Goodbye Jesus

Is It Just Me?

Purple

Purple,

You said:

"So be quiet, be a doormat, be a "good girl", never defend yourself, be selfless, and Prince CharmJesus will come to save you."

The NT also depicts the Bride of Christ as an army, the Warrior-Bride.

WorshipTheKing.jpg

I said that because the picture reminds me of Barbie as Cinderella, that IS the message of Cinderella. As for the church as warriors, or a warrior, yes, usally against Satan, and other people who are accused of representing Satan, not the best image of Christians to me. There is though the call to be meak. When someone steals from you, according to Jesus what are you to do? If someone slaps your face you are to????

You keep telling us that you are not beautiful due to a disability. Do you see yourself as ugly? I myself have a broad sense of beautiful, and most would agree that true beauty is not found in the outward appearance. If, as you say, your diety finds you beautiful aren't you contradicting them by saying you are not? Actually your comment in the other post is totally contraditing anyway...

I'm not beautiful like the illustration. I'm have a disabilty, But in my spirit I know that Jesus accepts and loves me just like I am, unconditionally. I am beautiful to Him. The ones that most people ignore or turn away from in disqust, He would make feel like a princess.

You're not beautiful, but you are... to Jesus. I dunno, I don't have diety, but my Erus thinks I'm beautiful, so I would never say I am not, it would be disrespectful period.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhampir

• J.S.

• Purple

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that picture, I see a loving Jesus with His creation. The one He died for. I see Him loving her no matter what she has done or will do.

Unless ofcourse she doesn't believe in him then it's time for the BBQ

In that picture, I see a loving Jesus with His creation. The one He died for. I see Him loving her no matter what she has done or will do.

Unless ofcourse she doesn't believe in him then it's time for the BBQ

Since the subject is artwork, I just wanted to throw in a compliment for yours, monsterfeets. It's weird (deviant, in fact), but I like it! :goodjob:

Antlerman, I'm not sure how that question is relevant.

I understand what you mean Purple.

Legion, His love is unconditional. There would be no chance of salvation if it wasn't so. Just because someone rejects His free gift and perishes, doesn't mean He ceases loving them.

Asimov, guys are also a part of the Bride of Christ.

That's a pretty cool picture of the Bride of Christ as a warrior, Amy. Did you paint it?

Asimov -

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints...And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Revelation 19:7,8,14 {KJV}. That's only one instance where the Bride of Christ is shown as an army. There is more in the Scriptures.

Could someone explain to me how the terms Bride and Bridegroom, even used metaphorically, have ANY application except in the romantic sense? Additionally, how it such imagery not at least partially homoerotic?

Asimov, guys are also a part of the Bride of Christ.

That's a pretty cool picture of the Bride of Christ as a warrior, Amy. Did you paint it?

Asimov -

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints...And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. Revelation 19:7,8,14 {KJV}. That's only one instance where the Bride of Christ is shown as an army. There is more in the Scriptures.

Scott, are you REALLY sure of this? I mean REALLY, REALLY sure? The KJV can be a tricky translation to get around in and I just want to be sure that your two verses plus the one out of context verse are what you mean to use to make your argument. Your interpretation is flawed (and a little dishonest...I hope there is an ethics course at seminary).

Ahhh...what the hell...you're about to lose again starting with your own verses above:

19:7

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

19:8

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

19:9

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

19:17

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

19:18

That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19:21

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

21:2

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

21:9

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

21:10

And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

So there you go Scott. The wedding of the Lamb (which, and I'll have to re-read this so I'm not mistaken, is not jesus but another character) laid out for you (as usual I highlighted the good stuff).

The bride is ready. The feast is ready. The blessed are called to the feast. What is the feast? Oh? It's the kings and rulers of earth. Yummy. The birds gorge themselves on that. Blessed birdies. The feast is finished. Everything is ready. Then what do we have? The bride approaches. It's Amy and Scott. Nope. It's the city of New Jerusalem (the Borg version). An angel takes John over to see the bride in the last two verses I quote. You can read the rest for yourself where bible-god takes up residence and all that.

This isn't the same "church = bride of christ" we see in the epistles and all that. The whole desire to setup another Jerusalem shows that this book is for the Jews and not the Gentiles and so trying to plop Paul's junk over the top of this isn't going to work very well. If you'd have bothered to actual follow the thread of the story instead of simply plopping your interpretation on the first word of "bride" you came across you might have seen the whole picture. Instead I once again did the leg work for you. But I have no problem doing that since I feel that you might actually learn something from it (okay, you won't but someone might).

mwc

pedophilegolfjesus.jpg

i like this one better. jesus showing the little kiddies how to sink the ball in the hole.

from ufobreakfast.com

i like this one better. jesus showing the little kiddies how to sink the ball in the hole.

from ufobreakfast.com

I like this one

Jesus Preparing his children to be in the lords army

jesus_karate1.jpg

I like this picture it represents what happens when you are on God's "Naughty List".

post-2064-1158715231_thumb.jpg

mwc, I can't even express how much I disagree with that. I will end this here, unless you seriously want to discuss that here or in another thread.

