Goodbye Jesus

Going To Christian Forums

Markkasan

I've been here for about a few weeks, and I see that there are quite a few excellent debaters here. Seeing that gave me an idea.

Christians like Scott and Amy Marie post at these forums for a variety of reasons, among them, probably, to minister to us. I was thinking: maybe we should organize a sort of athiest/unbeliever group that would go out to Christian forums and try to plant seeds of doubt into their devout heads. The reason for doing this? A few reasons. For one, admit it, it's fun to annoy fundies. Two, Christianity is destructive mentally, and we will be doing a favor to those we encounter. Thirdly, in the US, at least, the evangelicals are growing in strength. It's a real possibility that we may come under a theocracy, or something very much like it, very soon. The fewer supporters they have, the less likely a Christian-inspired regime will take hold. It's farfetched, I know, but it may just happen.

Our overall aim would not necessarily be to provoke, or to engage in flame wars with Xtians. After all, Xtian forum administrators would kick us in a heartbeat if that happened. Rather, we would be "conservative," not personally insulting our opponents. In other words, using the evangelical's methods against them. If they hate us, they will refuse to even consider our arguments.

Also, I'm not suggesting this to be a leader of it or anything. It's just an idea that I came up with.

What do you think?

Read the rules on ChristianForums.com. You are not allowed to post anything, even in argument that denies any part of the Nicean Creed. They are not interested in debate, but in simulating debate with stacking the cards for their agenda. Good luck, they will ban you. Make believe like Christianity cannot survive with truth.

Yeah, I've been a member of CF since 2004. I only recently returned in order to change my faith icon to "Atheist." I never bothered to reply to the mods that said that they would send the notice to the admin, but asked with with the question, "anything you want to talk about considering your conversion?"

Personally, I think it's a waste of time to go there if you'll only get banned after one post from an Atheistic point of view. It's pretty biased.

Deconverting is a very painful process. I see no reason to cause pain to people I don't know.

I don't really see how it'd work because CF is split into two main areas....one is "Christians only". There's many Christians who simply stick to posting in that area and don't venture (least not often) into the "Open area" where they will encounter non-Christians...even fewer regulary venture into the debate area where they'll encounter atheists and people of other religions questioning Christianity.

So, whilst it's a not a bad idea I think you'd only ever be debating with Christians that are regulary around the questioning from athiests and unbelievers and still hold on firmly to their faith.

Besides, the Christians at CF are often quite capable of leading others to deconversion all by themselves. Whilst CF is not the only reason for my deconversion (that little place called "hell" is also responsible for starting my questioning) it certainly has helped it along.

Guest my10thao

I am a new member here, and i haven't really posted anything here yet, but I will wait until i can think of my intro than i will formally introduce myself.

Here is what I have to said for this "bringing it to them"

I didn't want to debate with them but I thought maybe I will try to discuss with them.

This is what I had so far....... I used the same name "my10thao"

http://www.christian.net/messages.php?foru...2092&page=6

See what you guys think.

Many of the arguement i used are from many X-xtian sites and atheist debates that I've listened before. I have gained a few words of understand and so I am trying to use it to my fullest potential at this time.

Anyway.... please do give me support because I don't know anything about the bible. hehhehehhe

Not that i don't know anything, i do know that it is not fact and no hard truth to it. I didn't buy the stories that was told by pastors and christian friends. And after i read all the bad things God allows from you guys in here,i no longer need to read the bible, its a waste of time. Any way, i m not a christian or X-xtian, i m just someone that curious about this religion stuff that is tearing us apart. And i feel that using common sense to question the bible is already good enough for me for now.

Once again I will give my intro some other times.

I thought i just share this first.

It could be fun and useful to go to Xian forums and plant seeds of doubt, but like Bruce said, CF (and many others, I'm sure) forbid denying certain things, things which we'd need to deny to get the message across. Debate on Xian forums is just a dog-and-pony show, and the moment you touch on something important, you get banned and the argument is over.

