Goodbye Jesus

Depressed

Mike D

Well I recently decided to change my whole life and start a new career and sell my house and basically start over from scratch. So I put my house on the market and sold it in one day and I have to be moved out of here in a week and a half. I really didn't totally want to sell but I am trying to reduce my expenses because of the career change so I think I am going to have to rent for now. And I HATE renting, and worst than that I can't even find a place.....almost every place I have looked is either too small or on a busy noisy street or it's a dump. There's always some issue it seems like. But I am now running out of time, if I don't find a place like quick I am going to be homeless. And I have so much to do before the sale closes I don't even have time for this shit. Part of me just wants to call someone to haul away everything I own except for my laptop and clothes and go live in a hotel until I can figure it out. But it seems kind of stupid to just throw away all my stuff, jesus i just spent 5 grand a new 64 inch tv, not to mention my furniture and everything else.

I think everything is just happening so fast and part of me is scared of going backwards, like having to go back to renting and all that. I am giving up a really nice house and a high paying career (well, 'cept I hate it), and basically going back to not having much of anything. Well maybe not nothing, I actually have alot of assets, but it's all tied up in investments. I guess the exchange though is not having to be a corporate slave/drone/lackey anymore and the possibility of getting really rich and being 100 times better off than I am now and maybe not have to work anymore at all. Well, either that or losing everything and ending up dirt poor.

<sigh>. All of this has just got me really down.

I wonder, what would Jesus do? :HaHa:

I wonder, what would Jesus do? :HaHa:

Sounds like quite a quandary. I sure feel for you. As to what Jesus would do--he said "the birds of the air have nests and the foxes have holes, but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head."

I do not consider it a disgrace to end one lifestyle for another. It's pretty hard to stick in there just for the money. I know all about it.

As to what Jesus would do--he said "the birds of the air have nests and the foxes have holes, but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head."

Haha, well I guess this means I should take my pillow along with my laptop and clothes.

Yeah there comes a point where it's just not worth the money. I think I am just bored more than anything, I need to start having more fun in life. Although starting off by being homeless isn't really what I had in mind....

Don't fret it too much Mike. You're just shaking up your comfort zone. It's natural for the human psychi to try to fight change but good things can often come from the change if you force yourself to push through.

Speaking as someone who has been in similar shoes more often than once.

Ditto what Vigile said; I'm going through such a change myself (once again) and though it's shaking me up greatly, I also know that at the end of it all lies a new and better life.

Don't fret it too much Mike. You're just shaking up your comfort zone. It's natural for the human psychi to try to fight change but good things can often come from the change if you force yourself to push through.

Speaking as someone who has been in similar shoes more often than once.

I am glad to hear this from you, since I am doing all this so I can trade for a living. Scary! :eek:

I am actually not so worried about the trading that's actually been going good. I think once I get past the next 3 or 4 weeks i'll be ok, I am just so stressed out at the moment because I am making so many changes at one time. Also it doesn't help that I don't have a place to live.

If you happen to see some guy walking along the highway carrying a pillow a laptop and a few clothes, that's just me so don't forget to wave!

Know where you're coming from, Mike. Having to do many things in a short period of time frequently triggers a depression-like affect in me. Thinking about all the what-ifs, doing mental previews of upcoming events, and trying to decide what to do first are all energy-draining. At an intellectual level I know that it would be better to work on a project; but at an emotional level I just want to sit in my desk chair and knock off solitaire games till five in the morning.

I've found that dealing with the less cerebral stuff first helps to restore a bit of the energy. Make sure you get out for regular breaths of fresh air, and start packing and "disappearing" alll the things you really don't want to take to the new place.