Goodbye Jesus

Being An Atheist "anywhere" Isn't That Easy.

snookums

I've had a really hard time with the damn article....I'm not a local and have to read material more or less second hand - online.

Its taken my awhile to "get it' - Opps!

that this is crap....click to read the rest

This is a good summary of what Newsweek adn the author Jerry Adler have to offer...http://www.therevealer.org/archives/timeless_002055.php

what a fuckup! :Doh:

I don't have any trouble being an atheist...

I thought you didn't want to associate yourself with the negative stigma of being an atheist which is why you called yourself a radian objectiviest (sorry if I go the title wrong.)

Yeah.....but it does take "balls' to run against the popular consensus. I'd like to think I have enough 'danglies'... to do that... :HaHa: (metaphorically speaking)

Like Sam ....I believe its crap to buckle and conform to some social rules of what is 'polite' and what isn't .....As far as I'm concerned........No belief is out of reach....including religious ones.

I don't have any trouble being an atheist...

I thought you didn't want to associate yourself with the negative stigma of being an atheist which is why you called yourself a radian objectiviest (sorry if I go the title wrong.)

No, that's why amethyst doesn't call herself an atheist but an agnostic.

I call myself an objectivist because that is the philosophy I hold to. Objectivism is an atheistic system of belief.

If I didn't want the negative stigma, I wouldn't have the Atheist symbol attached to my name. It's a negative belief...that is, it's the rejection of a belief system. I also have a positive belief system. Atheism tells people what I'm not, Objectivism tells people what I am.