Goodbye Jesus

Scott: Understanding Your View On Creation

KT45

How so? Cause and effect has been observed. Therefore I can theorize that something caused this universe to exist. It may not be true but it is plausible because other cause and effect situations has been observed before in smaller testable systems.
This is just as fallacious as the watchmaker argument. What we know is the universe. What we know probably dick about, is what's not the universe. How do we know that extradimensional items need a temporal progression, and a prior event to occur?

BTW: 1000th Post, Bitches!!!!!

This is just as fallacious as the watchmaker argument.

yeah I know. Asimov cleared this up for me. Still have a lot to learn.

This is just as fallacious as the watchmaker argument. What we know is the universe. What we know probably dick about, is what's not the universe.

This is really getting off topic, but what I really struggle with is: what's outside the universe? I've read that some physicists and astronomers theorize the universe is bell-shaped and finite. If you could travel to the end of the universe, what would you find? :scratch:

(Besides the Restaurant, I mean?)

Ahhh...What's outside the universe?

That's a real mind teaser. The real answer is the universe is everything that is and so there isn't an "outside" for anything to be. Not very satisfying though is it? I don't care for it either.

Considering the universe is expanding I feel we must be expanding into something even if it is a void (a void is a "something"). Now if that void (or whatever) is a something then it too must be considered part of the universe and the universe is now really just expanding into itself. So is the universe infinite (whatever that really means) or will it eventually expand back onto itself somehow or something else?

I've seen a few theories but in the end the best answer really is "we don't know."

mwc

The universe is not infinite, but it is boundless. You can't find the "edge" of the universe because time/space is curved, travel far enough in a straight line and you'll end up where you started...

The universe is not infinite, but it is boundless. You can't find the "edge" of the universe because time/space is curved, travel far enough in a straight line and you'll end up where you started...

I heard about this a long time ago so I adhere to it. In order to travel faster than light (presuming Einstein was wrong) wouldnt you have to "bend" space/time so that 2 points exist in the same spot or at least close to eachother?

Why can't the end of the universe be more space? I don't understand why space can't be infinite and the universe just floats within it.

Well since scott isn't coming back, can someone tell me what is the most accepted pre-big bang theory?

what if it only looks like it's expanding? like, if you were at the bottom of the atlantic ocean, looking at the plates, you'd think the Earth is Expanding since the plates are moving Away from each other.

But then you look at the other side of the planet and you'd think the Earth was contracting, no?