Goodbye Jesus

Mcdonald's Rant..

Lizard

For the most part, I don't like Micky D's anyway..but after seeing their sign today..I like them even less.

Every day I drive passed the athletic complex for our school district on my way home from work. Across the street from there is a McDonald's. I usually just zip on by, but today the light caught me.

So, I'm sitting there waiting and start looking around. I notice their marquee sign. "Snack Wrap $1.29". No big deal..advertising. But, underneath that it says:

"pray b4 you play"

That just annoyed the shit out of me. I guess you can say what you want on your signs..but, I'll not be stopping by that store for anything. Its attached to a gas station/convenience store too.

For the most part, I don't like Micky D's anyway..but after seeing their sign today..I like them even less.

Every day I drive passed the athletic complex for our school district on my way home from work. Across the street from there is a McDonald's. I usually just zip on by, but today the light caught me.

So, I'm sitting there waiting and start looking around. I notice their marquee sign. "Snack Wrap $1.29". No big deal..advertising. But, underneath that it says:

"pray b4 you play"

That just annoyed the shit out of me. I guess you can say what you want on your signs..but, I'll not be stopping by that store for anything. Its attached to a gas station/convenience store too.

Send an email to McDonald's corporate about it (To whom it may concern, I don't feel that it is in the best interests of your corporation to post religion messages on your marqee. If this continues I don't believe that I will be frequenting your establishment and will be urging my friends and family to do likewise. Thank you.). Something like that, perhaps? Just a little feedback can go a long way to put the franchises in line. I haven't had anything like this but I had a local Taco Bell stop giving out water and a quick, friendly, email to corporate and now they cheerfully give out water cups. :)

mwc

McDs are all franchise owned. The local store is probably owned by someone local.

You expect anything less from a restaurant that has its TVs perma-set to Fox News?

the franchise will be owned by someone, probably local, but corporate McDonald's cares a lot about standardization and control of the image of their product. So yeah, I'd contact McDonald's in the way that mwc suggests.

McDs are all franchise owned. The local store is probably owned by someone local.

Yeah, I know, but when wondering around eating at various fast fooderies I have sent several emails to the corporate HQ's and have always gotten action at the franchise level. The corporate folks don't want the overall image tarnished and the franchise has the obligation to uphold that overall image. I doubt that McD's wants to be seen as entering the religious arena and if the message sent tells McD's that you frown on that then they will likely echo that to the local franchise.

I suppose you could confront the franchise itself but in this case I have always hit a brick wall. Once I learned to apply a little polite pressure from above is when things changed. Personally, I don't ask for much. I don't think being able to get a cup of water with a meal, or in another situation, being able to actually finish my meal without being tossed out ("closing time...everyone out" <boot>) are above and beyond.

I also don't think eating, at an international chain, without being exposed to a personal religious and/or political agenda is asking too much (of course one might argue that other cable news leans other directions so you might not have a chance on the latter issue unless they stop simply showing things on the TV and start putting something more than "Remember to vote" on Super Tuesday). "Voting" with your wallet works but only if you let someone *who cares* know and the guy maintaining the sign certainly won't give a damn to see you go so it's best to give someone who might care a chance to make things right.

mwc

"pray b4 you play"

That just annoyed the shit out of me.

:lmao:

Honestly, I'm with you. I guess you feel similar to me back then in the goo' ol' times of Expo 2000... I ate at one of the McD sites there and the motive on that silly piece of paper placed on the tablets blew me away. I didn't know if I should laugh or curse.

That motive was a ECG reading displaying a regular, healthy heart activity at first... in the middle one McD symbol (that fucking "M")... and then total chaos (don't know the proper English term... in German it's "Kammerflimmern").

So what did they want to tell their customers? That they'll all get heart attacks after eating there? :Hmm:

A normal citizen might just have smiled, shaken her head and gone on... but as a devoted volunteer medic you feel kind of different about such things. :blink: