Goodbye Jesus

Interesting Article

scitsofreaky

The other day I remembered to check Evolution blog, something I haven't done in awhile. Anywho, he put up an article about the Tiktaalik rosae, the transitional fossil found in Canada earlier this year. This is the first article since all the hubbub when it was first discovered. It isn't very long, but it has some excellent diagrams worth checking out. If anything it seems to be a good source to cite, especially for someone not up to speed.

Tiktaalik is a great transitional fossil because it is almost exactly what one would expect a transitional fossil to be, sitting almost perfectly between devonian fish and amphibians.

Sweet! Thanks Scitso. Just another nail in the coffin for a literal interpretation of Genesis.

I like how they let the Inuit choose its name. Nice touch.

I really like the "bubble" representation of the branches. I haven't seen that before, but it better shows how a specie overlaps other species.

I really like the "bubble" representation of the branches. I haven't seen that before, but it better shows how a specie overlaps other species.

Me too. The arrow diagram confused me at first glance, who woulda thought that reading could clear things up.