Goodbye Jesus

My People Are Destroyed By Lack Of Knowledge

Scott

To the Christians - The Bible says "My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge". I have come to the conclusion that just saying "have faith" is not enough for a hard core atheist. I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious. It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either. I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch. Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

To the Non-Christians - I believe with everything that is in me that Christianity is true. Regardless of all the debates about the timing of the rapture or if hell is symbolic or not; all the theological debates. I also believe it can be proven. It will take a long time to read and study all the things I can to prove Christianity is true, but it is possible. I believe it is, I think I can prove it, and I believe my faith will be stronger after I do prove it.

God Bless

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• KT45

• Ramen666

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott, you're an avid starter of threads aren't you? I wonder if you're actually going to respond to any of the responses to this one.

There you go with that "Non-Christian" thing again. Do you have a hard time accepting the fact that many of us here were once Christians and now are not?

Say it with me three times...

Ex-Christian

Ex-Christian

Ex-Christian

See? That's not so hard, is it?

To the Christians - The Bible says "My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge". I have come to the conclusion that just saying "have faith" is not enough for a hard core atheist. I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious. It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either. I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch. Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

To the Non-Christians - I believe with everything that is in me that Christianity is true. Regardless of all the debates about the timing of the rapture or if hell is symbolic or not; all the theological debates. I also believe it can be proven. It will take a long time to read and study all the things I can to prove Christianity is true, but it is possible. I believe it is, I think I can prove it, and I believe my faith will be stronger after I do prove it.

God Bless

This is my favorite part about apologetics: proving faith to strengthen faith. Faith is faith because it can't be proven. It has to be taken on...(Wait for it) faith.

I'd give you God's cell number so you can ask him to prove himself, but he changed it after I kept drunk dialing him :Doh:

God Bless

By all means...go for it, Scott.

But in the meantime...would you like to know how many have tried to do just that and ended up joining us here on the ex-christian site? Do you know how many ex-pastors, ex-seminarians, ex-evangelists, ex-sunday school teachers are here?

Okay, you don't want to become a witch. :HaHa: Neither do I. But nor do I want to be a christian. Again.

I will tell you this...if you can come up with credible, verifiable extrabiblical evidence for the existence of jesus as the christ; if you can provide evidence that heaven and hell are real; if you can show me a soul, or an angel...I guarantee you will have my undivided attention.

They say that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Good luck with that, Scott.

I wish you would actually respond in the threads you start, though, instead of starting a whole new thread about something else.

God Bless

By all means...go for it, Scott.

But in the meantime...would you like to know how many have tried to do just that and ended up joining us here on the ex-christian site? Do you know how many ex-pastors, ex-seminarians, ex-evangelists, ex-sunday school teachers are here?

Okay, you don't want to become a witch. :HaHa: Neither do I. But nor do I want to be a christian. Again.

I will tell you this...if you can come up with credible, verifiable extrabiblical evidence for the existence of jesus as the christ; if you can provide evidence that heaven and hell are real; if you can show me a soul, or an angel...I guarantee you will have my undivided attention.

Alright then. But do you know how many people set out to disprove Christianity and became Christians? I believe I can prove the existence of God and Jesus as being the Christ. IF God is real, and IF Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, then we can go by His teachings to see if heaven, hell, angels, and demons are real.

Alright then. But do you know how many people set out to disprove Christianity and became Christians? I believe I can prove the existence of God and Jesus as being the Christ. IF God is real, and IF Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, then we can go by His teachings to see if heaven, hell, angels, and demons are real.

Lotta IFs there.

Undisputable fact doesn't require "ifs" you know. A fact simply is.....no conditions required.

God Bless

What utter Bullshit.

I hated God more then anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious.

What a lame attempt to appeal to people. Who here "hates God"? I doubt his existence, I hate religion and dangerous dogmas.. but as far as a god goes, I know none personally. I wonder Scott, do you hate Zeus with the same passion you used to hate god? This is Pulpit bullshit, and this is what Christians say who wish to beat themselves up in front of the congregation. You can't hate Santa, nor the Easter bunny, sure you can love the idea of them but hate is such a strong word that it can hardly be applied to fairy tales.

