Goodbye Jesus

What Happens When You Die?

WakingUp

And, they miss the real thing that's right in front of their eyes.

"It's like a finger pointing to the moon. (child looks at finger instead of moon so bruce slaps head) Don't look at the finger or you will miss all it's heavenly glory" - Bruce Lee

-Edit- Christians are so busy looking for heaven in a book. All they have to is stop looking at the book, look up and see the beautiful world in all it's glory.

Taylork, from the link you provided:

My experience has been that when an atheist tells me they don't believe in God, they really mean they don't believe in the Christian God or any God from any religion. From the NDE perspective, I can agree with this. Many atheists reject a spirit world for one reason or another and they generally do so because they have a strict scientific perspective of reality. Many scientific atheists devote their entire life studying the laws of nature and, to them, this may be their form of divine devotion whether they know it or not. In fact, because of this, I submit to you that a large percentage of such scientists are closer to spirituality than many religionists.

Apparently, I'm an atheist.

Christians are so busy looking for heaven in a book. All they have to is stop looking at the book, look up and see the beautiful world in all it's glory.

Amen.

What would really be awesome would be that if we aren't expecting anything special to happen after we die and it turns out to be the best place ever! Even better than living on earth. I could handle that. :grin:

When you Croak in the Spook, that's it. You cease to exist.

Guest Praise Jebus

Indeed, its rather simple really, when you die, that's it. In fact we are, to put it bluntly, forms constructed of elements, and our "life" as we call it is just a name for the behavior of the elements that make us up. Regardless of this however, we still are here, better or for worse. The sooner mankind can stop killing himself to go to a non existent "paradise", the sooner we can start building a "paradise" here. I'm afraid the Christians and others can continue to play there annoying little salvation game until we finally realize this.

Either that or when we die we go to a giant Richard Dawkins shrine where we can sing praises in his all knowing name. Im really good with either :) Cheers.