Goodbye Jesus

What's The Point Of Debating?

Scott

It kills time and gives us something to do. Besides, if one person's chains are broken to allow free thinking, the world becomes a better place.

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;

13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

"Sin" in this case being any kind of critical thinking...:rolleyes:

12 Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;

13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

"Sin" in this case being any kind of critical thinking...:rolleyes:

Exactly. This is one of these examples where Christians try to keep you afraid from modifying any of the doctrines you are supposed to parrot in the name of their church by saying you will become hardened in you sin. Is thinking sin? Is questioning sin? Is a different opinion sin? According to many of these churches they are.

I point out that we're not talking about sin here. My heart is not hardened at all. In fact I would argue that a person who without flinching can accept that the God they worship sends countless souls to an eternal hell because they failed to accept the teachings of some vague book interpreted by some preacher born in Alabama, U.S.A. That is the hallmark of a hardened heart. A heart that does not understand love, while claiming to embrace some absolute ideal of it.

No, my heart in fact became un-hardened when I let go of the doctrines of men claiming the doctrines of God. If God exists, then God gave you a mind and it is no sin to use it. Those who call it a sin are serving themselves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.