Secondly, as already pointed out we are Ex-Christians not Non-Christians. We know all your mind tricks and sympathy pleas and quite frankly you're a bore. Xtians for the most part are one tick pony's... you all use the same scare tactics, same mantra and same bullshit. Go on your journey to find hell and god.. good luck with that, and remember to look at all the pagan roots as well or your only doing yourself a disservice.

I don't know, and I don't care.

Okay...you have your assignment, gird up thy loins and bring it home. That should occupy you for a while.

Like who? Well then, they must not have ever been good "non-Christians" then, right? :grin:

Like who? Well then, they must not have ever been good "non-Christians" then, right? :grin:

Why, Lee Strobel of course! That brave ex-Atheist turned steadfast and true crusader for God!

No, how many? and who? C. S Lewis?

God Bless

What utter Bullshit.

I hated God more then anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious.

What a lame attempt to appeal to people. Who here "hates God"? I doubt his existence, I hate religion and dangerous dogmas.. but as far as a god goes, I know none personally. I wonder Scott, do you hate Zeus with the same passion you used to hate god? This is Pulpit bullshit, and this is what Christians say who wish to beat themselves up in front of the congregation. You can't hate Santa, nor the Easter bunny, sure you can love the idea of them but hate is such a strong word that it can hardly be applied to fairy tales.

Secondly, as already pointed out we are Ex-Christians not Non-Christians. We know all your mind tricks and sympathy pleas and quite frankly you're a bore. Xtians for the most part are one tick pony's... you all use the same scare tactics, same mantra and same bullshit. Go on your journey to find hell and god.. good luck with that, and remember to look at all the pagan roots as well or your only doing yourself a disservice.

You are very amusing. Do you honestly think that I am here to create {re}converts? :lmao: Why on earth would I do that? That is not my job. You also think I'm trying to appeal to people? That is "utter bullshit" in and of itself. And do you really think Christians haven't heard every reason not to believe in God? I know I have. And that in itself is a bore. Zeus is a false god made up to deceive people from following the true God. I don't hate Zeus, as he is nothing. I do hate the one who made him up, however.

So Zeus who was part of a culture geographically and historically apart from the times of Hebrew tribes was created to decieve people who never heard of the Hebrew God away from following the Hebrew God. It's all so lucid.

When they fall apart they really do it, don't they? Poor baby. I wonder if he's cute. SATAN MADE ME SAY THAT!

I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious. It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either. I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch. Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

Scott, you remind me of that kid in high school who would say anything and do anything to be accepted. You're basically saying we should go easy on you because you were once an agnostic. No dice. Also, you say that you "hated God." Strange, I have heard that phrase more from born-again Christians than from hardcore agnostics or other non-Christians. It may be fashionable to say you hated God before you found Jeezus to your friends, and it may win you sympathy from your Christian fellows, but its just all bull. How can you hate God if you don't believe in him?

Alright then. But do you know how many people set out to disprove Christianity and became Christians?

I was once a skilled apologist for the Christian religion. People actually complemented me for my debating skills. The thing is, once you step away from the fold to actually face your detractors, you learn from them. I deconverted partly because in arguing for the faith, I saw what hypocrasies and inconsistancies there were. I think there are more deconversions then there are conversions to Christianity.

You are very amusing. Do you honestly think that I am here to create {re}converts? :lmao: Why on earth would I do that? That is not my job. You also think I'm trying to appeal to people? That is "utter bullshit" in and of itself. And do you really think Christians haven't heard every reason not to believe in God? I know I have. And that in itself is a bore. Zeus is a false god made up to deceive people from following the true God. I don't hate Zeus, as he is nothing. I do hate the one who made him up, however.

Tsk tsk tsk. Even over the internet, you are a terrible liar (that's not necessaily a bad thing, BTW). The "lmao" smiley really gave you away, as well as the false increduality. Why are you here? You, a devout Christian, comes into a forum, a den of athiestic wolves, and you take abuse and get shot down each time in debates like these. And yet you stay. There can be no other reason for your being here then to "witness to the fallen."

However, I must compliment you on your resiliancy when arguing against us. Unlike certain other Apologists (cough cough Amy Marie) you actually put forward well-constructed arguments, and not revert to some "Faith conquers all, pal" bullshit.

