Goodbye Jesus

Excuses For Hell

Kurari

"God doesn't send people to hell, people choose to go there by rejecting God"

To which I say...

"How do we get there, then? A cab?"

:lmao:

My favorite is the one where god doesn't "send" you to hell- hell is merely "separation from god". Of course, that explanation is conjured outta thin air... but lots of christians find it more comfortable than the more 'biblically sound' lake o' fire.

The excuses for hell are so full of holes that I wonder how we or anyone else were ever dumb enough to buy into them.

For example, what's the big woop about being separated from god? We've been separated all our lives and got along just fine without him/her/it.

And that one about god being unable to be in the presence of evil can be immediately refuted by the christian bible itself. After all, who was his gambling buddy in the book of Job? Yep, that ol' debbil.

Has this one already been said?

"God's just giving you what you wanted. You didn't want to be with him, so he's giving you exactly what you want."

Yep..whoops...it was pretty much said. :)

I once read this interview with Billy Graham where he said he used to think of hell as a place like Dante's Inferno but he now thinks of it more as being separated from God.