Goodbye Jesus

My People Are Destroyed By Lack Of Knowledge

Scott

Right back at ya...

You expect us to just take your word for it.

Do you have an advanced degree in religious studies like some here do?

Have you spent decades studying Christianity like many of us have?

Have you read the Bible in different languages and compared the two, like some of us have?

Have you even taken any college courses in religion?

Would you go into an college honors English class only grasping the basics and debate with the teacher about your knowledge of English?

That is exactly what you are doing here.

I have studied Scripture and Prophecy for a long time, and I will go on to Seminary; but I do not claim to know more than some of the people here. To whom much is given, much is required. The fact that you have studied the Scriptures so much, and you have studied it over and over and in other languages, and you see the world around you and what God created....What do you expect on the Day of Judgement? For those who know as much about Him and Christianity as many of you here do, God will be harsh at the time of His judgement. There will be absolutely no excuse on that Day for those who know as much about Scripture as many of you do, yet deny the Faith.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott

• KT45

• Ramen666

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have studied Scripture and Prophecy for a long time,

I still would like to know what the hell that means anyway?

and I will go on to Seminary; but I do not claim to know more than some of the people here. To whom much is given, much is required. The fact that you have studied the Scriptures so much, and you have studied it over and over and in other languages, and you see the world around you and what God created....What do you expect on the Day of Judgement? For those who know as much about Him and Christianity as many of you here do, God will be harsh at the time of His judgement. There will be absolutely no excuse on that Day for those who know as much about Scripture as many of you do, yet deny the Faith.

First of all, is that the best you can offer: Scare tactics??? :lmao: Son... the day of judgment came and went, and with it the fall of religion. It's already a corpse but just hasn't fallen over yet. I warn you son... you go ahead into seminary, and one of two things will happen: you will either get good grades for being able to parrot back a list of stock apologies that may work on your average Joe citizen in his suburban homeland who doesn't know much about the Bible or any real thought outside of who's playing football on the bigscreen tonight; or you will learn to use your mind and learn to think and reason for yourself like I did. If you do the latter, there is much promise for you actually finding real meaning in life. If not you will be a parrot-boy who mindlessly repeats phrases and sound bites that impress children and non-thinkers and nothing more.

You will be a self-limited dwarf in a world of giants; a clown in a bozo custom in the middle of a nobel prize community; A laughing stock of a throw back from the ages of superstition who presumes knowledge is the eqivalnt of parroting arguments. The choice is yours kid: Think for yourself, or be blind for life.

Scott, I don't mean to come across as superior or arrogant. However you do come across to me as being a young... a very young... know it all.

Scott you are only 18. The same age I am. I think that these people know what they are talking about. They are much more smarter than you and have degree's. You should not only listen to your pastor. Listen to these people what they are tring to say. You sound so naive its not healthy.Their are preachers,scholars ,proffessors. A lot of people were Christians longer than you then left it. A lot more people been through hell and been betrayed by religion and lied to. Quit acting like a know it all please Scott. Respect these people on here.

I have studied Scripture and Prophecy for a long time,

I still would like to know what the hell that means anyway?

and I will go on to Seminary; but I do not claim to know more than some of the people here. To whom much is given, much is required. The fact that you have studied the Scriptures so much, and you have studied it over and over and in other languages, and you see the world around you and what God created....What do you expect on the Day of Judgement? For those who know as much about Him and Christianity as many of you here do, God will be harsh at the time of His judgement. There will be absolutely no excuse on that Day for those who know as much about Scripture as many of you do, yet deny the Faith.

First of all, is that the best you can offer: Scare tactics??? :lmao: Son... the day of judgment came and went, and with it the fall of religion. It's already a corpse but just hasn't fallen over yet. I warn you son... you go ahead into seminary, and one of two things will happen: you will either get good grades for being able to parrot back a list of stock apologies that may work on your average Joe citizen in his suburban homeland who doesn't know much about the Bible or any real thought outside of who's playing football on the bigscreen tonight; or you will learn to use your mind and learn to think and reason for yourself like I did. If you do the latter, there is much promise for you actually finding real meaning in life. If not you will be a parrot-boy who mindlessly repeats phrases and sound bites that impress children and non-thinkers and nothing more.

You will be a self-limited dwarf in a world of giants; a clown in a bozo custom in the middle of a nobel prize community; A laughing stock of a throw back from the ages of superstition who presumes knowledge is the eqivalnt of parroting arguments. The choice is yours kid: Think for yourself, or be blind for life.

Call it scare tactics if you will, but it is going to happen. It's funny about the last part of your post, "or be blind for life". You say we are blind, yet the Bible says you are blind. I think I'm gonna have to go with the Bible, there.

Scott, I don't mean to come across as superior or arrogant. However you do come across to me as being a young... a very young... know it all.

I don't mean to sound like a "know it all" either. But what is considered being a know it all.

Call it scare tactics if you will, but it is going to happen. It's funny about the last part of your post, "or be blind for life". You say we are blind, yet the Bible says you are blind. I think I'm gonna have to go with the Bible, there.

