Goodbye Jesus

Christian: Jesus Does Not Love You.

EdwardAbbey

Is it that difficult to just believe in God?
No. It's astonishingly easy. How easy it would be to just stop asking questions and take the first assertion given to us. For many of us, that was the case. It worked when we were children, because we instinctively absorbed and trusted everything our parents told us. Mom said it. I believed it. End of story.

Hmmmmm... That sounds SOOO familiar.

It'd be so much easier if we just believed whatever we were told. None of that pesky thinking. That's hard work, and it wastes so much time that would be better spent worshipping Jesus! Let's never think again! Let's just believe.

"Just believe". In other words, "Stop thinking about it and shut up".

I'd like to add that there are many members here, who still believe in God, just not the Christian one. We have members who are Athiest, Agnostic, Wiccan, Deist, Buddhist, etc. etc, what we all have in common is that we are all Ex-Christians.

To all Christians: this is Ex-Christian.net, not Atheist.net.

I'm aware of that and thats fine with me. Except I just happen to carry my non-belief a step further. All the gods are nothing more than delusion. Non of them exist outside the human brain.

As for Deists? If anything they are just closet atheists in my not so humble opinion. Agnostics? Do they believe in God? if not, then they are atheist too.

I'm aware of that and thats fine with me. Except I just happen to carry my non-belief a step further. All the gods are nothing more than delusion. Non of them exist outside the human brain.

As for Deists? If anything they are just closet atheists in my not so humble opinion. Agnostics? Do they believe in God? if not, then they are atheist too.

Sometimes people don't want to use the label atheist for personal reasons, where as Deist and agnostic sound better than atheist.

I'd like to add that there are many members here, who still believe in God, just not the Christian one. We have members who are Athiest, Agnostic, Wiccan, Deist, Buddhist, etc. etc, what we all have in common is that we are all Ex-Christians.

To all Christians: this is Ex-Christian.net, not Atheist.net.

Ok, I can see that about the agnostics, but I defiitely know some very "spiritual" (whatever that means) Deists.

Most folks seem to deconvert right into full on skepticism of all things religious, though.