Goodbye Jesus

Calvinism = Nazi

been borg again

"I hope you Calvinists rememebr this when your in Heaven, and right behind the curtian the rest of humanity screams in pain while you sing your love songs to God...

oh yea I forgot, God is going to erase all memory of your pre-doomed loved ones in hell .

I guess God wanted robots after all."

I am a calvinist and i think the majority of time in the eternal state will be spent laughing at the people who have earned an eternity of suffering.  There's no way my memory is going to be wiped, I am going to be laughing at you!

Cool, I always wanted to be a comic.

Would you laugh at your kids too?

Besides you may be one of the damned; you won't know til you die. Better work on your oneliners just incase.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been borg again

• Totallyatpeace

• Ouroboros

• Mythra

Guest MacGyver

Even though I wasn't lying, I wrote what I did to get a rise out of y'all. I see no point in arguing with anyone so join a discussion I started on presuppositions. It's called "Back to the Start".

Even though I wasn't lying, I wrote what I did to get a rise out of y'all. I see no point in arguing with anyone so join a discussion I started on presuppositions.  It's called "Back to the Start".

Arrogant.

Even though I wasn't lying, I wrote what I did to get a rise out of y'all.  I see no point in arguing with anyone so join a discussion I started on presuppositions.  It's called "Back to the Start".

It's rather sad to realize that the concepts of integrity, directness, and compassion have not advanced much since the day when Calvin invited Michael Servetus to come to Geneva...

-Lokmer

Even though I wasn't lying, I wrote what I did to get a rise out of y'all.  I see no point in arguing with anyone so join a discussion I started on presuppositions.  It's called "Back to the Start".

Ok Nicholas S.

Isnt it better to be honest instead of trolling?

Being the psycic that I am, I am getting some vibes from you that dont add up to your professed beleifs.

1. I get the vibe UNITARIAN all over the place, and your surrounded by Unitarians

2. your an actor, music or something like that.

1+2= I think your bored and trolling.

please be more honest.

from your friendly neighborhood closet empath

Guest MacGyver
Ok Nicholas S.

Isnt it better to be honest instead of  trolling?

Being the psycic that I am, I  am getting some vibes from you that dont add up to your  professed beleifs.

1. I get the vibe UNITARIAN all over the place, and your surrounded by Unitarians

2. your an actor, music  or something like that.

1+2= I think your bored and trolling.

please be more honest.

from your friendly neighborhood closet empath

That is pretty strange. I am not sure who this is. It's pretty scary if you are a psychic though. My parents are unitarians. But I am not an actor. I have acted in the past, but not anymore. But please know that I am not lying about what I say. I don't know what trolling is. Wow this is weird. I'll find out who this is someday.

Guest MacGyver

Guess what: I get this idea from the Bible, the book that everyone hates.

Psa 52:1 Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God [endureth] continually.

Psa 52:2 Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.

Psa 52:3 Thou lovest evil more than good; [and] lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.

Psa 52:4 Thou lovest all devouring words, O [thou] deceitful tongue.

Psa 52:5 God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of [thy] dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.

Psa 52:6 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:

Psa 52:7 Lo, [this is] the man [that] made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, [and] strengthened himself in his wickedness.

Psa 52:8 But I [am] like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

Psa 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done [it]: and I will wait on thy name; for [it is] good before thy saints.

According to v. 6 the righteous will laugh at the wicked man as he is being destroyed. I am thankful to the people who warn me to be sure of my salvation, and I am. It is not a "holier than thou", I do not believe I was chosen due to any merit of my own, but I boast in the Lord that I was chosen. That is my reason for belief that I will laugh at those eternally suffering. At least one of them.

Oh yeah, and the love thing. Love, the kind of love that God is, is not an emotion. It is an action. You all know 1 Cor. 13 and if you reread it you will see that they are not feelings, but ways to act towards another. Love, as I believe the Bible defines it, is acting lawfully towards another. I love everyone in that way, but I have no feelings of love for 99% of non-christians.

That is pretty strange.  I am not sure who this is.  It's pretty scary if you are a psychic though.  My parents are unitarians.  But I am not an actor.  I have acted in the past, but not anymore.  But please know that I am not lying about what I say.  I don't know what trolling is.  Wow this is weird.  I'll find out who this is someday.

