Goodbye Jesus

Christ Consciousness

Guest Unity

Unity,

What you may fail to realize is that Atheists, pagans, and others do follow their subconscious mind. Otherwise they wouldn't have left the christian cult.

What you call "Christ consciousness" is just the ability a person has to listen to oneself. From that point of view, atheists are much more conscious than the religious I know. I can't understand why you have to make it so complicated. Your clinical, foggy language makes your ideas difficult to follow. But that's OK. Many ex-christians on this site are very good at listening to themselves--and are, therefore, highly conscious.

Everyone lives their own life. The only thing stopping you from not living the way you want is yourself. Ideas of unity will not stop anyone from living their life the way they want. You can think the way you want too. When two people give an idea, the idea is either accepted or not. If accepted the person leaves with an extra idea that he/she makes their own and if one does not accept the idea nothing is lost. Have fun on your path, may bliss guide you to your destination.

i think my "christ consciousness" wants a cheeseburger!

or maybe some matzos.

My post were not about unity the person. I threw out ideas and the person was attacked. I think ideas change, develope and grow with discussion and dialogue. Yes, the ideas should be attacked that way they evolve. I don't think we are posting to make friends, but to exchange ideas so we can all grow together in a rational approach. This means picking apart the ideas and either countering them or expanding on them. The person posting is not the subject of the post.

I think it has to do with the way you present it to us. You don't separtate yourself from your statements.

If your purpose is to start a dialouge and a discussion than you should present it that way. It would be more helpful that instead of making a statement, and thus your intention misinterpreted, you could ask questions to open up a discussion.

My post were not about unity the person.

Your approach to talking with us was about your agenda, not us a people.

I threw out ideas and the person was attacked.

You spammed us, and the person who was spamming us, twice now, was attacked as a result of their actions. I've been nice so far in explaining this to you. Your responses are less than admirable.

I think ideas change, develope and grow with discussion and dialogue. Yes, the ideas should be attacked that way they evolve.

I love ideas! I rarely attack ideas, but will always challenge them to test them and see if they hold value or not.

I don't think we are posting to make friends, but to exchange ideas so we can all grow together in a rational approach.

It's called polite society friend. No one likes a Vacuum Cleaner Salesman spewing his sales pitch in a discussion forum. It's just plain rude. I can't be clearer than that about it. This is a community here and everyone is welcome to come in a share and discuss their thoughts. Somehow, out of the hundreds of encounters with a wide variety of individuals who enter into discussions here, you seem like a spammer selling something. I stand by that, and I think there is many here who see it this way too.

This means picking apart the ideas and either countering them or expanding on them. The person posting is not the subject of the post.

The person posting is part of the discussion, and if there is any hope of meaningful dialog then the person must bring with him the respect of others that comes in polite discussion. Next you choose to come here, if you do, maybe try leaving your bag of products you’re selling at the door and come in for some honest dialog. I'm more than willing and happy to discuss ideas, but not to be pitched an angle on some cult. Set down your product and be a regular old person like the rest of us.

Christians have a problem with Christ consciousness and ex-Christians have the same problem, but I think the words are different. Christians don't like consciousness and ex-Christians don't like the word Christ. These words have a lot of power and they are free no one is selling them. Can anyone accept them with or without fries?

Fry-Consciousness?

Christians have a problem with Christ consciousness and ex-Christians have the same problem, but I think the words are different. Christians don't like consciousness and ex-Christians don't like the word Christ. These words have a lot of power and they are free no one is selling them. Can anyone accept them with or without fries?

Damn straight we don't like the word 'christ' around these parts, or we'd all still be xtians instead of agnostics, heretics, pagans and atheists. Duh.

What part of ex-christian is giving you trouble, dumbass? If you were peddling Transcendental Meditation, would you take it to a site called Ex-Buddhists? :dumbo:

Xtianity is a barrier to enlightenment. Someday you might realize that. :scratch:

Fry-Consciousness?

:yum:

Unity...I can follow what you are saying, but your approach isn't exactly welcoming. I'm sure many here would like to hear what you have to say if you can refrain from 'selling' it. Just put it out there as the "way you see it" kinda of thing. :D

These words have a lot of power and they are free no one is selling them.

Oh, yeah, dude.

Lots of power.

You're just knockin us dead with the impact of your ideas.

:Doh:

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Anybody got any incense?

Unity in 1st post

What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites . We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in pure consciousness

:rotfl:

Oh my...what, unites people in hatred of those who do not agree? I could not even make it through this paragraph without cracking up. I have yet to see the faithful of different persuasions "unite" in their belief in anything.

There are some great comments in this thread in response to Unity, but i could not stop laughing at the first post.

BTW, howdy folks. Been a while.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Anybody got any incense?

Nooooo! :eek:

(ex-SGI valkyrie dives under her desk, reaches out just long enough to grab her sword, her rune bag and a pint of mead, then retreats back under desk to consider her next move)

I hope you guys heal from the twisted Christian ideas that were pushed into your minds so they may open and bloom without hatred or disgust.

If you researched your target market a little here first, you might then be able to talk to where people really are. How can you say that we aren't healing? What makes you assume that? Because no one in the right mind should be skeptical of a religious peddler? Don't mistake rough cynicim against those trying to "share" religious ideologies, with "hatred or disgust". I take offense at your judging these very "true" humans here.

