Goodbye Jesus

The Average Human...

Warrior_of_god

What does the average human do for the betterment of their race as a whole? We are humans but were split. were Russian or Chinese or American or Hindu or Arab, Chriatian whatever. Everyone has their own interests, their own...agendas... Can we not find 2 that at least interlock? The average citizen does almost zilch for the betterment of humanity as a whole. he/she dosent go kill terrorists, ownly cowers, talks big, or says that its bad and someone should do something about it.

All over the world we go to school to get jobs to pay bills only to have those bills come again so we have to work again. Why? Working at Wal-mart (as I do) or some other company probably is not going to help a single human being very much let alone humanity. If a single man like Carlos the Jackel can run around being a terrorist and be feared because the average person dosent want to go out of their way to stop them what hope do we have?

I dont mean to sound nihilistic but humanity dosent seem very good from this viewpoint, maybe, as a whole, it neverhas been.

I think I just covered like 4 different subjects that may or may not go together. Sorry. ;)

Only a few people in all of humanity are capable of stepping into the breach, so to speak, without immediate need. I know I can be a very dymanic leader, but only if no one else steps up. Otherwise, I'm content to be a background character. Thats why humans are hierarchal animals, or maybe we're hierarchal because we can't all be leaders.

Additionally, people tend to want to accomplish their goals with as little conflict as possible. That means that if you can stay alive under the heel of another, or risk death fighting to get that heel off you, statistically, humans are more likely to choose the former, unless there is little to no risk in fighting. That may be why we venerate the people who violate that statistic; there are so few.

Here is what we as humans want to protect in order.

1. You (numbers 1, 2, and 3 switch depending on person)

2. Your kids

3. Your spouse

4. Your relatives

5. Your friends

6. Your neighborhood (your land)

7. Your government (this protects the previous ones)

8. Your Species

9. Your environment

Some people place different things in different order but a majority focus mostly on number one. Now the reason most people don't go all willy nilly to save the world is because they feel like the things at the top of the list arent' being affected. People will always be more quick to attack when someone attacks there child over someone causing mass genocide in Uganda. Unless you possess a strong altruistic nature then saving humanity from all of it's problems won't be top on your list.

Mmmm....it takes 'balls' to make a stand against popular consensus....even on a very small scale like a chatroom.

Yeah...I agree talk is cheap.

There have been individuals who make a difference...

ie...Truth, purity, self-control, firmness, fearlessness, humility, unity, peace, and renunciation — These are the inherent qualities of a civil resister.

— Mahatma Gandhi

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

— Mahatma Gandhi

:grin:

What does the average human do for the betterment of their race as a whole? We are humans but were split. were Russian or Chinese or American or Hindu or Arab, Chriatian whatever. Everyone has their own interests, their own...agendas... Can we not find 2 that at least interlock? The average citizen does almost zilch for the betterment of humanity as a whole. he/she dosent go kill terrorists, ownly cowers, talks big, or says that its bad and someone should do something about it.

All over the world we go to school to get jobs to pay bills only to have those bills come again so we have to work again. Why? Working at Wal-mart (as I do) or some other company probably is not going to help a single human being very much let alone humanity. If a single man like Carlos the Jackel can run around being a terrorist and be feared because the average person dosent want to go out of their way to stop them what hope do we have?

I dont mean to sound nihilistic but humanity dosent seem very good from this viewpoint, maybe, as a whole, it neverhas been.

I think I just covered like 4 different subjects that may or may not go together. Sorry. ;)

Ishmael is the answer!

I agree, it does take balls to satnd out from the crowd, but one would think that for the betterment of huamnity, or at least a part of humanity, the risk would be worth it. I for onem could never live under the heel of someone else. Sometimes even normal rules and regs get to me but normally im fine with them.

As for Ishmael, nice.

I agree, it does take balls to satnd out from the crowd, but one would think that for the betterment of huamnity, or at least a part of humanity, the risk would be worth it. I for onem could never live under the heel of someone else. Sometimes even normal rules and regs get to me but normally im fine with them.

I agree. The sticky detail here comes in the variation between each individual's size definition of the word "part."

For myself, that extends basically to those people I know personally and can actually do something to help in the event of an unfortunate occurance. It's all well and good to say "I'm here for you" to someone halfway across the world (or even the continent), but realistically speaking, unless you're a multi-billionaire there's nothing you can actually do that would in any way affect that person.

In reference to something else Chef has promoted in the past, it ties into the idea of the monkeysphere. Sure it may not be as "nice" as some people might like it to be, but I believe I'm simply being more honest about the realities of life.

WoG...

Try something simple.....

Head down to your local Volunteer staffed Firehouse and get onboard.

Want to make a difference? Then learn to head in to situations calmly and ready to work when *everyone else* is running and screaming outbound.

When it is Time and you and Crew get the callout, go make that difference in time and space that will be appreciated.

Want to get a bigger kick out of making a difference? Do Emergency Medical Services and Rescue work. Doing so brings you right to the nitty gritty part of what makes a difference between acute life and death for others.

Don't need a gun, armored vehicles, or the sanction of a power mad Admin to go out and make a difference..

I did so for a long assed time, and will say that EMS is the high point of the various things done for a living and *forthefuckofit*.

Aint'a for sissies..

kFL

I agree. The sticky detail here comes in the variation between each individual's size definition of the word "part."

For myself, that extends basically to those people I know personally and can actually do something to help in the event of an unfortunate occurance. It's all well and good to say "I'm here for you" to someone halfway across the world (or even the continent), but realistically speaking, unless you're a multi-billionaire there's nothing you can actually do that would in any way affect that person.

I agree. No one can "save" the world, not even Bill Gates. Guess the best you can do is be a good person and help the ones that you can. Yeah people are selfish and we have our shit that we want to do but I don't see it as a bad thing. Yeah maybe it sounds depressing having life be so hard, having to pay bills, and having this life be it, but there are things you can do to make your situation better. As for me, I'm just trying to enjoy the ride and do the best with the cards that I have.

As for me, I'm just trying to enjoy the ride and do the best with the cards that I have.

I think thats the best answer ive seen.