Goodbye Jesus

Going To Christian Forums

Markkasan

If someone had a lot of time, patience and know-how, they could start their own xian forum. Suck them in, and then sick the athiests on them. Since it would be covertly run by athiets, there would be no banning. You could give the site an ironic name such as "AmbushingtheDevil.com" Little would they know which devil was going to be ambushed.

BTW, you could justify allowing the athiests to debate by making the bold statement: "We believe xianity to be true. That which is true can go through the fire of questioning and not get burned."

Sometimes I've thought of joining to play "Bible's advocate" so to speak.

I'd pick some name like Biblebeliever and proslytize the true nature of the Bible. The world is flat. The Bible says so. The world is fixed in place and the sun revolves around it. The Bible says so. You get the idea.

BTW, you could justify allowing the athiests to debate by making the bold statement: "We believe xianity to be true. That which is true can go through the fire of questioning and not get burned."

I think I must have speeded up my banning originally when I sent an angry email to the moderator when they censored my post something along the lines of:

"Censorship is the last restort of people who know they're wrong. By blocking free debate you are admitting that your goofy religion will not withstand any close examination and only through keeping your fellow cultists in the dark can you protect their faith. Keep it up! It's your only option."

Our overall aim would not necessarily be to provoke, or to engage in flame wars with Xtians. After all, Xtian forum administrators would kick us in a heartbeat if that happened. Rather, we would be "conservative," not personally insulting our opponents. In other words, using the evangelical's methods against them. If they hate us, they will refuse to even consider our arguments.

Also, I'm not suggesting this to be a leader of it or anything. It's just an idea that I came up with.

What do you think?

I agree with but I have been kicked off all the sites for really doing nothing other than giving my point of view. My problem is our tolerance of things they would never tolerate. for example, they give the impression that these are open public forums but do not apply the rules the same for non-christians and christians. thus, some christians who might be receptive simply have no idea that the boards are censored. But, in my opinion, once they claim the forum is open to the public at large, we should go after them for violating are first amendment rights. As well, as many of them have tax exempt status, they should at a minimum have that revoked. Some have said the law is not on our side--but that is just a matter of interpretation--and it seems to me we feel powerless to defend our rights as our society has always tolerated a certain amount of religious crap. I feel we should all get kicked of and then file a class action suit against these strikingly dishoset losers.

I like the idea of creating a "Christian" forum. The top three sticky threads could be-- first, our mission statement or what we believe; the next can be titled "You will not be banned" stating why we allow the free exchang of ideas; and the third could be a list of those banned and why. We would only ban athiests just to gain credibility.

There are many of us here that can think and talk like fundies (since we were one), so I'm sure we could do it.

Here's my 2¢: I avoid Xians as much as possible. I'm not going to seek them out. That is all. *Radar O'Reilly voice*

O_O I LOVE him! Uh, anyway...It would be interesting for people to go to an open board like that (it's not like it doesn't happen the other way around),..

(Personally, though, I'm not cut out for it myself)