Goodbye Jesus

Free Inquiry podcast -Ibn Warraq - Why I Am Not a Muslim

webmdave

• Admin

Ibn Warraq is the author of a number of books, including Why I Am Not A Muslim, considered among the most important critical looks at the negative aspects of Islam today. He is an outspoken critic of Islam who has written extensively on what he views as the oppressive nature of Islam and religion in general.Since the publication of Why I Am Not A Muslim, Ibn Warraq has appeared often in the media, including C-SPAN, National Public Radio, Canadian radio, the Washington Post, and the New York Times, in addition to consulting with Washington, D.C. think tanks, speech-writers for President Bush, international NGOs and the Center for Inquiry.In this interview, he discusses his problems with Islam, and why he argues Islam is incompatible with the democratic values of the West.Also in this episode, Tom Flynn presents Did You Know? breezing facts and figures about Islam, Mormonism, secular humanism, and paranormal belief in America and Benjamin Radford, in his regular segment, Media Mythmakers, casts a critical eye on blogosphere journalism. Also, in the first of a three part series entitled Can You Be Good Without God? Paul Kurtz explores the real origin of morality.http://pointofinquiry.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=46065#