No I dont know who the hell you are, I get thoughts vibes and patterns from somebody I focus on, its something I have been able to do since I left fundyism.

It happens all the time and there are others here who have the same " gift" or whatever it is.

what I get from you, besides repeating what I said :

is first your name..

Mick, dick, nick, Rick, with a "ohlus" sound.. sO i assume it means Nicholus,

cuz your name would not be, I am assuming Rickolus, mickoless, or dickless (lol, no offense)

The second part of you name I get vibes of a bed or a matteress for some reason.

and also somethinglike " Steel, Wheel, Reel, Wheely, mostly an 's', so I assume your name is nicholes S?

Secondly I get vibes of you either A. being Unitarion, or B. having some major issues with your parents, and you seem to fit the classic profile of a dude who rebels against his parents religion, in this case growing up Unitarian ( I think) into something your parents dont approve of, like Calvinism or something.

Thirdly, I get vibes of you living in Montana, up in the high Rocky Mountains, but that is something that is a non issue.....

anyways, sorry, if I assumed you were a troll... a troll is someone who comes into a forum dishonestly and says things just to get a rise out of people.. something like "I will be laughing at you when your in hell" is about as trollish as you can get... and when you make such a strong NEGATIVE statement like that, my psychic powers jump all over the map

MacGuyver - You are so lucky to be one of the chosen ones.

I am apparently one of the "common vessels" made by your god, designed

for destruction, so that your god can demonstrate his power.

However, you say you are sure of your salvation. Are you really sure?

Have you called anyone a fool lately? Then you are in danger of the fire

of hell. (Oh, I forgot, Jesus called people fools, oops.)

Have you given alway all your possessions? No? Then you can't be a disciple

of Christ. (Luke 14)

Do you still have two hands and two eyes? Either you disobey the lord or

you are incredibly pure.

Have you ever been divorced or married a divorced person? You filthy

adulterer..

Do you always forgive others? ALWAYS? if not, then you can't be forgiven.

Do you give to anyone who asks?

You don't have any money in savings, do you? (Don't lay up for yourself

treasures on earth)

Do you judge others? shaky ground, dude.

Oh, I forgot, salvation by grace. free gift.

God is not the god of confusion? What book in the history of mankind has

caused more confusion than the mess we call the bible?

Been borg again draws some striking similarities between the Nazi frame of mind

and the calvanist theology. Anytime a group of people think that they are the chosen ones of God and all others are a lesser species of human being, there is no limit to the atrocities that they are capable of committing. The Jews were exterminated and viewed as vermin because they

were the "christ killers", and belonged to the synogogue of satan (rev. 2) Martin

Luther does not have clean hands when it comes to the downward spiral leading to the Nazi Holocaust.

I just feel so sorry for the poor Holocaust victims because after being starved and tortured and gassed to death, now they scream in eternal torment for the past sixty or so years while suffering in eternal flames. blessed be our great and merciful god.

the thing though with the Old Test. stories of atrocities, is there is no archeological evidence that most of the stories in the bible ever happened the way the bible describes . I mean we have some evidence of lesser/minor kings mentioned in the bible, yet not one scrap of physical evidence showing the existence of David ,Solomon, Moses, joshua. exodus or even the tribes of Isreal.

Most archeologists these days pretty much agree that the Isrealites never migrated to Isreal, instead they are decendents of local Cannanites and never rose to power the way the bible describes...

Which may mean they never even had all those battles and atrocities that the bible described.

Even the Jewish ( nationalist) archeologists of the Isreali government over the past few years are starting to admit the same thing

Yeah, back when I was living in the Jesus Box, I used to laugh at the Mormons

because they believed in an ancient race of americans for which there was

absolutely no archaeological evidence. What a bunch of brainwashed clowns.

Then I accidentally found out that there is absolutely no archaeological evidence

that 2 million jews wandered around the desert chasing their tales for 40 years.

Oops.

If only Satan hadn't tempted me into reading something besides the bible.

I am a calvinist and i think the majority of time in the eternal state will be spent laughing at the people who have earned an eternity of suffering.  There's no way my memory is going to be wiped, I am going to be laughing at you!

That's why I think God must be omni-benevolent and such a lovely and caring person. Especially that he was so thoughtful to give you the gift of “vindictivism”.

Your heart is really pure...

