Goodbye Jesus

If Human's Created A Universe.....

KT45

orion16.jpg

Remember the movie Men In Black. At one point in the movie they found out that a galaxy was considerably small. Big enough to fit into your hand. They even showed an alien playing with it like a bunch of marbles. I've been thinking. Alot of scientist are trying to figure out exactly how the big bang started. What if a scientist while trying to find a cause for the universe accidentally created a universe similar to the one in MIB? If this were to happen would this change your views on god?

To atheist, would this discovery cause you to want to re-evaluate the possiblity of a god?

To deist, would this change your view about a there being an all-knowing, all-powerful, immortal god?

To christians, would this change cause you to re-evaluate the bible? Your religion? How about how involved god truely is in your life?

It would certainly explain Yahweh's changes in behavior and commandments.

If this were to happen, I still wouldn't believe in a god but I would be very interested in the universe above us. However, it's not going to happen that way. MIB is bad science fiction designed as a good vehicle for Will Smith. If we were to create a universe, it would phase out of our own and we wouldn't be able to observe it any longer.

On the other hand, what if the universe is just an incredibly detailed simulation being run in an überpowerful alien computer to see how the universe began and evolved life?

They could've programmed it with all the laws of the known, 'real' universe and we are all just self-replicating programs. In which case 'god' would be just as irrelevant if the aliens are merely observing the results of the simulation. :scratch: Heavy, man...

Whoops - how did this joint get in my mouth? :Doh:

Whoops - how did this joint get in my mouth? :Doh:

If you don't want it pass that ish' over here!!

orion16.jpg

Remember the movie Men In Black. At one point in the movie they found out that a galaxy was considerably small. Big enough to fit into your hand. They even showed an alien playing with it like a bunch of marbles. I've been thinking. Alot of scientist are trying to figure out exactly how the big bang started. What if a scientist while trying to find a cause for the universe accidentally created a universe similar to the one in MIB? If this were to happen would this change your views on god?

To atheist, would this discovery cause you to want to re-evaluate the possiblity of a god?

To deist, would this change your view about a there being an all-knowing, all-powerful, immortal god?

To christians, would this change cause you to re-evaluate the bible? Your religion? How about how involved god truely is in your life?

Hans posted an article awhile back on how scientist have come up with a way to possibly at some point in the future create a self-contained universe. What would happen is that it would blip out of this dimension into another and be its own universe. The scientists would have created a universe, and then it went off out of the sight and control of the scientists who created it.

I have been pondering this thought since reading this that lets say those scientists were able to factor in a mix of various "laws" that when put into motion would create a self-sustaining "eco-system" of sorts on a cosmological level. This system would follow laws that ultimately create life in its "soup" that were put into the experiment. Now of course they would not be able to interact with it because it was now outside their dimension, but perhaps maybe measure and observe it and note its features?

Now let’s say that it was humans that created this bubble universe that created --- life in their own image?

Ok... it's Sunday afternoon... I'm having a Belgian Ale and just drifting along in thoughts.... :grin:

If this were to happen would this change your views on god?

No.

No.

Guest Donjared

Isn't funny how UnAsmivov-like Asimov is. No curiousity my friend?

It has been postulated that God is humanity in a hyper-evolved state. This God learned to exist outside of time and involves itself in our lives.

Still there is no evidence one way or another. So as a wishy-washy Deist I would have to say No to your question as well. I don't know if God is all-knowing or all-powerful or even immortal. I just believe the evidence suggests that the universe has a design to it.

Isn't funny how UnAsmivov-like Asimov is. No curiousity my friend?

It has nothing to do with curiousity.

No.

Not god I don't mean an omipresent, immortal being. Just a creator. Would you re-evaluate the possiblity of a creator.

Not god I don't mean an omipresent, immortal being. Just a creator. Would you re-evaluate the possiblity of a creator.

I'm open to the possibility of nearly anything, but it wouldn't open my eyes to new things that I haven't thought about before.

...I just believe the evidence suggests that the universe has a design to it.

:Hmm: I've thought about this - probably more than it warrants - and have come to think that our understanding of 'design' comes from the order of the universe 'as it is' and therefore the apparent 'design' in the universe is not necessarily evidence of a creator of that design.

More simply stated: Our very understand of design is due to our observation of the the universe. The universe is not evidence of created design in and of itself.

Illustration: 3 buckets of paint (blue, red, and yellow) sit on the edge of a table. An earthquake shakes the table dumping the paint on the floor. The paints flow together in a beautiful design. You come home and observe the design. Do you automatically think "someone created" the design?

Of course, this illustration (like any simple illustration) doesn't account for how the buckets of paint got on the table to begin with but any discussion of a creator must presuppose the creator's existence to begin with anyway so we're back to square one in any event. The illustration does, however, show that there can be design without a creator. :twitch:

Geez, I need a beer. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. Even if the universe was the result of an science experiment, it wouldn't have any thing to do with gods or even humans for that matter ...it would have been an alien intelligence in an other universe. Therefore aliens would have 'created' our universe.