Goodbye Jesus

Does Christianity Foster Low Self Esteem?

LosingMyReligion

Yes, Xianity is great for making you feel worthless, but even more insidious is how they make you feel good about feeling like shit compared to Jebus. After you listen to the spiel about how perfect Jebus is and how sinful and deserving of torment we all are, you are made to feel very good about trying to be like the flawless Jebus.

Xianity not only fosters bad self-esteem but also fosters severe masochism. You are made to enjoy hating yourself.

Yeah, and that weird "You're the worst scum of the earth but you're holier than everybody else because you have Jeebus" thing is just bizarre.

Monty Python got it right:

God: Arthur...Arthur...King of the Britons...[Arthur and his knights kneel] Oh, don't grovel! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people grovelling.

Arthur: [Getting up] Sorry.

God: And don't apologize! Every time I try to talk to someone it's 'sorry this' and 'forgive me that' and 'I'm not worthy.' What are you doing now?

Arthur: [Averting his eyes] I'm averting my eyes, O Lord.

God: Well, don't. It's like those miserable Psalms, they're so depressing. Now knock it off!

Arthur: Yes, Lord!

As the saying goes burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

Or in GeeDubya-ese "Burn me once....shame on me...burn me....YA BURN ME YA NOT GONNA BURN ME AGAIN!"

:lmao:

Sorry couldn't resist. After seeing that video, it's the only thing I can think of when someone says the "fool me once" phrase in any way shape or form. :HaHa:

I remember when I was a Freshman in high school. I held strongly to the "turn the other cheek" creed, and there was this one kid who ALWAYS picked on me...

It kept on until the 10th grade before I finally kicked his ass. After that he left me alone...

Turning the other cheek does not work. You have to fight back and defend yourself.