:Hmm:

BBB,

Focus on me, I just want to see what you come up with.  Sorry, just curious.

BTW, his statement about laughing at people in hell, is fairly common for extreme fundies.  I've heard that statement made before in various forms.

MADAME M

Ok lets see, but I may be off mark since it only works good with a particular type of person, other wise I get little tidbits of details that arnt that big of a deal.

Like all I get from you is that your wearing a purple shirt, a Yankees Ball Cap, you live in the desert.. you drive an Honda or Toyota, and your supervisors name is Stan.. or Dan,..a short guy with a bad hair cut?

You must be having some conflict with you supervisor..

thats all I get from you..sorry, the information is probably silly.

How accurate am I ?

That is my reason for belief that I will laugh at those eternally suffering.

And MacGyver calls us evil.

Poor little person. It must be hard to be so lonely. I'm glad you get your panties all wet from coming here.

Oh BBB, you totally have me pegged.  You must be a prophet! :notworthy:

Woah, that really worked?

Look at the guy from Tennessee, he’s psychic!

Reads the story for this “Madam M” chick;

He totally winged it,

But still did nail it.

If he gets successful, I can be his side kick!

Guest Son of Belial

I'm still trying to figure out why a Calvinist would laugh at those in Hell, when Calvinists believe that God forces them to sin and go to Hell without any free will anyway. It's like laughing at cripples, and I'm sure that MacGyver would love to compare us to cripples...

Guest aexapo
MacGyver, I have just one question for you.....

How can you be a Follower of Christ and say something like that?

Tap

This is the legacy of Christianity -- talk about God's love and compassion on Sunday, and you're able do whatever the hell you want to the other six days. And even better, you commit any form of evil you want -- as long as it's in the name of God. The "ethnic cleansing" of the "promised land," the Inquisition, the crusades, the salem witch trials, the Southern lynchings -- just speak in tongues, and you can do just about anything you want!

Hububububububu-HA!

Ain't god big? Woooo!

ok let me try you Astos, but I get some fuzzy stuff,

so I may be way off with my

reading..

your wifes name is Emily,

your name is Jeff...jefferson.. or Chris

Last name Develyn? something with a D' like Devin.

and you seem to like musicals LOL

I dont know Im losing it. something aint right, maybe I am guessing.

let me know...

sorry guys for derailing the thread with idiotic stuff.

I'm still trying to figure out why a Calvinist would laugh at those in Hell, when Calvinists believe that God forces them to sin and go to Hell without any free will anyway. It's like laughing at cripples, and I'm sure that MacGyver would love to compare us to cripples...

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Calvinists seem to take such great pleasure at arguing with, mocking, and hoping to laugh eternally at those that their own God has destined for destruction. It makes NO sense. I don't *believe* and according to Calvinists, that is God's will. What good does it do to laugh at those God created for kindling?

From a psychological perspective, it shows a deep-rooted doubt of their own belief system, and the need to build themselves up by mocking those that don't believe like them...but if the Calvinist REALLY believed what he was saying, he'd probably just be impartial towards non-believers...what's the point in mocking/arguing with those that God has destined for his eternal "justice?"

a few cool Calvin quotes, to make us all feel warm and fuzzy with love....

Yet consider now, whether women are not quite past sense and reason, when they want to rule over men.

John Calvin

>>>--------> God preordained, for his own glory and the display of His attributes of mercy and justice, a part of the human race, without any merit of their own, to eternal salvation, and another part, in just punishment of their sin, to eternal damnation. <-----------<<<

WOW talk about stretching and twisting the concept of MERCY!!!

LOL

No man is excluded from calling upon God, the gate of salvation is set open unto all men: neither is there any other thing which keepeth us back from entering in, save only our own unbelief.

John Calvin

Man with all his shrewdness is as stupid about understanding by himself the mysteries of God, as an ass is incapable of understanding musical harmony.

John Calvin

Man's mind is like a store of idolatry and superstition; so much so that if a man believes his own mind it is certain that he will forsake God and forge some idol in his own brain.

John Calvin

Knowledge of the sciences is so much smoke apart from the heavenly science of Christ.

John Calvin

I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels.

John Calvin

Every one of us is, even from his mother's womb, a master craftsman of idols.

John Calvin

"Who will venture to place the authority of Copernicus above that of the Holy Spirit?"