Scott quit being a parrot of the Bible. It is scare tactics that's all it is. Scott argue once by thinking on your own and not what gawd says or the bible says what to do. Why can't you be moral without the bible. Why can't you think without the Bible? Is it that hard to live your life without a book telling how to live. Can't you do it on your own? Are you that weak of a person to follow a book 2000 years old created by un educated men.

Scott you are only 18. The same age I am. I think that these people know what they are talking about. They are much more smarter than you and have degree's. You should not only listen to your pastor. Listen to these people what they are tring to say. You sound so naive its not healthy.Their are preachers,scholars ,proffessors. A lot of people were Christians longer than you then left it. A lot more people been through hell and been betrayed by religion and lied to. Quit acting like a know it all please Scott. Respect these people on here.

I don't think they do know what they are talking about. Degrees in religion mean nothing if you don't have the Bible to back it up. Yes, I am going to listen to my Pastor. He has intelligence and godly wisdom, honestly, like I have never seen. You know what you sound like to me, Ramen? You sound like a spoiled little brat who had trouble with his little girlfriend, so you got pissed off at God. Please, do grow up.

You sound like a spoiled little brat who had trouble with his little girlfriend, so you got pissed off at God. Please, do grow up.
Scott, the above is called an ad hominem. If insulting the Ex-C members is the best you can do, it makes a mighty poor case for the philosophy you're allegedly promoting.

And I really did not appreciate your earlier remarks about Zeus being a false god, either. If I were you I would not be so rash as to go around dissing Athena's dad.

Don't even get me started on Odin... :woohoo:

scott,

i could so smoke your preacher. and not because i got some religion degrees. i read the bible and found that it had contradicitons. i learned to read koine greek and found out that the New Testament has been mistranslated. i felt "the presence of God" and found out that it was all part of my psychology. i understood that i was a christian largely because of where i was born because if I was born in arabia then i'd have been a muslim (or now an ex-muslim).

i figured out that religion is a cultural system subject to the arbitrary forces of history and that powerful people use religion to keep themselves in power.... how much would your church care about you if you stopped giving your 10%?

I don't think they do know what they are talking about. Degrees in religion mean nothing if you don't have the Bible to back it up. Yes, I am going to listen to my Pastor. He has intelligence and godly wisdom, honestly, like I have never seen. You know what you sound like to me, Ramen? You sound like a spoiled little brat who had trouble with his little girlfriend, so you got pissed off at God. Please, do grow up.

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DAMN FUCKER GET THE FUCKIN HELL OUT OF HERE YOU FUCKIN BITCH. QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERYONE! YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND QUIT BELIEVING THE BOOGY MAN NAMED GOD. GOD YOU FUCKIN ASS HOLE! I DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE I SAW SOMEONE DIE OF CANCER AND HE NEVER HELPED. I SEEN PAIN IN THE WORLD THE PEOPLE BURNING TO DEATH IN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER, THE HOLOCAUST, HURRICANE KATRINA. WHERE WAS GOD? WHERE THE HELL WAS GOD? ANY OF THOSE TIMES!WHERE WAS HE IN YOUR FUCKING MIND! WITH YOUR CHRISTIAN FRIENDS! WHERE THE FUCKIN HELL WAS GOD! SCOTT YOU NEED TO GROW UP AND QUIT BELIEVING IN YOUR IMAGINARY FRIEND.. LISTEN TO YOUR SELF ACTING LIKE A BITCH THAT IS A KNOW IT ALL. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME AND LIVED ME LIFE! YOU DON'T KNOW THINGS I GO THROUGH.

All I said was show some respect..now you did it. Totally denounced my life and it has no meaning. I was going to show respect you but I have no more for you at all. Totally saying our belifs are crap and you are the only one that matters because you believe in God. I will never be a Christian again and you are the people I hate. You crossed the border now Scott. I wish Hell exsisted so you would rot in it.

Crunk Bishop, you don't even know my Pastor.

Ramen? You got that out of your system, now? God has always been here; all those horrible times. He can give us peace in the midst of distress. In fact, these are the days just before the return of Jesus, so this is the time we need to cling to Him the most. On the Day of Judgment, He will pay back in full what the wickedness of this world has done. You tell me to show some respect, yet people around here continuely bash Christians? Yeah, ya gotta show respect to get respect. Also, if I went to Hell, I wouldn't rot in it, I would be annihilated. As everyone who goes to Hell will be annihilated.

scott,

i might not know the preacher but i know the sermon.

To the Christians - The Bible says "My people are destroyed by lack of knowledge". I have come to the conclusion that just saying "have faith" is not enough for a hard core atheist. I know that phrase was bogus to me when I wasn't a Christian. I hated God more than anything and people just saying "Have faith" made me furious. It's possible that a personal testimony isn't enough either. I know witches who have a "personal testimony" but that doesn't make me want to become a witch. Perhaps we need more knowledge of history and whatnot to make a sound case for Christianity.

