Goodbye Jesus

Muhammad's Sword By Uri Avnery

nivek

Muhammad's Sword by Uri Avnery

(Saturday September 23 2006)

"The story about "spreading the faith by the sword" is an evil legend, one of the myths that grew up in Europe during the great wars against the Muslims - the reconquista of Spain by the Christians, the Crusades and the repulsion of the Turks, who almost conquered Vienna. I suspect that the German Pope, too, honestly believes in these fables. That means that the leader of the Catholic world, who is a Christian theologian in his own right, did not make the effort to study the history of other religions."

Linkadink to a facinating historical view. Agree, diagree, the author makes some not.so.obvious conecting of dots.

kFL

A current fable attempting to humanize the Christian methods by which Europe was christened is an affront to us all.

Being from Norway where the records speak plainly I can state with certainty that there was no mercy but rather cruel inhumane murdering of those who did not readily adopt the cult.

As a further example of the cruelty of the Christian missionaries I read a report made by a relative missionary several hundred years ago about how the Laplanders in the Norway were Christened and this is an embarrassment to all.

From the time Pope Innocent III in 1208 ordered the extinction of heathen barbarism was the order of the day among Christendom. There is the record of the "Albigensians Crusades" which slaughtered about half the French population and can never be justified.

(The "Albigensians" were Cathars, a Gnostic sect of Christians who taught salvation came through wisdom and not faith. They did not believe in murder and were not trained soldiers hence the ease by which they were slaughtered. The French city Albe was especially hard hit hence the name Albigensians.)

Christendom never showed mercy until conscientious people no longer could tolerate the cruel cult, indicating that people are much better than the barbaric Christian cult.

Best Rasmus