Goodbye Jesus

How Much Does A Dead Iraqi Cost?

Queer Texan

Well, if it’s one of those things that you always wanted to know, there’s now an official price tag on the life of dead Iraqi. A recent Wall Street Journal report states that we’ve killed 600,000 innocent Iraqi citizens due to the Invasion; and for those keeping score, that’s twice as many as Saddam killed in twenty years.

The rest is simple math. Currently, the Invasion of Iraq has cost the United States government a third of a trillion dollars, or just at $333,000,000,000.00. Just so you have something to compare that to, our government spends about 2 trillion dollars a year, and since our current national debt is 8.5 trillion (yep, that means we owe about four times our national income), you can see that we haven’t paid for it yet — we’ve just put it on the plastic.

So, when we do the long division, we find that we’ve spent $555,000.00 dollars for every Iraqi we’ve sent to eternity (or the dirt, depending on your beliefs) because of their . . . well, because they did . . . well, we’re still not really sure why we killed them, but that’s how much it cost to kill each one.

And, by the way, if you happen to be an American, you’re only worth $30,000.00 dollars ALIVE! That’s how much you’d have to fork over to the nation’s creditors if Washington ever went belly up.

And now … back to our regular scheduled programming.

I hate my government. That's all I can say...

Don't worry - just chant USA! USA! :woohoo:

I fear this will mean almost nothing to the average American - if they ever even hear about it. Sad.

Don't worry - just chant USA! USA! :woohoo:

I fear this will mean almost nothing to the average American - if they ever even hear about it. Sad.

If this doesn't kill all will to stay in Iraq, I don't know what will. I don't know how leaving could be any worse -- if the collective toll goes over 1 million (which it will by this rate if we stay another two years), then there will be international calls for war crimes and the threads of credibility we'll have will be gone for a generation. Are we trying to beat Hitler?

So, when we do the long division, we find that we’ve spent $555,000.00 dollars for every Iraqi we’ve sent to eternity (or the dirt, depending on your beliefs)

Well not to be overly flippent...

But the true neo-cons, like Crystal and Frum, want to nuke Iran. This will save us much more money per fatality.

You see, the conservatives will take back the moral high-ground in how taxpayers money is spent! Pat Buchannen will be appy once again and then we can really concentrate on the Aztalan movement to take over the American Southwest! And if we don't attack them over there (and parts of the US), QT, you will be enslaved!

Why do I suddenly feel that the North Koreans have a point.