Goodbye Jesus

Is It Just Me?

Purple

Asimov, guys are also a part of the Bride of Christ.

So, if guys are part of the Bride of Christ, that makes it a homosexual relationship, doesn't it? So if it's okay, for guys to have a homosexual relationship with Jesus, why can't they have a homosexual relationship with anyone else? Guys can be married to Jesus, but not to any other guy? I'm so very confused, please straighten me out.

Hey, let's face it, roknrolr. The christian church is anti-gay. As long as they construe the bible literally, they are forced to be so. Therefore, people of reason and humane sensibilities must oppose the fundies absolutely. There is no reason for confusion. Marry the love of your life. whether female or male. Stand up against a fascism of ancient, bronze-age texts.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dhampir

• J.S.

• Purple

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or does this look a lot like the Barbie version of Cinderella, with Jesus cast as Prince Charming...

Jesus would have to spread himself pretty thin to spend quality face time with all the women (and men, for that matter) who believe they're going to be his "special companion" come the Rapture. Catfights, for sure. Plenty of folks who think "Jesus loves you, but I'm really his favorite."

Who is right and who is wrong?

It's been assumed here that I 'hate gays'. Way wrong, and those who have argued with me the most aren't even around anymore.

Trolls.

Is the Christian Church anti-gay? Yes it is, by and large. But I have to ask, why are the 'gays' here so damn paranoid about it? I mean, don't go to those churches then. Isn't this site supposed to be about ex-Christians? I still maintain that those among us that 'preach' tolerance, have none of their own, hence, they are as guilty of fundie-mentalism and hypocrity as any Baptist. Both are silly, and I have tried to show that, and have been called a 'flaming homophobe', intolerant (whatever that buzzword really means...please think before you respond), and various other names by those in the know for my efforts.

In the Bible view the "Bride of Christ", refers to the Church...the body of Christ on earth, being united with the Head of the Church; Jesus.

So many can make fun of the 'head of Christ', the 'body of Christ', and who or whom constitutes the 'bride', and whatever, but until and unless you have something to say that refutes the notion of the Bride of Christ, don't call yourself an ex-Christian, and don't wonder why I, for one, take exception to those of you wannabes that post here.

Get your Bible straight, then you can get your rhetoric straight. 'K? As an ex-Cristian, I can tear your arguments apart, point by point.

Some of you here claim to be ex-C, or at least post here as such, and you are really irritating to those of us who are.

IMHO.

Duder

Dude...you okay? It looks like the bride and bridegroom has been used before Christianity. I'm not sure who you're upset with and why, but is it because of the lack of tolerance shown towards Christians? I understand that, but I have to also tell myself over and over not to be so intolerant myself. It's like any addiction or behavior that we had for so long and then gave up. Negative reinforcement helps...although annoying. Understanding comes after the anger and resentment...usually...hopefully. :D

There are many times we get frustrated because we just can't seem to get our point understood. It's only human to get annoyed, but it is more understanding to not get annoyed although much harder.

Duderonomy,

What is a "wannabe"? Is it a person who is 20 something and not had the level of theological instruction that you have had? Is it someone who disagrees with you? If you actually read this thread, and not browsed it, you would have seen the "bride of christ" thing was in reference to a specific romantic notion between a bizarre Christian poster and how she interpets the saying in a very personal and semi-erotic way.

Now, I want to ask you why you feel a need to attack ExChristians on this board who have not said anything to or about you? So you can tear apart other's arguments? Congratulations! Do you want a trophy?

It is my observation that anytime someone mentions "GLB" on this forum, you have a need to come in and start ripping into people. Duderonomy, why? Perhaps you have some anger issue you need to personally deal with. Regardless, your last post had zero to do with this thread and is in fact a means to derail it into some kind of tangential argument. Please refrain from doing that.

Bruce

• Admin

I'd say part of the problem is that although many of our board icons declare "Ex-Christians Unite," the reality is that ex-Christians are only united by a tenuous thread: the rejection of Christian dogma. Other than that one point of agreement, there’s as much diversity and variety of thought around here as can be jammed into a single forum.