To the Non-Christians - I believe with everything that is in me that Christianity is true. Regardless of all the debates about the timing of the rapture or if hell is symbolic or not; all the theological debates. I also believe it can be proven. It will take a long time to read and study all the things I can to prove Christianity is true, but it is possible. I believe it is, I think I can prove it, and I believe my faith will be stronger after I do prove it.

God Bless

You "believe" Christianity is true but believing something is true is not the same as "knowing" something is true.

I am no longer a Christian because I became convinced it is nothing more than born again paganistic superstition.

Such a belief system has all the finger prints of the superstitious humans who invented it for a political and religious agenda for the purpose of control and indoctrination.

Can you get it through your thick scull it's not the signs of the end times. Tradgey has been happening forever its not new. There has been chaos forever quit throwing in these end times things please. So God is not moral in those times people were burning in the WTC to death. How could he be there he didn't save them. THEY DIED AND BURNED TO DEATH THEN THE BUILDING COLLASPED WITH PEOPLE INSIDE. There is NO God watching over me or anyone. He could of at least kept the building standing. But it fell killing many people at that time. He was not there...he was never there for me whn I needed him the most. How could you follow this crap scott. HOW? Its psychological thats all it is.

Scott, what has YHWH done in your life that would lead you to believe that he exist that unbelievers couldn't experience without YHWH in their life?

God has always been here; all those horrible times.
Like the days of the alleged flood. Like the genocide of the Amakalite people. Like the Holocaust. Ya, right, gotcha.
He can give us peace in the midst of distress.
Yes, the grave is very peaceful indeed.
On the Day of Judgment, He will pay back in full what the wickedness of this world has done.
Well, alrighty then! Your god can start the festivities by throwing itself into the annihilation of Hell for the crimes it has committed against humanity.
You tell me to show some respect, yet people around here continuely bash Christians?
You, sir, are a hostile alien on our turf. I find your complaint ironic in light of all the shit you left on our nice clean carpets. Fardu i rassgat, hálfviti.

Crunk Bishop, you don't know anything about me, the church I go to, or the denomination. So what are you talking about?

Edward, I am a Christian because I became convinced that Christianity is the truth.

Ramen, it is the signs of the time. He could come back at any moment. God is truly just, and He has given us free will. He has given us free will about everything. I'm sure people in those tragedies went home to be with the Father.

Taylork, I don't know the people on this forum, and I don't know why they feel God wasn't there for them. I just know my own experiences and God has been there for me and my family through some very difficult times.

God has always been here; all those horrible times.
Like the days of the alleged flood. Like the genocide of the Amakalite people. Like the Holocaust. Ya, right, gotcha.
He can give us peace in the midst of distress.
Yes, the grave is very peaceful indeed.
On the Day of Judgment, He will pay back in full what the wickedness of this world has done.
Well, alrighty then! Your god can start the festivities by throwing itself into the annihilation of Hell for the crimes it has committed against humanity.[quote]You tell me to show some respect, yet people around here continuely bash Christians?
You, sir, are a hostile alien on our turf. I find your complaint ironic in light of all the shit you left on our nice clean carpets. Fardu i rassgat, hálfviti.

He doesn't commit crimes. We are the ones worthy of death, not Him. Who are we to judge the Judge of the universe?

scott,

does it matter where you go to church or what denomination it is or who your pastor is?

it's all the same First "i'm not worthy" "jesus save me" "praise gawd i got a band-aid for my wounded psyche" Church, no matter what color the door is.

Taylork, I don't know the people on this forum, and I don't know why they feel God wasn't there for them. I just know my own experiences and God has been there for me and my family through some very difficult times.

What specifically have you experienced that would lead you to believe YHWH exist that couldn't have any other possible explaination?

scott,

does it matter where you go to church or what denomination it is or who your pastor is?

it's all the same First "i'm not worthy" "jesus save me" "praise gawd i got a band-aid for my wounded psyche" Church, no matter what color the door is.

Yes it is. And it is right that it is. It is biblical. We are not worthy of the love of Jesus, yet He freely gives it and offers it.

exactly then... i'm glad you see that I do know what I'm talking about....

We are not worthy of the love of Jesus, yet He freely gives it and offers it.
That is the very lie that makes the cult of Christianity fit only for the dustbin. There is not, and never was, any such thing as Original Sin. We are entitled to all the love that finds us in our all-too-short lives, and woe betide any man or woman who teaches otherwise.

He doesn't commit crimes. We are the ones worthy of death, not Him. Who are we to judge the Judge of the universe?
I do, in this very moment. And you are fucking powerless to stop me.

Doesn't Scott have to go to sleep? He'll miss church in the morning!!!

Doesn't Scott have to go to sleep? He'll miss church in the morning!!!

ha ha! :P

btw: great job so far on the FAQ, Taylor.

Well, I dunno about Scott, but me is wired. I went to open-mike night and indulged in several caffeine-based beverages. Just call me the Energizer Bunny.