, no sin, no salvation, no heaven and no hell. The only ones who are afraid of this truth are those who follow such superstitous beliefs. To them it is terror to learn such truth.

What is your definition of ignorant? Is it that difficult to just believe in God?

What is your definition of ignorant? Is it that difficult to just believe in God?

For most of us here, it's impossible. Can you "regain your faith" in Santa Claus? :shrug:

Also my definition of ignorant goes into 2 categories:

1) Ignorant, meaning unaware of the facts/truth. Honestly not having the knowledge someone else may have due to being uninformed. Honestly not knowing something.

2)Willfully ignorant. Knowing the facts, and purposely denying them for personal/emotional reasons.

Is it that difficult to just believe in God?

Nope. Just completely illogical. Try reading an encyclopedia or an anthropology book sometime.

:Doh: Oh that's right, I forgot! Christians are illiterate...

"Edward, Satan was not 'invented'."

Yes, my delusional and ignorant boy-man, he was. Read up on Thomas Aquinas and his posse.

The concept of Satan was invented specifically to answer the question "Why does god allow bad things to happen to good people?"

Tommy-A also invented the idea of shame for sexuality. He was a busy boy, and he is one of your heavy-duty saints.

Perhaps when you have finished studying "scripture" for "a very long time" :lmao: , you will begin studying the history of your religion and its criminal founders.

Of course it isn't difficult. You just believe. you see, I used to "just believe" in the Christian fairy tale too. But up until just a few years ago as I started to question theism, God belief and Christianity, I became more and more convinced that it was nothing more then ridiculous fairy tales born out of the superstitious minds of the humans who invented such a thing. There is no way I could ever "just believe" in Christianity again. Unless someone hit me in the head and either caused me to have brain damage or loss of memory or given me a lobotomy. But to answer your question as to the definition of ignorance.

the dictionary definition:

lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified

This lines up with those who submit to belief in Christianity and the Christian God. you "just believe" such a God is true without pursuing an honest inquiry whether it is true or not. It's called "faith". And faith is believing in something for which there is no objective evidence. It doesn't require knowledge or comprehension. The bible even tells you you're not supposed to have knowledge God exists. you must have that special thing called faith. And faith is suspending reason and objective thinking. That's why believing in such a ridiculous thing as Christianity requires no work. you don't even have to think about it. You just believe it. Just listen to any evangelical church service message during an alter call and you'll see what I mean. The music is playing, things get really emotional, the Holy Spirit (that imagniary/invisible thing that goes no further than the brain) tugs at your heart strings as the preacher put thoughts of heavenly bliss into your mind and before you know it, walla, you're a saved individual that from that moment forward, you're heaven bound because you suspended reason and replaced it with blind faith and submitted your rational mind over to mind control and religious indoctrination and you're hooked for life. Unless you reverse the process and begin to apply reason once again. that said, there is still hope for the Christian to walk away from this very irrisistible superstitious fairy tale force called Born-Again Christianity.

And all the atheists said:

AMEN !

:fdevil:

I'd like to add that there are many members here, who still believe in God, just not the Christian one. We have members who are Athiest, Agnostic, Wiccan, Deist, Buddhist, etc. etc, what we all have in common is that we are all Ex-Christians.

To all Christians: this is Ex-Christian.net, not Atheist.net.

I'd like to add that there are many members here, who still believe in God, just not the Christian one. We have members who are Athiest, Agnostic, Wiccan, Deist, Buddhist, etc. etc, what we all have in common is that we are all Ex-Christians.

To all Christians: this is Ex-Christian.net, not Atheist.net.

Point of order, not ALL here are EX-Christians. Asimov has NEVER been a Christian (or any other religion, I believe). But as for everything else you said, I say, "Ditto!"