To the Christians - The Bible says "My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge". I have come to the conclusion that just saying "have faith" is not enough for a hard core atheist.

Correct. Because there's too many kinds of them, it's hard to chose from thousands of religions and thousands of Christian denominations.

Lets say you managed to convert me, which kind of Christian Church should I go to?

I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious.

Eh... well that's you, but not me... I don't hate God, and I don't get furious about "have faith" comments, but it does bother me when people say "believe in the Holy Unicorn or you will go to the rotten lingon berry pit."

If you hated God when you were not a Christian, then you were not a not a Christian (intentionally double negative). Because how the ***FUCK*** can you believe in God and hate him and yet claim you don't believe in him? How many brain cells are floating around in your skull? Three?

Do you hate Santa Claus, and Unicorns, and ... oh-oh... You Cute Bunny Hater!!! You hate The Holy Cute Bunny! I knew it! There's so much proof that the Holy Cute Bunny created this world, and you hate her! Blasphemer! :vent:

It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either.

Correct. A personal testimony doesn't help considering that I could give one too.

I've been on two mission trips. I evangelized from door to door in the city I lived in for a year. I went to Bible school. And a lot more stuff that I just don't feel like telling you, because it really doesn't matter. You plug your ears with your fingers and sing la-la-la-la and think it will impress us. (sarc)Oh, yeah! I'm so impressed! Scott can sing with his fingers in his ears. Hence God must be REAL!!!(/sarc)

I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch.

Exactly. I don't want to become a witch either... and I have spoken to one too. Sooooo.... that means that we agree on something. Amazing isn't it? Doesn't it give you warm feelings inside?

Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

HAHAHA!!! :lmao: Okay, dude, (is it okay I call you dude?)... 2000 years of "trying to make a sound case for Christianity" isn't enough? You need to study a little about the history of Christianity yourself, to understand how shaky your religion really is.

This reminds me of the kids movie, The Little Engine, I know I can, I know I can, I know I can...

But here it is I believe I can prove it, I believe I can prove it. And humanity and the world is waiting for you Scott. We are waiting for someone to finally give the Ultimate Proof of Gods existence and Jesus as the Son of God and the Savior.

We're still waiting...

Anything yet?

God Bless

May the Cute Bunny cuddle you with her soft ears.

FYI, there are people/members on this site that were Christians, and set out to prove Christianity to other Non-Christians and ended up de-converted.

On this site we have:

- Ex-pastors

- Ex-preachers

- Ex-seminary-theologians

- Ex-worship-song-writers

- Ex-missionaries

- Ex-musicians

Do you starting to see a picture here? Does the truth start nagging your tail a bit?

I believe I can prove the existence of God and Jesus as being the Christ. IF God is real, and IF Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, then we can go by His teachings to see if heaven, hell, angels, and demons are real.

Wow... you certainly are feeling ambitious today, aren't you? You will have my absolute, utmost respect for having accomplished what not one human since the beginning of time has been able to do! I wait with great excitment for you proving God to the whole world.

BTW, If Christianity could be proved, then it wouldn’t require faith. Proof does not require faith. Period.

Hans, I saw the Cute Bunny once in a vision.

She will return with Justice and Retribution!

Hans, I saw the Cute Bunny once in a vision.

She will return with Justice and Retribution!

Almond to that Brother.

The Cute Bunny is Swift and Just, and all the unbelievers will be put in the Eternal Fox Holes, and we'll see many Christians there, but there won't be any Atheists in the Fox Holes for sure. It will be so, to fulfill the prophecy No Atheists in Fox Holes. :grin:

I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious. It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either. I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch. Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

Scott, you remind me of that kid in high school who would say anything and do anything to be accepted. You're basically saying we should go easy on you because you were once an agnostic. No dice. Also, you say that you "hated God." Strange, I have heard that phrase more from born-again Christians than from hardcore agnostics or other non-Christians. It may be fashionable to say you hated God before you found Jeezus to your friends, and it may win you sympathy from your Christian fellows, but its just all bull. How can you hate God if you don't believe in him?

Alright then. But do you know how many people set out to disprove Christianity and became Christians?

