Goodbye Jesus

ExC-blog --Jesus Camp

webmdave

Oh my god! That is some frightening shit!

Talk about brainwashing, listen to the kid (maybe 10 or 11 years old) who says "At five I got saved... because I just wanted more of life."

So, this kid thought he was washed up at the age of 5? Sheesh!

And... There are only 2 kinds of people in the world, huh?

Guest Loghann

Not only did that really freak me out for obvious reasons (brainwashed little kids, psycho adults, etc) but the last video on the site is interviewing a little girl from Lee's Summit, MO. I was born and raised there. Now I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I could have known her family.

Creepy.

aka Extremist-Psycho-Cult-Leader-Training-Camp that will change the world through more violence, hatered and immorality. Poor kids, getting brainwashed like that. They have no defense, and they get emotionally manipulated into acting and believing like the fundamentalist adults. No wonder it's so hard to get through the skull of some fundamentalists we talk to. With this kind of mental manipulation from birth, the meme becomes so strongly attached to their own identities.

I remeber going to Bible camp when I was a kid. One of the games we played was the secret police game. The object of the games was for Chrisitains (the kids) to get to a secret meeting place for worship while the camp councilers played the secret police trying to stop the Christian faith and persecute them. The whole exercise was obviously geared to engender the us vs them mentality and make Chrisitianity seem like it was in danger of extinction by the forces of eveil.

I remeber going to Bible camp when I was a kid. One of the games we played was the secret police game. The object of the games was for Chrisitains (the kids) to get to a secret meeting place for worship while the camp councilers played the secret police trying to stop the Christian faith and persecute them. The whole exercise was obviously geared to engender the us vs them mentality and make Chrisitianity seem like it was in danger of extinction by the forces of eveil.

How silly... How sad.

For the sake of my sanity, I haven't seen the clips. My heart really goes out to these poor, poor kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this commercial on tv last night...I thik I was watching the Daily Show of all things. This little girl was going on about dead churches and how God likes to go to churches where the people are screaming and jumping up and down. I seriously panicked! I stared at the screen in wide-eyed horror, then scrambled around frantically for the remote, thinking that I had somehow accidentally switched the channel. All the while I was thinking, Hell! Did that used to be me?? And sadly, it did. The camp in the mountains, the constant singing, the naive belief of how I was suppose to be "on fire for Christ"....*shudder* That commercial was nothing short of horrific.

Going to see a free screening of this documentary at the Laemle Center here in L.A. next Thursday at 7:30 P.M. There's an atheist Meet-Up group that I joined that found out about it and spread the word. Can't wait...but a little nauseated already just from seeing the trailer.