And to me, that’s a very good thing.

There is absolutely no requirement, or need, or desire on my part, for every ex-Christian to agree with every other ex-Christian about everything -- or for that matter, anything.

Disagreement? I highly encourage it. Frequently it is disagreement, even somewhat heated disagreement, which will get people thinking. I see no downside to being provoked to thought, even if the provocation is barbed with emotion. But, degenerating into mindless, angry name calling (or something akin to that) seems counterproductive on every level.

Please keep in mind that in any war of words there is always the option of waving the white flag of common courtesy.

This comment is not directed to anyone in particular, just a general observation.

Dear lord (pun intended)!

You know, notblinded, I think it is a personal problem with me. Honest. I don't mean to come off as a jerk. I'm all for a good argument, but man, why am I so pissed all the time here when I post? It certainly isn't anyone here. I mean, even if someone rubs me the wrong way, there are certainly better ways to put my 2 cents in than lashing out at people I don't know, who are as entitled to their opinions as I am to mine!

To the three posters above this post...thanks for your comments . I really will take them to heart. I do need to read more and think before I post. I took time off from this board (my favorite online place) because I was getting quite pissy and angry in my posts. maybe I need more time?

I'll try again.

I do want to say that I believe it's my fundemental ex-Christianity that still automatically puts me on the attack with those of differing views than I had as a Christian, or with those who have views unlike mine as an exChristian. But that's not the problem of anyone here, it's my problem. I'll figure it out eventually...

Duder

... I do want to say that I believe it's my fundemental ex-Christianity that still automatically puts me on the attack with those of differing views than I had as a Christian, or with those who have views unlike mine as an exChristian. But that's not the problem of anyone here, it's my problem. I'll figure it out eventually...

Good luck, Dude! I have to admit that fundamentalism and homophobia are both foreign mindsets to me. I can't understand why anyone would embrace either concept, so I don't understand what motivates some of your posts and I can't offer any good advice in this regard. However, I did want to comment that I am glad you are questioning yourself (which is something we all probably need to do more often), and I wish you well in working through your problems.

Thanks Thackerie.

I'm not homophobic, though, and I have been accused of that because I said I didn't like 'in your face' sexuality from anyone, from the 'gay' community to the hetero jocks in the locker room. I was misunderstood for that by most, because I got all heated in my responses instead of being rational. that's what I mean/meant in my tirades against militant sexuality.

Anyway, on to the O.P...

Yes, this picture could be interpreted this way. If you remember, I was the one that first pointed out the "Peter blowing Jesus" picture, or the "Sword in the Black Ass picture", and I think a couple more that Amy posted, and I didn't get credit for it. I actually thought that the artwork in question on this thread was passable, even to my perverted eyes. But I see what you mean.

Why couldn't I say that in the first place?

I dunno.

:shrug:

Dear lord (pun intended)!

You know, notblinded, I think it is a personal problem with me. Honest. I don't mean to come off as a jerk. I'm all for a good argument, but man, why am I so pissed all the time here when I post? It certainly isn't anyone here. I mean, even if someone rubs me the wrong way, there are certainly better ways to put my 2 cents in than lashing out at people I don't know, who are as entitled to their opinions as I am to mine!

Dude...I understand that so much. I have taken a couple of breaks from here myself that lasted a few months each time. It has helped, but when a flood of fundies comes on here it's hard to not sound pissy still. The anger I had carried over to the outside (of cyberspace) world. I'd see a fish on a car and start muttering names under my breath. Someone would say, "god bless you" and I'd take offense. Not openly to them...but the under-my-breath type of muttering. It's just not good to feel that all the time.

I still do have to catch myself sometimes, but it's now not so bad. You'll be fine. :D

Thank you too, Not blinded.

What you said helped a lot. I know that this site isn't about me, and I know this thread isn't either.

I've said my piece(s) about Amy's artwork, and I think I should leave it at that for now!

I think I'll start a thread about ex Fundie anger.

Duder