Plus, with CF (I don't know about the others) you have to have a certain number of postings before you're allowed to post in the debate sections. As a non-Christian you're only allowed to post in a very few boards and run the risk of having posts deleted if you don't praise God in your posting. It's like they have made it intentionally difficult for non-Christians to come in and have any sort of actual debate other than is the earth 6,000 years old or 8,000.

Not to mention that it starts "board wars"...something I don't feel we need here.

Didn't that happen a couple years ago? The back and forth bullshit?

Not to mention that it starts "board wars"...something I don't feel we need here.

Didn't that happen a couple years ago? The back and forth bullshit?

Good reminder Liz.

New Folks, let us read from daFatman's Book of 'Net Bullshit: "Thou Shall Not Bring Board Bullshit to Dave's House".

Don't fire off a fight between Board X or Community Y and bring it back to here, or hotlink a fight so the source is found on these boards.

Discussion between varied and diverse viewpoints *good*. Dogpiled on fights of "Nyah!!! Nyahh!!! FUCK YOU MORONS!!!!" *bad*.

Let us avoid the Boardwars..

So typeth daFatman, coffee'd up and chemically maladjusted still.

kFL

I had a run in with CF a few years ago. I got banned as a "troll" very quickly for making annoying arguments.

It's like being a liberal on Fox News. Technically, you're allowed to be there but you're not allowed to make forceful arguments.

What annoys me is how deceptive the tactic is. If you're going to have a "Christians only" forum, fine. Just have the honesty to say so.

I got booted in a recovery site because I said I successfully conquered alcoholism without a higher power. I stated I was an Atheist and I was gone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine how fast we'd be tossed from a Christain site. I enjoy our little club here and have no need to crash the Christian's party. There are enough that come here to spark enough debate for me. I think it woud drive me nutty if I even took one look at a Christian forum.

Waste of time. You'd get banned withing a few posts for daring to question the dogma. Besides, we don't like it when Christins dump in our house, we shouldn't go dump in thiers.

Waste of time. You'd get banned withing a few posts for daring to question the dogma. Besides, we don't like it when Christins dump in our house, we shouldn't go dump in thiers.

That was very concise Vixen. I agree.

Thats true! Besides, i couldn't stand it if they started to fuckin pray for me1

Here's my 2¢: I avoid Xians as much as possible. I'm not going to seek them out. That is all. *Radar O'Reilly voice*

Like all internet boards there is always a bias of some sort. CF has a number of odd rules. Christian vs Non Christian debate is limited. Debates about theology between different denominations is limited as well. Overall, there aren't many members there who have done much reading or studying about what they believe, about what the church they support believes or even about Christianity in general. There are a few, but mostly....um no.

Personally, I spent some time at a board called TheologyOnline. One of the reasons that I began to question my faith was that I found that the pagans and atheists are much nicer people to be around. The Christians there are the most arrogant bunch I know. They are a much more thoughtful group, just hateful to be around. How can they be so unlike Jesus if the bible is true?

I am not sure that attempting to engage the masses at CF, that believe because of some emotional effect God has had on them, in an intellectual discussion about the improbability that Jesus is returning on a white horse with Lord of Lords tattooed on his thigh will do much more than raise your blood pressure. Remember that there is honor for them in defending the faith and being reviled for it.

While I understand that Christians feel a sense of responsibility to convert the lost. I am not sure I understand why non-Christians feel an obligation to deconvert those that believe. An old friend has made it his mission in life to deconvert as many Christians as possible before they bring humanity to the point of destroying the planet. While I understand his point about religious fanaticism it would seem to me that his efforts would be better spent deconverting muslims.

Why not have a competition to see who can get banned from CF the quickest ?

Be wherry of giving advise wise men don't need it and fools "Christians" won't heed it.

