Goodbye Jesus

Cf And Their Rules

HoustonHorn

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ok, I've ranted about this before. I logged in over at CF just to see if there were any PMs. Sure enough, there was one from a moderator telling me that 5 of my postings had been deleted because I broke a rule. The rule - 'Only Christians agreeing to the Nicene Creed may answer questions in the Questions by Non-Christians forum'.

It's been at least a couple of months since I've been there, and I have no idea what was in the deleted posts. Best guess, I answered a question, but because of the little agnostic icon my answer was invalid. And for the record, it's not like I would have written "forget God, worship Satan" or anything like that. Apparently an answer that is secular isn't appreciated.

Here's my response to the mod. I'm sure he's going to delete it, and I don't really care. But I wanted to respond even if it ends up that they delete my account.

I understand (sort of) the point of most of your rules. And it's been so long since I've been here that I have no idea what was in the posts that were deleted. My guess is that I answered a question as a non-Christian where only a Christian was supposed to answer.

But I also understood the rules of the 'Questions by Non-Christians' forum to only allow threads to be started by non-Christians. Then why are there posts like this http://www.christianforums.com/t3312793-an...-christian.html that remain? The board is titled "Questions by Non-Chrisitians" and this example is not a question and it was posted by a Christian. Yet it remains. And this is just the first example I came across - there are certainly others.

When I first came to this forum several months ago I was in a stage where I was beginning to doubt Christianity. Because I labeled myself as an agnostic I have been treated very badly and attacked when I questioned anything. At the time my membership here began I really want to remain a Christian and re-find my faith. While researching other belief systems over the past months has had an effect on my current beliefs, it is the way that I was treated here by so-called Christians that has gotten me to the position I am now - there may be a god, there may not; but it sure isn't the Christian god. I believe with all my heart and mind that organized religion is the worst disease that mankind has ever released, and we released it upon ourselves.

I am not trying to change anybody's beliefs, nor do I really care what anybody here thinks of me. And I fully expect that you will read through the first 2 or 3 lines and delete this message. But know that the attitude you are showing, and I'm not directly attacking you but the rules put in place by administration, that finally pushed me all the way out of Christianity and I thank you for that.

- HH

Yeah, that place is pretty biased. For a non-Christian, it's either just question and leave, or shut up. There's really no way to learn if they won't accept even a response from a different perspective. They're afraid that it might be putting down Christianity. They're so religiously-knitted in their beliefs that even one question will have them treating you differently. This isn't even about people's personalities either, it's like they put the "beliefs system" first, before anything else. Oh yeah, put God first in your lives, right, I almost forgot. Their God really knows how to make people treat others, yep. All the more reason why I can't stand their forceful and biased preaching towards me and others.

I don't goto Christian websites for that reason. It isn't worth it to have a well thought out post trashed simply to keep Christians happy.

Way to go, HoustonHorn! I'm registered over there also, but I did that a LONG time ago, and I never post or even revisit that place. It's awful.

What I find amazing, however, is that our own ASIMOV has been a member of CF in good standing for years?!? How the hell he manages this, I'll never know! I couldn't do it for one post. :ugh:

You're not the only one...I've recently had a PM about posting in that section of CF too. Thing is when I posted in that section I did have a Christian icon. So I tell the mod I'd had a change of faith icon and those posts (which he'd already deleted) were made before the change and thus when I had a Christian faith icon...therefore I wasn't breaking any rules when I posted them. He didn't listen...he then told me he was just giving me a "friendily reminder of the rules" :loser: He didn't seem to understand that I didn't break the effing rules :screams: Either that or even posts which were made by a Christian but now show that person has lost their faith aren't allowed either. :Wendywhatever:

Anyway, enough of my ranting...good luck with that mod.

What I find amazing, however, is that our own ASIMOV has been a member of CF in good standing for years?!? How the hell he manages this, I'll never know! I couldn't do it for one post. :ugh:

can someone link me to one of the post or topics asimov has done on the CF site.

It is Asimov.

Thanks. I just need to find the search function so I can find his topics

Starelda -

It was actually your PMs to me that I was going back to read :-)

It's like they want to "share Christianity" without admitting there are people in the world that aren't Christian.