Goodbye Jesus

Fear Of Getting Sucked Back In

Rosa Mystica

Hey...I always use the techniqe of reading articles and critical thinking

I feel like you too..although i have not reach the most tolerant point,i have been adjusting my own views from time to time....Accept the challenge,you'll make it..and the force will be with you,always...

-Rabbi Singer always wake me up in his booming voice-maybe you should get one of them...

And yeah,ocd.I got them...and i thought it cures when i was in xtianity

ocd keeps you going mad,especially in your worst fears,it spins in them..you got to fight it.But I think the other factor is fear and your sense of norm in catholics'.

So why the hell do I think, "What will happen if I go back?" I have no desire to do this- not in the slightest. I am wayyyyy happier as an ex-Catholic. I am more tolerant, more compassionate, more loving towards others. I am better able to see my SO as a good man than when I was in the system. I am freer to explore my spirituality, and find a positive view of the divine that was previously denied to me. Trust me, I *don't* want my former religion back!!! And yet, hearing stories of reverts to Catholicism sends chills down my spine. I think, "They went back. How do I know that *I* won't????"

I'm really not sure how to handle this. I like my current views. They allow me to acknowledge that it *is* possible for a non-sadistic deity to exist- one who will not heartlessly condemn me or the love of my life (or any other human, for that matter). I like not having guilt over certain actions anymore. In general, I can finally see that things are getting better for me now that I don't have the Catholic deathcult weighing down on me anymore.

So why the constant "What if I revert?" thoughts? What could this possibly be indicative of? And how do I silence these thoughts?

I hate this. :( I'd really like to stop being affected by the pro-deathcult propoganda that I run into.

Rosa, you know what I think? I think you heard too many of those BS stories about re-converts in church. Reconverts, death-bed conversions, no atheists in foxholes, etc. It's mostly lies & exaggerations. The type of people who are "re-converted" are people who stopped going to church because they got sick of church or sick of the uptight rules. They drift away mostly out of boredom, not because they have any true conflicts or misgivings about what the church teaches (unless it's the rules about sex or alcohol). People who leave christianity because of non-belief in (or horror of) biblical teachings aren't going to simply start believing it again without some kind of brain damage. Once you've opened your mind to questions, it gets hard to believe anything mystical w/out asking lots of questions, & the usual BS answers (ye olde standby: "you have to have faith") don't suffice anymore.

My suggestion about silencing those thoughts would be to read books & articles that show the bible & catholocism for what they really are. Check out some atheist & ex-christian literature about it. The amount of sense non-christians make, compared with the idiocy of the apologists, will give you loads of confidence in your new road, & will probably hush those voices rather quickly. I will never forget how amazingly clear the atheist musings sounded compared to the xian crap answers I'd been given my whole life. It was easy to agree with the people who had the same questions I'd been asking since the age of 5 (to no avail). All of their answers made sense, while very few of the answers I'd been given by the christians ever made any sense. For me, that was the point where I thought "It all makes sense now." Meaning not christianity, but just my point of view. The haze I'd been in for so long was lifted at that point, & I felt I finally knew who I was.

try tto search ocd self help in google,it helps