Excuses For Hell

Kurari

What are some of the excuses you've heard that justifies Hell as a just punishment?

These are the ones I've heard:

"Well of course it doesn't make sense to us, because we're humans and we can't understand God's Will and how deeply our actions affect Him."

"It just is."

"Sins are like direct insults to God, so when you sin and don't repent, God has the right to get mad because you've hurt Him first."

I think that one is my favorite. Guess nobody ever taught God to "Ignore them and they'll get bored and stop." :lmao:

"God isn't willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. However, those who choose to serve sin are enemies of God."

"What else do you think he should do with those who refuse to love him?"

Though my favourite is...

"God doesn't send people to hell, people choose to go there by rejecting God"

My favorite excuse comes from the hyper-Calvinists, who believe that God created the wicked for the express purpose of burning them in hell for eternity, that they are predestinated to the flames of hell, and that he delights in their torment, which is as much a testimony of his holiness as the angels and the elect standing around his throne eternally shouting "Holy, holy holy."

How about "God didn't create hell of humans, he created it for Satan and his demons" (Totally ignoring the fact that God is omniscient, so knew full well humans would end up in there too)

"It's all in god's plan." (Yeah, so apparently his plan is torture and mass murder.)

Or "Hell is only for the bad people. If you live a good life you don't go there." (Said by most liberal Christians. However, it totally ignores the fact that infinite torture for finite sins is illogical.)

Christians are fucking dumb for believing in Hell. They only do because they "have to" in order to be a Christian. Most water it down to some kind of "Christ-less eternity"

I don't belive in BibleGod, or Jesus anymore. (did for 17 years) I am not worried about it for the afterlife. I am worried about for this life I'm still living.

What are some of the excuses you've heard that justifies Hell as a just punishment?

These are the ones I've heard:

"Well of course it doesn't make sense to us, because we're humans and we can't understand God's Will and how deeply our actions affect Him."

"It just is."

"Sins are like direct insults to God, so when you sin and don't repent, God has the right to get mad because you've hurt Him first."

I think that one is my favorite. Guess nobody ever taught God to "Ignore them and they'll get bored and stop." :lmao:

my favorite is when all is said and done with their initial sugarcoating and they finally give the reason: Well its obvious Jesus was telling the truth ! Theres plenty of evidence for chrstianity and anyone who denies it deserves it. Thats when their true colors shine. All that "Free will" and "God defines morality" garbage was just a blanket they use to hide behind the fact that they really do consider themselves superior to non christians, and they really do judge others even though they claim they are told not to judge. Its my favorite because thats when you finally see christianity for what it is: Pride and arrogance.

A sin against god echoes eternally because god is eternal.
:nono: That's like skipping stones across ponds of various sizes and expecting them to go further when you throw them into bigger bodies of water.

"God is Holy, and can't tolerate any sin in His presence. So if you aren't covered by the blood of Jesus (i.e. saved/made righteous/etc.) then there will be no place else for you to go"

I always get a giggle out of:

God doesn't want to send people to hell.

I always wondered, if he is all powerful, and he doesn't want to do something, why in the world would he have to do it? :shrug:

I always wondered, if he is all powerful, and he doesn't want to do something, why in the world would he have to do it? :shrug:

JEEEZUSfucking christ! I never thought of it that way! Good post!

What irritates me is when someone questions Hell Doctrine and gets a response like "God knows what he's doing; who are you to judge the creator of the universe??" Or something like that. Some answer that basically says that God is above and beyond human morality and has the right to do with us whatever he pleases and we don't have any right to object because God isn't subject to our rules.

Or asking a Xian if they'd throw their own kid into Hell for disobeying them. I've yet to see a Xian say that they would, yet somehow they'd be fine with it if *God* threw their kid into Hell for not obeying him. And they just don't get how cruel that is, and think that God is still a "loving parent".

Dude. If God's a loving parent, I'd rather be an orphan, thankyouverymuch.

My favorite goes something like:

<please picture a ditzy blonde cheerleader-for-jesus type person with a big Christianly ear-to-ear smile on her face>

"Why God loved us sooooooo much that he didn't make us robots, but he gave us free will to choose to go to hell if we want to. Isn't it awsome that god loves us THAT much?! Three cheers for J-E-S-U-S, gooooo Jesus!!"

Umm. like. yeah. :Wendywhatever:

Yeah, I always heard the "God can't be in the presence of sin so sinners have to be separated from God in hell." Doesn't that make him less than omnipotent? He CAN'T be in the presence of sin? If he were truly omnipotent, he could banish sin altogether. Wouldn't this world be a much nicer place if he did that? Well, aside from us boozers not being able to booze it up, and us fornicators not being able to fornicate... :scratch: ...maybe it wouldn't be such a great place after all. Sin makes things more fun! :wicked:

Exactly! That's what I always think when Christians say that Jesus hasn't come back to earth because all the biblical prophecies haven't been fulfilled yet - if God is all-powerful, then that shouldn't make a blind bit of difference one way or the other.

Guest stinky-tofu

Someone once told me that in hell we'd be surrounded by all the things we loved in this world, but would find them unbearable because we'd know we were forever parted from God.

So God wasn't torturing us, but giving us everything we actually said we wanted.

I'd have to say, this is pretty clever psychologically.

The problem is, since god knows all, he knows that he's putting us in an unbearable situation, so he is really being cruel. This is just a way to try to wiggle out of admitting that.

Of course, the whole thing is a fabrication and bullshit. Clever, though.

My favorites:

"Mankind chose sin/brought sin into the world."

"We deserve Hell."

"You aren't sent to Hell. You choose to go there."

My favorite is the one where god doesn't "send" you to hell- hell is merely "separation from god". Of course, that explanation is conjured outta thin air... but lots of christians find it more comfortable than the more 'biblically sound' lake o' fire.

How about this: "In order to get to heaven, you are going to have to literally crawl over the hill with Christ on the cross."

Or: "God has to punish sinners because the human courts convict and sentence people who break human law."