Goodbye Jesus

What Makes A Person An Atheist And Why

Guest michaelrosenweig

Atlantians? Some other lost civilization? Extraterrestrials? All are possibilities in my mind. Eventhough I am scientificaly minded, yes I can hold fantastic ideas and consider them as well. This is rather like a Pulmonologist I met at one point that smoked. Of all people, he should know better.

Well, to me this seems like an extraordinary claim, since in archeology we find no evidence of prior high-tech civilizations, even if they sunk. We have no alien spacecraft. Instead we have Graham Hancock and von Daniken that reinterpret ancient texts (like the Bible and the Vedas) for an extraordinary claim, but no proof.

And me, being around the religious for so long, know how dubious this is.

But we do have cultural anthropology, psychology, and physics that by far offer, not only better, but reasonable explanations for what you would consider "miracles and angels" instead of just substituting one type of unsubstantiated claim for another.

This is rather like a Pulmonologist I met at one point that smoked. Of all people, he should know better.

Your talking about common sense, which is categorically different than experts in fields of science and historical analysis, and a corpus of work, too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quicksand

• KenneyVTX

• Amethyst

• Japedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But we do have cultural anthropology, psychology, and physics that by far better offer reasonable explanations for what you would consider "miracles and angels" instead of just substituting one type of unsubstantiated claim for another.

I think it was more along the lines of someone like Chris Angel. I believe an Angel like that could have fooled many people. :) That guy is freaky! Just imagine someone like him 2000 years ago. Not just a magician and illusionist but one that understands human behavior so well that you will say and see just want he wants you to by mere suggestion or have assumed psychic abilities just by reading your body language.

I think it was more along the lines of someone like Chris Angel. I believe an Angel like that could have fooled many people. :) That guy is freaky! Just imagine someone like him 2000 years ago. Not just a magician and illusionist but one that understands human behavior so well that you will say and see just want he wants you to by mere suggestion or have assumed psychic abilities just by reading your body language.

Fools me! I checked this Criss thru Glass and I can't see how he he did it. Great stuff, But I have to wonder about the things he added thu. I wonder if you could win James Randi's 1 Million dollar contest?

Fools me! I checked this Criss thru Glass and I can't see how he he did it. Great stuff, But I have to wonder about the things he added thu. I wonder if you could win James Randi's 1 Million dollar contest?

Isn't that some freaky shit! Who's James Randi? I'm too lazy to google him right now! :)

Hey, he even walks on water too! From Criss Angel's Website And look how holy he looks! Just different clothes is all! :) There are some shots of him ascending too. :o:)

angel.jpg

angel2.jpg