[John Calvin,

"We are all made of mud, and as this mud is not just on the hem of our gown, or on the sole our boots, or in our shoes. We are full of it, we are nothing but mud and filth both inside and outside."

[John Calvin

....check out Calvins opinion of the Jews.......

He wrote of Jews, "Their rotten and unbending stiffneckedness deserves that they be oppressed unendingly and without measure or end and that they die in their misery without the pity of anyone.

a copy of the decree that united the German church with the Riech,.. way to go Luther!

Article 1 of the "Decree concerning the Constitution of the German Protestant Church, of 14 July 1933," signed by Adolf Hitler himself, merged the German Protestant Church into the Reich, and gave the Reich the legal authority to ordain priests.

Article Three provides absolute assurance to the new state church that the Reich will fund it, even if that requires going to Hitler's cabinet. It opens: "Should the competent agencies of a State Church refuse to include assessments of the German Protestant Church in their budget, the appropriate State Government will cause the expenditures to be included in the budget upon request of the Reich Cabinet."

That new state-sponsored German church's constitution opens: "At a time in which our German people are experiencing a great historical new era through the grace of God," the new German state church "federates into a solemn league all denominations that stem from the Reformation and stand equally legitimately side by side, and thereby bears witness to: 'One Body and One Spirit, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father of All of Us, who is Above All, and Through All, and In All.'"

Section Four, Article Five of he new constitution further established a head for the new German state-church with the title of Reich Bishop. Hitler quickly filled the job with a Lutheran pastor, Ludwig Müller, who held the position until he committed suicide at the end of the war.

( p.s.)the webmaster here will be thrilled to know I googled " Calvin Quotes" and this website in on the first page of Google

http://www.borndigital.com/calvin.htm

more calvin stuff.....

Calvin said in his "Institutes of the Christian Religion" [1536], that even though it is "awful," "Some men are born devoted from the womb to certain death [to eternal suffering and damnation, not to mere oblivion], that God's name be glorified in their destruction." He also says: "If there were no one to punish, then God would be incapable of demonstrating that he was a mysteriously vindictive God."

When Calvin came to power in Geneva, he first established a set of "Ordinances," and a committee called the "Consistory" to oversee adherence to the rules. These "spiritual police" would knock on doors and ask questions, go through people's books and letters, and were not to be resisted. Once a month, everyone in town, old or young, rich or poor, was required to submit to questioning, as to whether they knew their prayers, or why they had missed one of Master Calvin's sermons.

Prohibition extended to theater, festivals, dancing, singing, cards, fancy clothing, jewelry, lace, extra buttons or bows, iceskating, and sports in general. Girls were forbidden to wear silk before the age of 15, after that age they were not allowed to wear velvet. Wheeled carriages were prohibited, family feasts of over 20 people were forbidden. At weddings, betrothals, and baptisms, no more than a specified number of courses was to be served, and no fruit or candy. Game, four-footed or winged, and pastry, were all prohibited.

Married people were not allowed to exchange gifts until they had been married six months. Any sculpture or public art was forbidden. A special permit was required to print anything for publication. It was forbidden to write letters abroad, and local mail was all read by the committee, coming and going.

The naming of children was under strict church control. Only Biblical names were allowed. Feasting was prohibited for Christmas and Easter.

Everyone was encouraged to spy on everyone else, children on their parents, workers against each other, servants against their masters.

Thousands of people were imprisoned, tortured, and burned to death during Calvin's reign, but he never attended the final Autos de Fe.

Here is a quote from Stephan Zweig's "The Right To Heresy:"

"Most savagely of all were punished any offenders whose behavior challenged Calvin's political and spiritual infalliblity. A man who had publicly protested against the reformer's doctrine of predestination was mercilessly flogged at all the crossways of the city and then expelled. A book printer who, in his cups, had railed at Calvin was sentenced to have his tongue perforated with a red-hot iron before being expelled from the city. Jacques Gruet was racked and then executed merely for having called Calvin a hypocrite."

Calvinism has spread far and wide, coloring many strands of Christianity, including American Bible-Belt Fundamentalism. Geneva, unlike other comparable European cities, produced no great musicians or artists during the renaissance, because of Calvin, until Jean Jaques Rousseau, in 1712.

that is some seriously scary shit...

although it does help me to understand those that proudly wear the name "Calvinsit."

shudder...