Goodbye Jesus

Why Didn't Jesus Tell Them About..

LookingGlass

It's amazing what the post-xtianity mind can come up with in its spare time..in my mind, there are a few things that Jesus could have talked about to TRULY help the people of his time. For example:

Germs - I know if I bought this up with a member of my fomer church, they'd look at me like I was dead stupid. But why didn't jesus tell people about good hygeine? There was no knowledge of germs and viruses back then. The majority of people who were sick during those times could have been spared by using simple practices, like washing your hand with soap, and not using the sponge that everyone else used to wipe at the public toilet. Jesus could've mentioned that, since he created everything and knew all of this before hand. Or would it have put a damper on his healing ministry? And another thing, if God designed the human body and made the good bacteria that help us to digest food, then where did the bad bacteria come from that makes everyone sick? Did god only create certain kinds of bacteria and then the rest came when Adam ate the apple? Hmm..

Birth control- A poor family having eight or nine kids at a time must have been a bummer...but maybe Jesus sided with the catholic church on this one.

Labor-saving devices- If I had been jesus and saw my followers slaving away in the heat just to harvest food for themselves, I would have thought, "Hm, they could really use a wheat-threshing machine." It's not like he wouldn't have the know-how to create one, being God and all. When you really love someone then you want to help them as much as you can, but jesus only did things on his own terms. The christian view of love is so warped, now that I think of it.

It does make you laugh, no? An all-knowing god somehow neglecting to mention this handy info to people? Whoever invented the Abrahamic god and gave it omniscience didn't stop to proof-read his work, given these obvious inconsistencies.

Of course, Xians will huff and puff that their god wants us to figure this stuff out on our own or that if he did it all for us then what would the point of living be, and so on. But it's just huffing and puffing - making excuses. An all-good god is morally obligated to help in whatever way it can, and an all-knowing god has the wisdom to impart. Combine the two and you have the contradiction known as the god of Abraham.

Pagan gods who must struggle and grow and learn like we humans do make more sense than a god who withholds everything yet claims to be good.

Good thinking, LookingGlass...

Yep, the more you think critically about the "gospel" the less sense it makes.

Yes, it's all really silly...but a good christian isn't suppose to think these things out too much or else. That's where all the excuses come from. Not having permission to rationalize for yourself. I remember making excuses for biblical inconsistancies quite often.

HA-HA! Don't expect any good health advice from god and/or god, jr. They (or is it, it or him?) apparently had no idea of how the human body worked even though god supposedly created everything and knows everthing. Case in point: "And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people." Leviticus 20:18

Her fountain??? Indeed! Unclean??? Just for being just as god made her!