Goodbye Jesus

Jesus And Blatant Racism

Asimov

Matthew 15:22-27

22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession."

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us."

24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

25 The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said.

26 He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."

27 "Yes, Lord," she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table."

Wow, I mean...wow. Do I need ANY more proof that Jesus was such an asshole that he actually would refer to this women and her people as dogs.

Interestingly, the Assyrian people at my place of work also call other followers of "God" dogs. As far as they are concerned they are the ONLY true believers.

You are right, Asimov. All that crap about Jesus having come only for the Jews is a clear contradiction to the christian jesus-loves-me message.

I always thought that if JC wasn't god, at least he was an enlightened individual. But those racist, mean bible verses really make the guy look bad.

Apologetics try to justify it by saying that he cured the child after the women begged him to. Actually there's lots of stuff int he Gospels that show jesus to be an arsehole: insulting his family, insulting his disciples, saying that he will turn family members against each other , etc etc...

As Ken Humphreys justly put it... Jebus - the neighbor from Hell

Apologetics try to justify it by saying that he cured the child after the women begged him to.

He did it AFTER she admitted she was a dog and was begging for the scraps like a dog.

Maybe He was into S&M? Or the author was, with Jesus giving the OK to it all, by His self righteous attitude?

But to me, the big part of this story was the disciples urging Jesus to "Send her away", because she kept crying out after them.

To this day, 'disciples' do the same to those who have real needs, or real questions.

Jesus isn't racist. He is just a pimp keeping his beeyoches in line!

Asimov has a point. There is a lot of blatant racism in the Bible, and fundies use it to justify their pov.

Guest Big Mac
A young man, wearing nothing but a linen garment, was following Jesus. When they seized him, he fled naked, leaving his garment behind. – Mark 14.51,52

What the fuck?!

Jesus racist or not lived at a differnt time when energy was alot less. Most people in that time were racist-clanish.That is the fact...Most people were racist up until about the oil age began in around 1900. Cheap energy is the glue that keeps everything together...Jesus was just a product of his time.

That's no excuse. It does not make racism right. I suppose Hitler was just a product of his time too. Tell that to all those who died because of him.

Jesus racist or not lived at a differnt time when energy was alot less. Most people in that time were racist-clanish.That is the fact...Most people were racist up until about the oil age began in around 1900. Cheap energy is the glue that keeps everything together...Jesus was just a product of his time.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that people aren't racist today?

Guest Big Mac

What the hell are you talking about? Are you saying that people aren't racist today?

What he (or she, I'm assuming male for simply the fact I am pulling a 24 hour stint in order to get my sleep pattern adjusted to Graveyard schedule at work so BACK THE FUCK OFF ME!) means is people are not as readily blatant about their racism. Face it, we all are racist more or less. If we weren't it'd be a Hallmark card with all its campy gayness. I can't stand Ghetto Black people (as opposed to the normal black people who are not bad people and possess certain work ethic that I find admirable, that and I'm not big on Asian foreigners, now THEY are totally racist/sexist/homophobic! I know from first hand experience. Though I admit, it is a racist view but sadly it can be pretty honest on the most part.) Telling Haji to go park the camels tends to get gas prices all up into the highs. Then we'll blame Bush or any other republican in office.

Bothered by my reply? Too bad, I am not losing any sleep over that, I'm losing it over work and school.....wankers :P