Goodbye Jesus

Living In Lala Land

Open_Minded

Apologetics - the art of starting with a conclusion and then shaping and creating "facts" that supports your conclusion.

Scott is well on his way to being a sterling apologetic.

Also, I would like to claim the "Nah-nah, I told you so!" award. I predicted this motive about Scott from the beginning. Check the record. I'm NEVER wrong. (When it comes to Christian assholes, that is. :wicked: )

Oh, and Scott, I MUST know something of what you believe. You're a "Christian" and you believe the bible, correct? That tells me something. You've posted a lot of idiocy. That definitely tells me something.

You believe one of the many world myths featuring a legendary character named "Jesus", and you hold tight to superstitious clap-trap about heaven, hell, the devil, sin and salvation. Oh sure, I may not know which precise denominational bullshit you swallow (today), but I'm familiar with them ALL.

So please. Spare me your sense of righteous indignation in believing you're something special or enigmatic. You're a deluded sap. And that is REALLY all I need to know about you and your precious "beliefs." :loser:

Open_Minded, this is not a challenge and I'm not trying to debate with you right now. But, how can you be a Christian if you don't believe in the Bible as the Word of God? This is a sincere question.

I'll tell you what Scott, you answer my questions sincerely and then I will answer your questions. In case you missed them, my questions are as follows:

[*]Literalist Muslims believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Qur'an - What do you think of the Qur'an?

[*]Literalist Mormans believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Book of Mormon - What do you think of the Book of Mormon?

[*]Literalist Hindus believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Vedas - What do you think of the Vedas?

I look forward to your sincere reply.

Well, I don't believe any one of those are the Word of God.

Apologetics - the art of starting with a conclusion and then shaping and creating "facts" that supports your conclusion.

Scott is well on his way to being a sterling apologetic.

Also, I would like to claim the "Nah-nah, I told you so!" award. I predicted this motive about Scott from the beginning. Check the record. I'm NEVER wrong. (When it comes to Christian assholes, that is. :wicked: )

Oh, and Scott, I MUST know something of what you believe. You're a "Christian" and you believe the bible, correct? That tells me something. You've posted a lot of idiocy. That definitely tells me something.

You believe one of the many world myths featuring a legendary character named "Jesus", and you hold tight to superstitious clap-trap about heaven, hell, the devil, sin and salvation. Oh sure, I may not know which precise denominational bullshit you swallow (today), but I'm familiar with them ALL.

So please. Spare me your sense of righteous indignation in believing you're something special or enigmatic. You're a deluded sap. And that is REALLY all I need to know about you and your precious "beliefs." :loser:

I could have sworn you said I don't believe the Bible! You're such an expert on what I believe, please enlighten me.

About the part I darkened; I couldn't have said it better myself what I think about you.

Well, I don't believe any one of those are the Word of God.I could have sworn you said I don't believe the Bible! You're such an expert on what I believe, please enlighten me.

Scott - give us a little credit. We're ex-christians. Many of us were christians longer than you've been alive.

We didn't think the book of Mo or the Quran were the word of God either. We know the bible inside and out. At one time, we thought every word in the bible was God-breathed - just like you currently believe.

And, we do know what you believe - if you are, as you claim, a christian. We know very well what you believe.

We've been there.

We know your persepective. You don't know ours.

Don't try to educate us on things that we've known by rote for years. It's rather insulting.

If, however, you wish to learn a different perspective than what you will learn in Sunday School, perhaps you should stop the nyah-nyah bullshit and try and learn something from some of the folks here.

If not, you're just wasting your time and ours.

Scott is yanking our chains, wasting our time, and in general being a wonderful example of why one should run screaming from religion.

Keep up the good work, young man. Whether you've come to realize it or not, you are helping us deconvert even more people from your sick little death cult.

About the part I darkened; I couldn't have said it better myself what I think about you.

Ooooh, so clever! "I'm rubber, you're glue. Everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you! Nanny, nanny boo-boo!"

You're definitely a fucking child, aren't you Scott? Not one original thought in that empty cranium. No proofs for your religion and no insults for a come back. What a fucking loser!

Why don't you go away and lick your pastor's ass, enema breath?

Scott is yanking our chains, wasting our time, and in general being a wonderful example of why one should run screaming from religion.

Keep up the good work, young man. Whether you've come to realize it or not, you are helping us deconvert even more people from your sick little death cult.

godfucking damnit well said! This guy is the same fuckin babbble bangers that make me even more firm in my atheism! You can quote from fairytales all you want and they'll still be fairytales!

So.... everyone ....how do you think he's doing in his study of "apologetics" and "defending" his "Christian faith"?

Just as shitty as each and every one of these wannabe professional cop-out finders. :pureevil:

WORD sister! :fdevil:

I'll tell you what Scott, you answer my questions sincerely and then I will answer your questions. In case you missed them, my questions are as follows:

1. Literalist Muslims believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Qur'an - What do you think of the Qur'an?
  2. Literalist Mormans believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Book of Mormon - What do you think of the Book of Mormon?
  3. Literalist Hindus believe they have the "WORD of GOD" in the Vedas - What do you think of the Vedas?

I look forward to your sincere reply.

Why Not Scott?

The varying books say they are "sacred", "revealed", etc..

http://www.unification.net/ws/theme111.htm

Islam. Qur'an 41.41-42

Lo! it is an unassailable Scripture. Falsehood cannot come at it from before it or behind it. It is a revelation from the Wise, the Owner of Praise.

Baha'i Faith. Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, 128

O leaders of religion! Weigh not the Book of God with such standards and sciences as are current among you, for the Book itself is the unerring Balance established among men. In this most perfect Balance whatever the peoples and kindreds possess must be weighed, while the measure of its weight should be tested according to its own standard, did you but know it.

Confucianism. I Ching, Great Commentary 1.10.1-2

The Book of Changes contains the fourfold Tao of the holy sages. In speaking, we should be guided by its judgments; in action, we should be guided by its changes; in making objects, we should be guided by its images; in seeking an oracle, we should be guided by its pronouncements.

Therefore the superior man, whenever he has to make or do something, consults the Changes, and he does so in words. It takes up his communications like an echo; neither far nor near, neither dark nor deep exist for it, and thus he learns of the things of the future. If this book were not the most spiritual thing on earth, how could it do this?

To quote but just a few ---

So.. (and this is a sincere question) why is that the Bible is to be considered the "WORD of GOD" and yet these other world scriptures are nothing but a book?

This isn't just about what you "believe" Scott. This is about common sense, this is about what thought processes can stand up to scrutiny in the real world.

So give us something more than

You want to learn apologetics then learn it. "Well, I don't believe …" is a statement about your thoughts. It is not a reason for another person to change their mind.

So… give us a reason why other religious sacred literature should be discarded as the "WORD of GOD" and yet the Bible should be believed - literally - every single word as if it were "God Breathed". A concrete, verifiable, reason - not "Well, I don't believe…. La La La La…..".

O_M, you can forget about Scott for a while, as he's been placed in time-out for being a douche bag. :HaHa:

Seriously, though, Scott is currently undergoing moderated status and he's been limited to ONE thread of debate with Asimov, so he won't be replying to our assorted jabs and requests elsewhere.

Time to find a new target, I guess.

Where's Amy Marie hiding out? :wicked:

O_M, you can forget about Scott for a while, as he's been placed in time-out for being a douche bag. :HaHa:

Seriously, though, Scott is currently undergoing moderated status and he's been limited to ONE thread of debate with Asimov, so he won't be replying to our assorted jabs and requests elsewhere.

Yes, I had noticed that after posting the above. I'd actually gone to the "Sweet Heaven" thread to remind Amy Marie that she had yet to answer one of my questions and discovered Scott's status.

Time to find a new target, I guess.

Where's Amy Marie hiding out? :wicked:

Good question - do you suppose she skipped on back to LaLa Land. ;):lmao:

Skeptic, I haven't studied the Old Testament as much as the New Testament. I will look it over, then I will get back to you.

Thanks for your honesty.

I spoke to Orthodox Jews about this, who are expert in the hebrew scriptures, and they say pretty much with confidence said that such a concept does not exist in their scripture

http://p069.ezboard.com/fmessiahtruthfrm7....icID=1104.topic

http://p069.ezboard.com/fmessiahtruthfrm7....icID=1033.topic

Cya

Skeptic

Oh come on now, didn't you know Jew's were only a step above heathens to many Christians and couldn't possibly undertand scripture as well as a good, spirit filled Christian? :lmao:

Skeptic, I haven't studied the Old Testament as much as the New Testament. I will look it over, then I will get back to you.

Thanks for your honesty.

I spoke to Orthodox Jews about this, who are expert in the hebrew scriptures, and they say pretty much with confidence said that such a concept does not exist in their scripture

http://p069.ezboard.com/fmessiahtruthfrm7....icID=1104.topic

http://p069.ezboard.com/fmessiahtruthfrm7....icID=1033.topic

Cya

Skeptic