Goodbye Jesus

Greatest Quip I've Ever Heard

Mr. Neil

So get this, right? I'm listening to the tail end of the Infidel Guy podcast with Sam Harris tonight. Sam says his good-bye and Reggie starts editing the show.

While this is going on, the voice chat and the chatroom are still open, and this guy named Christian Hillbilly starts spitting out these really bad Hovind arguments. He even used some shit that I hadn't heard in a long time, such as the "we evolved from a rock" line. Oh man, was it bad!

So anyway, Reg gets on and he starts hittin' him up with the retroviral argument. At first, he explains that dogs and wolves have common retroviral strains in their DNA that are indicative and could only come about via common ancestory. The reason being that they're occur in the same places in the genome, have the same breakages in them, etc. Christian Hillybilly agrees to this and finds no error in this logic. Afterall, it's fairly straight forward!

Reggie then moves on and applies the exact same logic to retroviral strains common among humans and chimps. Not surprisingly, our Hillbilly friend IMMEDIATELY changes tune and basically says, "That's not evidence of common ancestory. I'll tell you what that's evidence of. It's evidence that someone in history had sex with a chimp!".

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And he was serious!

Laughter errupted across the voicechat and the chatroom came to a screeching halt as everyone struggled to catch their breath. It was, without question, the single funniest apologetic response I've ever heard. I only wish Reggie recorded it.

It was the best laugh I've had in a long, long time.

I almost... almost not quite, feel sorry for people who deny that evolution has occured. The contortions that they have to go through are incredible. They live in complete denial and will hold on to it at any cost. Perhaps they feel that if they say, "I'm not a mammal" enough times they will begin to believe it. Bless their hearts.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh well this is my first post in a while.

Yep...thats pretty much how it goes. The sad part is they all think that their arguments are "New" and they never bother to check up on just how far along the christianity vs logic psuedowar has gone.

They just dont care about proving their religion, they care about defending their faith against attacks and try to pretend like they they are proving their religion in the process.