Dhampir, when a man and a woman have sex, they become one flesh. Now, the union between Jesus and His Bride {The Church} is not a sexual union. It uses these terms, however, to show how we are united with Him. It is most certainly not a sexual union.

Ramen, it is God's righteous judgment.

Scott all I have to say is FUCK YOU and FUCK GOD. These acts are inhuman and you ok it. Your a monster so is your God who is a lovable teddy bear.

Scott all I have to say is FUCK YOU and FUCK GOD. These acts are horridinous and you ok it. Your a monster.

Well, alright then. There we are...

Do you ok these acts yes or no? Do you think its is moral for an finite sin to have infinite suffering?

DO YOU? NOT GOD NOT THE BIBLE YOU!

Ramen, it is God's righteous judgment.

For? and if you say sin, explain what sin is.

Dhampir, when a man and a woman have sex, they become one flesh. Now, the union between Jesus and His Bride {The Church} is not a sexual union. It uses these terms, however, to show how we are united with Him. It is most certainly not a sexual union.
Y'know, when you formally answer a question, you are supposed to use part of the question, then supply the explanatory aspect to satisfy the question. You sorta did the first part.

... ... HOW!? How how how? How is the terminology of marriage not meant even metaphorically as in a romantic context? Explain that, since you took up the task of answering it.

I will first say, Ramen, that it's not up to me to judge the Judge. However, if I did, I would take in all the evidence of why it should or should not be right. Having taken in all of that {whether hell is eternal or not}, I would say yes. I agree with it. I have given evidence why it is right many times, and I will not give it again here. I will say, that the thought of hell does not make me happy. If there had to be punishment, I would say I would like it much more if they were just annihilated. Or, even better, Universal Salvation. I have unsaved family members, and I hate to think of them in hell. But it's not about me and what makes me happy, it's about what the truth is. And like I said, God's the Judge, not me.

Purple, sin is a transgression of God's law.

What about when god does it?

What about when god does it?

God cannot sin.

He cannot sin because he'd never transgress against his own law... or he cannot sin because he made the law, thereby rendering wrong and sin two different things, as well as right and holy?

And so you don't answer? Are you unable to conceptualize, to articulate? Give it a try, if you're able.

He cannot sin because he'd never transgress against his own law... or he cannot sin because he made the law, thereby rendering wrong and sin two different things, as well as right and holy?

He cannot sin because He would never transgress against His own law.

He that commiteth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. 1 John 3:8

And so you don't answer? Are you unable to conceptualize, to articulate? Give it a try, if you're able.

I will be glad to answer. But first, will you tell me why you asked this question in the first place?

I will be glad to answer. But first, will you tell me why you asked this question in the first place?

It's a question about how interpretations of certain cues in art convey different concepts, and secondly, to hear how you would articulate that, what sorts of concepts of heaven you have that that inmagery might insprie. I suspose it's to hear how you might articulate that?

His love is unconditional.

Conditional, unconditional, are terms, not kinds. What "kind" of love do you see in that picture?

It's kinda hard to put into words. I guess I'll have to learn if I'm going to be a minister. :)

In that picture, I see a loving Jesus with His creation. The one He died for. I see Him loving her no matter what she has done or will do. He loves her with the love of a father for his daughter. It shows that His love is unconditional and that no one can ever love her the way He does. He loves with compassion, gentleness, and tenderness. His love is like no other. That's what I see in it, anyway...

I'm just curious Scott if you were to see the image above where the woman's arms were not down at her sides, but were clearly up holding his face at the same time, along with the wounds in the hand no longer bleeding, but were a faint distant scar, what would that image say to you? I'm asking this quite sincerely.

As far as becoming a minister to be able to put things into words, that really has more to do with education. With education comes a greater vocabulary. The greater your vocabulary, the more you are able to conceptualize, IMO. I am all for that! By all means continue to expose yourself to ideas.

That may look like something sexual then. I believe it's because we live in a sex saturated world, and many times we can't see pure love, like Jesus', because this world has so much sex in it {Not that sex is bad if it's between a married couple}.

I didn't mean that I was going to become a Minister to put things into words. I mean if I am going to become a Minister, I better learn how to put things into words to get the message across.

Amy, How much of you is in your own artwork? And amy what is your definition of beauty?

He cannot sin because He would never transgress against His own law.

He that commiteth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. 1 John 3:8

Is this because it would be wrong, or is it becaue his law is inapplicable to him?