I hope you guys heal from the twisted Christian ideas that were pushed into your minds so they may open and bloom without hatred or disgust.

I healed a long time ago. Xtianity is a fairytale, and my mind is open to a truth you'll never know.

If you only knew what I do now, Unity, it would blow...your...mind.

I have to strongly agree with Antlerman and AGF. You may not realize it, Unity, but we are diverse group of individuals in the process of healing from deep hurts left by christianity. Almost every person who posts here has their own individual ideas about the divine or lack there of.

You are making a grave mistake by coming overhere and pretending you know us. Putting us all in a box is not going to help you to reach anyone.

Unity, please don't come here and preach to me. If I wanted to hear it I would go and sit in church with the rest of the hypocrites. Now to address your post. If I am reading it correctly your point is that we don't need organized religion in order to love God. I would have to say that you are correct in that assessment; however, I personally want no part of a God that allows the things to occur that have occurred over time. How can you believe in a being that has allowed so much hatred. Abuse of children, abuse of women, abuse of men war, murder, rape, hatred because of physical differences, hatred because of thought?

I see love all around me and I do not need God to see it. I give love and don't need God to do it. I give love to the community by volunteering on a regular basis. I help those less fortunate, I give them love, I give them care and I help them in any other way I can. I'm not doing it because I am afraid of not passing through the pearly gates. I do it out of compassion and love. Can most people who believe in God say that? I think not because their first reason for doing it is out of fear of eternal damnation. That is what a belief in God does, makes people tow the line not because they really want too but because they fear they have too.

• 2 weeks later...

Christ consciousness is ready to reveal itself to the sincere soul that makes an intense effort to search for love. What is needed is not submission to an external authority, a flawless book, or a rigid church that divides and eliminates, but an inward realization of God that unites. We need to test our realization with reason, witness it at work and perceive the unity of everything in pure consciousness. In every race, in every country and in every stage of history and culture people talk about God so we must admit that our minds are being qualified and supported with God’s love to reach within our selves and others to experience this pure consciousness that permeates everything.

Christian Mysticism

Huh? You can reach within yourself all you want, Unity. I do believe though, that if you, or those within any culture or faith attempt to reach within me or mine, they shall not be heralded as God's messengers, but as perverted members of society that should be jailed. Whatever you believe you have as a 'Christ consiousness' is sick. I thank God, that in every society, and race nonwithstanding,

there are those among us that realize the evil that is inherit in thoughts such as yours.

I'm all for freedom of speech and religion, but my freedom of speech says that you are an enemy of society by your own definition of yourself, and by your assumption that "God" permeates everything, you are some kind of fundie my way or the highway-ist. People in every race, creed, country, region, etc. etc. may discuss God, but that doesn't make God real, anymore than people in every country on Earth discussing love, or hatred.

May I ask what you base your beliefs on? A Holy Book? A feeling? A certain 'knowing' inside yourself?

Duder

I feel wholeness can be achieved with a watchful mind and the experience that everything is united , if old fears, doubts and prejudices wear away to make room for new ideas and understanding.

Defending limitations strengthens them limiting our beliefs and realities so I feel the tool of knowledge to explore the unknown and find a deeper meaning is necessary. With options and alternatives ignorance is not bliss, but a self imposed limitation.

I begin with the knowledge of our oneness that is everywhere in consciousness, we open up and build on this concept. This attitude shelters me from the flood of separate experiences in life that drag one down and drowns one with a tightfisted attitude.

The proof is in the high.

Guest Mr. XC

I feel wholeness can be achieved with a watchful mind and the experience that everything is united , if old fears, doubts and prejudices wear away to make room for new ideas and understanding.

Defending limitations strengthens them limiting our beliefs and realities so I feel the tool of knowledge to explore the unknown and find a deeper meaning is necessary. With options and alternatives ignorance is not bliss, but a self imposed limitation.

I begin with the knowledge of our oneness that is everywhere in consciousness, we open up and build on this concept. This attitude shelters me from the flood of separate experiences in life that drag one down and drowns one with a tightfisted attitude.

The proof is in the high.

And this consciousness in human form says that associating with a religion that we know to be fictitious (Christianity, Zeus, etc) will invalidate anything you say.

Do not get me wrong, I am not against a feeling of oneness (quite the opposite actually), but attributing it to what we (the larger portion of ex-christian.net) know as fiction or saying that you draw wisdom from Christianity is like saying you are drawing wisdom from Star Wars or Little Red Riding Hood. Yes, Star Wars may have some nice teachings in it, but if you are going to use that as a source, at least add some credibility by labeling your source as fiction with some useful teachings in it. Labeling it as wisdom from Christianity alone does not cut it here. New Age (kind of like the pop category in music, not really a definitive label) has a little more credibility (I know, it is hardly measurable) than Christianity plus mysticism.

I know you want to share your one-derful experience, but I am very certain that you do not know where it originates. Theologically speaking, it is near impossible to logically relate anything in spiritual realm to the physical one, so drawing from spiritual wisdom is not going to work here. Please, go back to experiencing your wholeness and work with what you know (facts, personal experiences, etc), and we will work on our own experiences. Since we all have our own experiences (typically much different than your own), it is exceeding difficult for us to find any common ground. Thanks for attempting to share, but this is not a good audience for it and I think you need a better way of explaining your feelings of wholeness than with Christianity.