I was once a skilled apologist for the Christian religion. People actually complemented me for my debating skills. The thing is, once you step away from the fold to actually face your detractors, you learn from them. I deconverted partly because in arguing for the faith, I saw what hypocrasies and inconsistancies there were. I think there are more deconversions then there are conversions to Christianity.

Tsk tsk tsk. Even over the internet, you are a terrible liar (that's not necessaily a bad thing, BTW). The "lmao" smiley really gave you away, as well as the false increduality. Why are you here? You, a devout Christian, comes into a forum, a den of athiestic wolves, and you take abuse and get shot down each time in debates like these. And yet you stay. There can be no other reason for your being here then to "witness to the fallen."

However, I must compliment you on your resiliancy when arguing against us. Unlike certain other Apologists (cough cough Amy Marie) you actually put forward well-constructed arguments, and not revert to some "Faith conquers all, pal" bullshit.

I don't know about you, but I'm not so much of a "want to be accepted", socially deprived imbecile that I would need the acceptance of people I don't even know. People who have denied the Faith, nonetheless. Your words are useless to me, because you have been blinded by the god of this world {2 Cor. 4:4}. Of course, since you first believed, yet denied the Faith, you might be blinded forever.

Yes, I believed in God and foolishly hated him. The Bible calls anyone who is not with Him against Him. And that means you are a hater of God.

Oh, and I don't witness to people who deliberately deny the Faith. That is definately not my job, or the job of any Christian.

God Bless

One of the cardinal sins of exploring the proofs (or lack thereof) of a particular position is to first commit oneself to the position under exploration (Christianity in your case) before performing all the necessary research, which amounts to the logical fallacy of predetermining the conclusion. That is to say, one locks onto evidence or proofs that support his position and only his position, thereby locking out relevant evidence and proofs to the contrary. Hence, this is a case of concocting mere propoganda in favor of a pet ideology rather than engaging in credible truth-seeking aka apologetics! And in light of your comments, you are guilty of this cardinal sin against sound reasoning.

After all, you readily admit that you are not yet fully aware of all the proofs in support of Christianity--that you must engage in an extensive amount of study to discover as such. Therein lies the problem. How, in the name of objective truth, can you so confidently assume that Christianity is the absolute truth without first conducting the necessary research--research that is not fixed to render a predetermined conclusion. No wonder your faith will be stronger as a result of your "studies"; you've unjustly stacked the deck in its favor. In another words, you've already decided to intellectually cheat! I'm persuaded that I speak for most ex-christians who frequent this forum in asserting that, consequently, you will fail to ever earn an ounce of intellectual respect here; especially among people who've come to recognize that any claims to absolute truth, whether it be Christianity or any other philosophy/religion, constititute the height of intellectual pretension.

I don't know about you, but I'm not so much of a "want to be accepted", socially deprived imbecile that I would need the acceptance of people I don't even know. People who have denied the Faith, nonetheless. Your words are useless to me, because you have been blinded by the god of this world {2 Cor. 4:4}. Of course, since you first believed, yet denied the Faith, you might be blinded forever.

Yes, I believed in God and foolishly hated him. The Bible calls anyone who is not with Him against Him. And that means you are a hater of God.

Oh, and I don't witness to people who deliberately deny the Faith. That is definately not my job, or the job of any Christian.

This is the whole point. You are not here to learn anything. Your mind is already made up. Good for you! You are not going to think about anything we have to say, nor are you even going to try to understand.

Your posts are arrogant and reek with superiority. You obviously think you are better than we are.

If you are not here to try to reconvert us...why are you still here? Is it a freak show for you?

and what's with all the bolds?

This is the whole point. You are not here to learn anything. Your mind is already made up. Good for you! You are not going to think about anything we have to say, nor are you even going to try to understand.

Your posts are arrogant and reek with superiority. You obviously think you are better than we are.

If you are not here to try to reconvert us...why are you still here? Is it a freak show for you?

and what's with all the bolds?

Right back at ya...

Right back at ya...

You expect us to just take your word for it.

Do you have an advanced degree in religious studies like some here do?

Have you spent decades studying Christianity like many of us have?

Have you read the Bible in different languages and compared the two, like some of us have?

Have you even taken any college courses in religion?

Would you go into an college honors English class only grasping the basics and debate with the teacher about your knowledge of English?

That is exactly what you are doing here.