I say most of the CF members are set in their ways as we all were at one time...I think it takes real life, struggling, common sense, and a real look at the Bible and religion to wake most Christian up. A forum Christian is looked upon by these folk as backslidden and has been warned by the church and board to ignore.

Don't waste your time it may be fun..but your post will likely be deleted.

As for Christians..when the student is ready the teacher will appear..not before.

Hmm as for CF, you can deny or state your beliefs that are contrary to the trinitarian christians, but you can't endorse your beliefs. If that makes sense. But starting fights for fun is rather sophomoric at this point, isn't it? You go after the wrong person at CF and they'll haunt you all over the internet. Not really worth it.

I gave up on xian forums about the time that I deconverted. I used to post at www.cmcentral.com and once I decoverted, I didn't see a reason to post there anymore. Yeah Scott and Amy Marie may come here, that doesn't mean that I pay attention to what they preach. You can safely ignore people if you want. I don't know but I just see going to xian forums as a waste of time when I could be using that time to do other things. I get what you're trying to do but unfortunately religions like xianity will never die out, as much as we try, because just like a virus it spreads and spreads. :shrug:

I don't think it would look right to go on their forums and stir things around, nor would it be of any use -- there's the strength in numbers thing. It's hard to post something that makes them think, because most of them will just jump on whoever posted it and defend their views with little quotes and roundabout insults. It's the hive mentality. It would be more benificial, I think -- if we really cared about their mental health, and didn't just want to pick fights -- to post there as a matter of habit; just another member who's voting in the opinion polls and talking about TV shows and music or whatever....then eventually they'll read that person's opinion, click their profile and come here. That happened to me, with an ex-Pentecostal forum. I looked around, found it suprising that there was this entire online community of ex-UPCI and ex-AoG people, and then left. Months later, when I was doubting my beliefs, I went back out of curiosity and found it to be a safe haven, as I find this place.

And I've never gone to those forums; the church I came out of doesn't follow the Nicene creed. The UPCI is Oneness.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time to go there if you'll only get banned after one post from an Atheistic point of view. It's pretty biased.

A lot of them are a waste of time, but some aren't. One more open minded Christian board is:

http://crossandflame.com/forum/index.php

Many or most Christians sites don't want to hear it and just ban you. But when I go to one, I'm just trying to give my point of view and sometimes it works--and often I think it sinks in but you never learn that it did. I'm not an atheist, but I was "saved" from being a devout mainstream Christian by one. It wasn't an overnight process by any means, and it was painful, but he got through to me by being a friend and, I finally decided, reasonable.

Most of those people are seriously lost, but it's rarely their fault. They, like me, were indoctrinated at a very tender age. But, this being an ex-christian site, I'm sure I'm preaching to an empty choirloft. :thanks:

I'm just about to start posting on Christian Forums myself. I've been reading their threads for months, in the General Apologetics and Evolution. I much prefer it to Bible Forums, where I used to post; BF was VERY conservative and the forum was quite clearly set up not to allow debate - at least, non-Christians were only allowed in one section and not allowed to join in each other's threads. In Christian Forums at least you can get multiple atheists and agnostics on the same thread, and in the Evolution section atheists and sensible Christians can join forces to make fun of the YECs.

In the apologetics forums, though, they're are some real buggers. I admire a lot of the unbelievers there who keep their cool; I can see it helps a lot if you don't respond to the insults and condescension but just point out the logical flaws calmly. What annoys me most, though, are Christians who take the point of view that the silly, irrational skeptics are obviously wrong, can't you see? You'd think that if anybody was going to follow ancient superstitions in this day and ge, they'd at leadt have the good grace to be embarrassed about it!

Anyone remember when we "Invaded" Christian Teen Fourms? I knwo me Asimov and a few othrs did... we got banned within a week for no reason and no notice. no one whats to beexposed to truth nor do they want their world view rocked. Although I can rejoin at anytime since I have gotten a new IP address :::EVIL GRIN:::